hollie96
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Haunted Hotel 2 - Believe The Lies

[Post New]by hollie96 on Jan 4, 09 8:03 AM
finicky12001 wrote:I am new to forums. I am stuck at the very beginning. Where do I get the keys from to put in inventory in order to copy them? thank you

This same thing happened to me, when the game first started the register was sparkling, so I clicked it. But somehow the game glitched, you (and I ) should have gotten a hidden object list first and one of the items to pick up was keys. I had to back out to the start page and start a new game under a new name.

Maven
Clownfish
Clownfish
944 Posts

[Post New]by Maven on Jan 4, 09 8:06 AM
Pckiller: I have had trouble running the game. For example, the "go to basement" part (I forgot which level) crashed the game session. You have more problems in HH2 than just its length and simplicity. Kudos on the graphics though. It's what made me buy it. However, I feel rather ripped off. Unfortunately for you, my memory is long, so another game from Specialbit Studios will likely not get purchased by me.

anne216
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by anne216 on Jan 4, 09 8:29 AM
I'm just wondering if I am the only one that couldn't read the list of items to find it was small and the contrast on writing not good enough for me to see however I did find all the items with randonm clicking and with what looked out of place the items were clearly visible and easy to find but the list wasn't for me anyway i liked the game and it ran smoothly good graphics a bit simple though mini games easy the hardest part was trying to read the clues so i didn't buy even though i would have had the list been clear to see just mO

trembly6
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by trembly6 on Jan 4, 09 8:36 AM
Just played the demo had problem getting in the first time but after exiting and going back in just clicked my name hit ok and was in. Some of the items are tiny or might just be my screen (using laptop today)(locked in the bedroom recovering from family visit). But over all I enjoyed the demo not sure yet that I'll purchase.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 4, 09 8:56 AM
Anne, I didn't find the print on the items to be found too small - however with the busy background the font was a bit thin to be easily distinguished. Black text shouldn't be on top of a patterned background where the pattern has black in it. Best is to have a solid or textured background, second best is to use a color that contrasts well with all the colors in the background - in this case white might have worked.

daisybug
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by daisybug on Jan 4, 09 11:13 AM
Wayy too short and wayyy too easy!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 4, 09 11:42 AM
This game hasn't been too short for me. I am so blind that it is taking me a looong time to find all those tiny items Day 2 and counting...

Leslie318
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Leslie318 on Jan 4, 09 12:01 PM
This one is Boring , and this is coming from someone who is playing a Nancy Drew game that she can't get past the first puzzle. Very disappointed!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jan 4, 09 12:14 PM
"Different Strokes for Different Folks!" No wait, that belongs in the thread about Quotes

[Post New]by AMERICANESKI on Jan 4, 09 12:22 PM
Completely enjoyed Haunted Hotel, it was my first hidden object game and Big Fish Games was a great find to me.
Just finished the Haunted Hotel II, Believe the Lies. Got to say, was disappointed. Either I am getting better or the game seemed too easy. Hung up on me twice during play, first time that has happend in any game i have purchased. Didn't loose my place though. Happy Gaming and Happy New Year to all.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 4, 09 12:36 PM
AMERICAN
welcome to the pond,youll find its the best place to make friends and discuss the games.
i would like to suggest better HO games if you like them, madam fate any of the mcf games are fantastic. they are well done and provide hours of entertainment,good graphics and storylines. youll be hooked lol

again welcome and happy gaming

Edited on 01/04/2009 at 12:36:53 PM PST

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Jan 4, 09 12:41 PM
Too short for any of my game passes.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 4, 09 12:56 PM
bonniesgrandma wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:
bonniesgrandma wrote:I couldnt play it at first so I went on tools on IE and changed some settings, and then it worked

What settings did you change?

I went on the technical questions here on the right, and did what it said. If I remember right I had to go to tools, internet options, then change security and privacy tabs to medium, hope this works for you

Thanks for replying Bonnie, only just seen it so apologies for not acknowledging you sooner.

[Post New]by gabby04 on Jan 4, 09 1:06 PM
Geez, great graphics but I can't say it took more than an hour total to play. Very short game!!! Very disappointed - spent my game coupon on that one.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Jan 4, 09 1:13 PM
welcome too the pond gabby, its a good rule of thumb to alwasy check the size of the game where they show the description ,before downloading this will tell you how big the file is. also many games tell you how many levels.hope this helps in the future.
happy gaming

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on Jan 4, 09 1:53 PM
Little help from one of the big fish in here...Think they are ever going to let the pc gamers have a shot at the "Mystery Case Files-MillionHeir"??? What's with that??
I'm sure I'm not the only "gotum all and still love them" MCF fan. Just asking, looked around and wasn't sure where to present the ?. Thanks

[Post New]by gb1014 on Jan 4, 09 3:00 PM
I've just started playing the game HH2-Believe the Lies but I can't get the bent pipe to fit anywhere on the car motor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

[Post New]by taffy14 on Jan 4, 09 3:11 PM
Enjoyed the game, but disappointed that it only took me two hours to complete it!!!!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 4, 09 3:28 PM
Wow, lots of pages on this. Forgive if I don't go back and read them all. My thoughts:

Good game, good graphics, good hidden objects well hidden (not just mishmashed and hidden in the dark) that mostly make sense (monkey on the porch maybe not... ) and personally I liked the music and ambiant sounds. The mini games were easy but at least there was pretty good variation.

I did have play issues in that 2 of the screen changes to mini-game puzzles (the hunters room and garage) went to a black screen and then nothing. I could still hear the music, hit windows key and did a ctrl/alt/del to see if it was running in task manager and it was, clicked on task bar button to go back to game and it loaded fine. Other than that I had no issues running it at all.

It was on the short side. I was surprised when it ended, I thought we would return to some of the rooms. I finished in abt. 3 hours.

The story: sorry, not enough. When you are sent to the next room by finding the object that suggests it,there should be inner dialog from our investigator explaining why, what he thinks. If I find a map that sends me to the woods and I decide to sneak about by working on an engine and hot wiring the company car it should say that's why I am doing it. Just sending me to a garage and start working away isn't clear at all. I kept thinking I'd missed something abt the story so I'd check the journal and about all there was was "I need to be sneaky" and "all eVidence points to the priest" but evidence of WHAT? You say you should be able to get into the story without the first, then there has to be more abt what is being investigated. LOTS of story in the first, not nearly enough in this one. I should not have to PM a developer to have him explain the story.

Edited on 01/04/2009 at 3:29:49 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 4, 09 3:41 PM
gb1014 wrote:I've just started playing the game HH2-Believe the Lies but I can't get the bent pipe to fit anywhere on the car motor. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It goes in the upper third of the screen, slightly to the left. If you mouseover that section, there are several places where you will see sparkles. Just try to place it in each of those sparkly places until you find the right one.

Go to: