Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by carmelgu on Oct 2, 11 8:02 PM
lovely62 wrote:This game may my computer freeze up and black screen i had to cold boot which is n ot good for my computer..so i installed the game..hope the rest of you get the game running..

Yupper same here! Went to help screen and updated all drivers, Adobe flash and shockwave and rebooted SEVERAL times! STILL....same problem occurs... if I remember correctly this is the same thing that happened to me last year with the return to ravenhurst game...until it was finally fixed a few months later.....UGH!!!

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 4, 11 4:51 AM
Sadly, many of us who have been unable to sign in or play the CE Version of this game, are having the identical problem(s), when trying to demo trial/play the SE Version. Apparently, there has been no type of fixes made to this game whatsoever, for those using the PC format. Why they would release the SE Version for public purchase, when they (both BoomZap and BFG) BOTH know how defective this game is, both in the CE and SE Versions, puzzles me. Having interacted at length, with BFG Customer Service staff for many weeks, they keep saying that BoomZap is working on a repair, but so far, no estimated date for the "fix" has been identified. Meanwhile, there are countless PC gamers unable to demo trial this game, let alone PLAY it. So frustrating and sad, for those of us who ADORE this series of games!

Rainbow

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Oct 4, 11 2:21 PM
RainbowExplorer wrote:Sadly, many of us who have been unable to sign in or play the CE Version of this game, are having the identical problem(s), when trying to demo trial/play the SE Version. Apparently, there has been no type of fixes made to this game whatsoever, for those using the PC format. Why they would release the SE Version for public purchase, when they (both BoomZap and BFG) BOTH know how defective this game is, both in the CE and SE Versions, puzzles me. Having interacted at length, with BFG Customer Service staff for many weeks, they keep saying that BoomZap is working on a repair, but so far, no estimated date for the "fix" has been identified. Meanwhile, there are countless PC gamers unable to demo trial this game, let alone PLAY it. So frustrating and sad, for those of us who ADORE this series of games!

Rainbow

I have even tried to register with BoomZap to voice my input on how discouraged people are with this game. You apparently have to be "reviewed & accepted" before you can even post on their site. Never heard a peep from them, and this was last month. Go figure.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 5, 11 12:47 AM
blu_j_10 wrote:I have even tried to register with BoomZap to voice my input on how discouraged people are with this game. You apparently have to be "reviewed & accepted" before you can even post on their site. Never heard a peep from them, and this was last month. Go figure.

How pathetic! I had considered contacting BoomZap, directly, myself. Now that I know how futile that approach is, I won't bother. However, I DID send a PM to the BoomZap Webmaster (who started the "Thank You" thread on this Forum), to inquire as to what is going on with this game. So far, I've heard NOTHING back. What happened to the day and age when creators, developers, manufacturers, etc. took personal PRIDE in their work and didn't just leave their customers ignored, forgotten, overlooked?!?!?!

ANY basic business course will inform students that one of the MAJOR KEYS to building successful relationships with customers, suppliers, workers, etc., is COMMUNICATION!!!! Last I knew, communication was a "two-way" street. Thus, it won't EVER be productive, if just ONE party is willing to communicate!

Rainbow

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 12:48:14 AM PST

LadyJane62
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane62 on Oct 5, 11 8:53 AM
I have tried everything BF suggests. Not working goes back to Game manager. How can these games get through without BF not testing them first? Getting real tired of it. Please someone in BF send some answers to all of us frustrated gamers???????!!!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 10:19 AM
Hi LadyJane62,

We do everything we can to test our games as thoroughly as possible, but because there are so many different systems consisting of various components, it's hard to catch every possible issue before the game is released. This is why it is best to get in touch with Tech Support so that we can work to resolve any issues that may arise as fast as we can.

This can't be done with receiving more information from our players, such as a Dr. Felix report. You always have the option to wait to see if a certain issue may be resolved with a new build, but this process is definitely accelerated when we receive more information about it. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

treklady1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by treklady1 on Oct 10, 11 6:09 PM
Has there been any word on an update for this game to fix all the technical issues?

[Post New]by lilmouse45 on Oct 11, 11 8:46 PM
This game crashed my computer!! I tried again and cannot play the game at all after paying for it and will be contacting BFG for reimbursement!! This is absolutely not ok!! And horrible business practise!

[Post New]by lilmouse45 on Oct 11, 11 8:57 PM
Let me say again....the game that I payed for will not open at all!! I have a brand new gaming computer, so it's not on my end!! So not OK!!

[Post New]by lilmouse45 on Oct 11, 11 9:05 PM
Deleting account and never coming back!!

[Post New]by lilmouse45 on Oct 11, 11 9:15 PM
I tried to delete my profile and information, but couldn't do anything more than delete my payment method. Please delete my profile and all history. I do not want to do any more business with BFG. I can't believe you sell game downloads that crash computers and then they don't play at all. Can you say "Criminal"? much?

nawlinslady35
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by nawlinslady35 on Oct 26, 11 2:24 PM
Are they ever going to come up with a fix for this game?I tried to download again yesterday and as soon as i type my name in to play it boots me back to game manager.BFG and Boomzap could you please give us an update.I would really like to buy the game.

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on Nov 2, 11 12:11 AM
I hope that tech support is reading these issues. I would really like to play and purchase this third installment, as I have the previous two installments.

I downloaded the trial version without problems, but the game does not fully open in "full screen", it leaves the taskbar showing. A minor annoyance, I'll grant you.

However, a much more major annoyance is the fact that the hotspots are no where near where they should be, and on my 24 inch monitor they are at least 1/2 inch off in both the horizontal plane and the vertical plane. This clearly needs to be fixed, as the game is unplayable as it presently is, as you can spend forever clicking trying to guess where the correct spot is. I have a lot of BF games, and none of them behave in this manner.

Windows 7, 64 bit with all microsoft patches applied
Nvidia graphics with latest drivers installed

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on Nov 20, 11 4:14 PM
This game did more than crash my laptop, it killed it. It no longer boots up at all so I have now lost everything that was on my laptop. Not impressed to say the least. I buy a LOT of games from this site, and am usually very happy, but this is the ultimate worst thing that can happen. I am now typing this on my iPad as I no longer have a computer. VERY UPSET!!! (BTW, laptop was PC, not Mac, iPad is only Apple device in the house).

Hubby is very techy, and he cannot get laptop to work again either, I will have to take it in to see if it can be recovered, and if not, then I just might have to send a bill to BFG for new laptop.

[Post New]by tradergem on Nov 20, 11 6:58 PM
It sure would be nice to be able to play Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition, but I am one of the PC users that cannot get the game to load at all. I did all of the things that tech. support told me to do and still the game will not run on my pc.
I can play Moonfell Woods and Dreamless Castle with no problems.

So why can't you guys fix the problems for us pc users as fast as you can fix the mac version?

You guys are losing customers over this if what I am reading in the forums are true.

James

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Nov 24, 11 5:45 AM
Though I posted about this issue many weeks ago, I believe I have THE ANSWER to the mysteries behind why so many of us are NOT able to play this Awakening Game, in either the CE or the SE version. It is because we each have Nvidia Video Cards in our computers.

As I wrote about here, previously, I couldn't get this game to play, in either CE or SE version, despite owning, loving, and repeatedly playing BOTH of the earlier Awakenings games. Just recently, I upgraded to a newer computer (though still a used one) and had more memory and a new Nvidia Video Card placed in it. Neither game will play any differently for me now, than it did previously. I sent a Dr. Felix report to the Customer Service team, here at BFG, on November 4th. I STILL have not heard ANYTHING BACK from them!

However, I DID receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey in my e-mail. As a BFG member, I promptly told them how infuriated I was, about this situation. One of the "Live Chat" CS technicians, who tried to help me WEEKS ago with this issue (on my old computer), hinted that the problem was my Nvidia video card. By that point, I'd ALREADY bought the new Nvidia video card, for upgrading my newer machine and it was too late to return it.

So, despite some snarky remarks, made by some of the MANY CS techs I have spoken with, in recent months, (about my computer not being technologically "CURRENT"), the AGE of my computer had NOTHING to do with it! So, ladies and gentlemen, if you have a Nvidia Video Card, BFG and BoomZap have apparently decided that you and I are not "worthy" of their attention or MONEY!

Fascinating how one BRAND of video card is looked down upon, in such a snobbish fashion! The BFG CS staff have so little regard for all of us, they don't even bother to respond to my CS e-mails anymore! It isn't because I'm rude, offensive, and/or crude with my language, either! It's because they KNOW I'm correct about their "snobbery", "indifference", and awareness of their technological injustice, IMHO.

Rainbow

[Post New]by tradergem on Nov 24, 11 6:44 PM
RainbowExporer may be right about the conflict with Nvidia video cards. When I first tried Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom CE, customer service never mentioned that the Axle 3D 7950 GT Nvidia based video card could be the problem. Are all of the other people having problems with this game using Nvidia based video cards?

James

Tambil
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Tambil on Nov 25, 11 4:25 PM
Yes, my laptop does have a Nvidia video card, I guess this might be why it fried itself! Be nice to know if everyone else who had problems are running with this card too.

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Dec 14, 11 2:42 PM
Guilty of also having the NVidia card. It's been a few months and the problem isn't resolved obviously. Well, boomzap, shame on you! Won't be wasting my money on this one.

[Post New]by missyandhooter on Jan 28, 12 6:10 AM
I have bought many games here. This game is the worst! Can't get the bark off. My hand hurts after so many wipes. I've tried everything the techs told me. Nothings works. How do I get my money back?
Have Windows 7

Go to: