Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:Review for Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Aug 10, 11 5:22 PM
I just finished the demo and am on the fence with this one. I did not like the magnifying glass showing up everywhere with apparently nothing to really do. This is going to be a rather long game which l like, but unnecessary points of interest gets on my nerves. The graphics are lovely and I like the spookiness of the game. The weirder the better for me. I am tempted to buy but, will have to play a few other games to see if I like them better before I spend the money.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 10, 11 7:57 PM
Thank You! Thank you so much Big Fish! I love Blue Tea games. It reminds me of Blair Rose (?)
Such a Beautiful Game and the Storyline is exactly what I like to play. I have to wait til the 1st beings I don't I need 1 SE left to buy this month.
This makes me So Happy to have an amazing FROG game. I now have forgot how bad i felt with the last game (the lost city)

And I like the new Game Manager, it took me by surprise at first, but liking it now.

I can't wait to BUY this game

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Aug 11, 11 10:00 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

grandmab3248
Herring
Herring
342 Posts

[Post New]by grandmab3248 on Aug 11, 11 7:40 PM
Warrington16 wrote:I liked this game, nice graphics, and the story was okay. It had all the stuff I like about these kind of games, except ... I don't like frogs. So maybe later but not CE.

I agree wholeheartedly.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Aug 12, 11 6:36 AM
I am d/l the game now, I did like everyone's reviews, So i decided to give this game a chace to see if it is worth the monies, I will be back later..Happy gaming fishes
so far I am not having any problems with the new game manager,Just wanted to say hello to you fishes this morning..

stollies1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by stollies1 on Aug 12, 11 4:10 PM
Such a beautiful looking game. Love the music too. Did find some puzzles patternless, but that's just me.
Its a good game and don't agree with the neigh-sayers.
Hey BFG just fix the Dream Chronicle series.
Vic

[Post New]by canadianyay on Aug 13, 11 7:02 AM
Absolutely agree with this review! So great to have HOG scenes that contain cleverly hidden objects! The hunt for them is truly part of the game! A must play!
TeamSD wrote:Wonderful game, i have a very high expectations on this game cuz it's developed by Blue Tea Games the developer of Enlightenus and Dark Parables series and i really love them. Yes, this game has manage to reach my expectations and maybe above my expectations! Graphics are truly enchanting, fantastic

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 7:06:54 AM PST

bjmusic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by bjmusic on Aug 14, 11 2:07 PM
Wow - I am Wow'd! First off, I should have known - Blue Tea Games - marvelous everything. However, they outdid themselves on graphics and music. I have never saved wallpapers, but I saved two of them. Hardly ever listen to music because I'm so picky, but I listened to it all. I started off the game with the music turned down, but then I brought it back up to full volume. THEN - I saved every last note to my music libraries. Oh my (and a little giggle at my own expense) it was stunning. The game plays wonderfully as I have come to expect from Blue Tea - Yay, Blue Tea - but I could have just looked at the lushness of the art forever, yummy art deco in almost every scene along with other lovely art styles. It's a feast for the eyes and ears. Well, color me HAPPY.

[Post New]by lattaratta on Aug 15, 11 11:55 AM
I feel compelled to express my disappointment with this game. Assembling items from the shinest curly cues in the scene- moronic. The toughest puzzle within the game was matching 5 colored balls to their 5 colored bases. Insultingly dumb. I guess I'll never find out how it ends.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Aug 15, 11 11:09 PM
This game sure was not worth the CE price. Ok for a SE. It started out being great but as soon as you get past the trial it gets Sooo boring, looking for the same stuff over and over. Could not wait to be finished and the bonus game is so short. Totally not worth it.

[Post New]by gameplayer300 on Aug 18, 11 6:56 AM
Great Game was almost afraid to buy another collectors edition after being taken with my first collectors edition the 13th skull

[Post New]by DashGamesAddict on Aug 21, 11 1:39 AM
I enjoyed the game very much, good storyline, stunningly beautiful graphics, but I found the mini games too easy.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 21, 11 3:19 PM
WOW is right. Excellent work Blue Tea. I love their games, so was expecting a superior game and got it. It's well worth the CE price. This is one of the best games of the year and I'll certainly be playing it again which is something I rarely do as I get bored the second time around, but not with this one. This is a Must Have!!! Thanks BF.

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Aug 23, 11 11:07 PM
Gorgeous game visually, excellent, well-paced plot and the haunting music we've come to expect from Somatone. Altogether satisfying experience, more than offsetting a few rough edges.

There were a couple of these. For one thing, it isn't a bad idea to turn up the monitor's brightness, because many of the Fr0g scenes are quite dark, with the elements very well-hidden within. For another, certain of the puzzles contained associations that I can't figure out even knowing the answer. Certain others were just a little too easy, in fact, all they held in value was eye candy. Fortunately there was a lot of that.

Great hint system (needed!), good but not great mapping. But my Big Three - graphics, plot, music - were all of them absolutely stellar. Well done, Blue Tea!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 24, 11 1:03 AM
Truly Beautiful with gorgeous music! Thank You!

girlJaye
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by girlJaye on Aug 24, 11 2:53 PM
This game is absolutely fabulous. I've never reviewed a game before (and I've been playing long enough to have plenty of thoughts on plenty of different games!), and it's so fabulous that I'm going to go ahead and let everyone know what I think.

I love the Blue Tea games in general, but usually when I play them, I have this sense that they could really be longer - I just don't want the fun to end. This game kept me so busy that I was ready for breaks in my play time! The story is great - it's intriguing and kept me wondering how exactly the "mystery" had played out, even though I figured out certain aspects to the plot as I was playing. The graphics are stunning: beautiful and immersive. The music is great: sets a wonderful creepy tone without being invasive - during some games I have to turn the music down in options because it's so heavy-handed, but not with this one. There's one track that reminds me of part of the soundtrack for "The Ring." Super creepy! I liked the hidden object scenes, too. They're cleverly constructed, but not tricksy. Now I'm not all about the challenge, like I know some of you are, and I like to be able to pick my way through the **** games pretty easily. I don't like the ones that try to trick you by hiding objects behind other objects so that the barest corner sticks out and you have to recognise what it is. This game isn't like that. The objects are very cleverly hidden, so you really have to pay attention, but not impossible to find. The only thing I would caution you on (and I think someone else has said it here, too) is that sometimes the objects they tell you to find are one color, but in the actual scene, the lighting will slightly alter that color, so it may not be what you though it was (does that make sense?). Sometimes big objects are small in the scene and vice versa.

Over all, this is a great game. I look forward to everything that Blue Tea Games puts out.

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Aug 27, 11 10:29 AM
A++++++! Best I have played in a long while!

[Post New]by Chickydoodle on Aug 28, 11 3:10 AM
I just started playing this game (I purchased it through the CE sale this weekend) and I had to stop! It seriously is scaring me!!! I'm a total baby and ghost stories scare the crap out of me. I was freaking myself out.

The graphics are awesome. I'm going to keep playing but not when I'm alone in the room.

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Psycho999 on Aug 28, 11 7:03 PM
lattaratta wrote:I feel compelled to express my disappointment with this game. Assembling items from the shinest curly cues in the scene- moronic. The toughest puzzle within the game was matching 5 colored balls to their 5 colored bases. Insultingly dumb. I guess I'll never find out how it ends.

Totally Agree........Thought I was the only person on here who totally hated this game, waste of 4 hours of my life, kept on thinking and hoping it would get better- it really didn't, I guess some people love doing the same stuff over and over, it made you do every Fragmented **** scene at least four times looking for curly things hidden in other curly things, ridiculous. The puzzles were an insult and the storyline was well told but entirely predictable from the first ten mins...well dodged, all the puzzles were matching coloured bases to other colours in between blindingly obvious clues...Shame the developers feel the need to dumb it down so much it's insulting.

Audiohawk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Audiohawk on Aug 28, 11 10:52 PM
Same developer as Briar Rose, but a much better result. The music is presented in full resolution, enabling its depth and subtlety to fully complement the game. There is almost always something going on in the sound design, providing a creepy atmosphere wherever you go. Frequent cinematics keep you on your toes. The hidden object scenes featuring fragments of a single useful object are back, as well as more traditional scenes which are populated with semi-interactive people. Very entertaining and well put-together. I recommend it!

Go to: