floradora
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by floradora on Nov 1, 11 3:27 AM
I didnt buy the trial version just went straight ahead and purchased the full game. I really enjoyed it. For me playing BFG are an escape and this was exactly what I was looking for. Lovely colours, graphics and story very well thought out and put together and not a HOG in sight !! Perfect for me.

kayC89
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kayC89 on Nov 1, 11 9:36 AM
Completed the game yesterday. Really enjoyed it. It's one of the best hidden object games I have ever played. Although I did find the raven door and beetle flower puzzle unbelievably frustrating, but thanks to the walk through and hint button I got through it without any tears. I was really impressed by the graphics and clarity of the different environments provided in the game, though the screen rotation could be irritating at times (at least I was able to turn it off). The storyline was highly engaging and the characters well thought out. I fell in love with Franklin's voice straight away and part of me wishes that there have been more cut scenes which involved his narration. Nevertheless the puzzles and activities were carefully constructed and I enjoyed the challenge. Personally, I found the music although beautiful, a little intrusive at times. I would also question the features included in the collectors edition. I don't feel it was worth the extra money for what was provided - wallpapers, music, trailers - trailers are available anyway on the big fish website. Nevertheless, full credit to all who worked on the game, its one to be proud of. As a newcomer to the Drawn series I am very impressed and look forward to playing other games in the series.
9/10

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 1, 11 10:23 AM
As a newcomer to the Drawn series I am very impressed and look forward to playing other games in the series.
Now you can go back and play the first two, to which this is a prequel.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Nov 1, 11 2:50 PM
I bought Drawn 1, loved it. Bought Drawn 2, didn't really like it. I couldn't get the capture net to work so ended up never finishing the game. After that, I swore I would not buy another Drawn. But I got sucked back in.

I liked Drawn 3 very much. It does have a few issues with slow loading and places where you get stuck. Some of the puzzles were too hard for me (that archer would be fired if he worked for me...he kept shooting into the ground) but I certainly got my money's worth in 'skip puzzle'.

Still even skipping the puzzles, I found the game enjoyable. I like HOGs with a story or I find staring at a bunch of junk trying to fine a Queen of Hearts card very headache provoking after awhile. Drawn, Mystery Case Files and Hidden Expedition suit me for that reason and I have bought every issue of each so far and have enjoyed most of them.

Hopefully Drawn 4 will have less bugs.

What I find so strange is that as computers advance it seems the games take longer to load and have more bugs. You would think the reverse would be true. Perhaps it is because the game designers in the world, not just at Big Fish, are using the latest programs to design while most of us are still using Windows XP and the like. Perhaps in the future, it would be wise for the game designers to test their games more thoroughly on various platforms before releasing them to the public.

Edited on 11/01/2011 at 2:54:27 PM PST

[Post New]by lovemymini on Nov 2, 11 9:26 AM
While the game was fun, it was way too short, especially for a Collector's Edition (and the cost). I enjoyed the other two Drawn games more. I would not recommend this one, it was a disappointment. the biggest complaint though is that the game was just not worth the money mostly because of length of time of total play.

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 3, 11 9:24 AM
I was so thrilled about this game and there is nothing that disappoints. I have purchased after a few minutes of gameplay. I love it. Great job!

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Nov 3, 11 6:11 PM
This is one GREAT GAME ... I've looked through the forum to read other player's comments ... can't say I could add any more laurels to what already has been said.

It's just one huge intertwined puzzle after another ... even what to do next is part of the adventure ... besides looking out for PIGS .... yes PIGS.

I'm in process of still playing the game ... I can only play for 1/2 hr or so then my brain gets overloaded and freezes up ... time to take a break. I'm playing in relaxed mode ... I can't wait to finish then I'll go through it all again in expert mode ...that should be a great challenge.

WTG BF !!!

[Post New]by Kittana51465 on Nov 3, 11 11:21 PM
I was so happy to see the new Drawn game, I didn't even bother with the demo and purchased it outright. I loved it, not sure whether it was because I had experience with the other two Drawn games that I had no issues at all on the experienced level.

Only complaint... now I have to wait at least another year for another one. I finished this one in one sitting without taking a break.

Thank you for another wonderful and beautiful game.

I will have to replay it as I missed a couple achievements.

katkarman
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by katkarman on Nov 4, 11 1:10 PM
I hope I downloaded the correct version. I have no clue. However I have always like Drawn, just like I like Nancy Drew games! I was thinking about purchasing Trail and Dark Flight. I am kind of behind on purchasing games i like. LOL. I will catch up. LOL

[Post New]by BritChick on Nov 4, 11 1:52 PM
lovemymini wrote:While the game was fun, it was way too short, especially for a Collector's Edition (and the cost). I enjoyed the other two Drawn games more. I would not recommend this one, it was a disappointment. the biggest complaint though is that the game was just not worth the money mostly because of length of time of total play.

STL531
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by STL531 on Nov 4, 11 6:57 PM
I will chime in with my belief that this game is RIDICULOUSLY short for a Collector's Edition. I have seen comments about game length before, but this is the first time that I felt compelled to post about it. I thought the game was short even before I realized that the bonus chapter was integrated into regular game play... when I realized that, I actually felt a bit ripped off. I think there was a single puzzle in the first Drawn game that took me as long as entire chapters in this one, and I did not use any cheats or skip dialogue or anything to speed up the game.

I won't disagree with people who are saying that the production value is higher than some longer games. There was one scene in particular that was breathtaking. That being said, there are also many games that are both incredibly detailed and unique AND significantly longer. The last several Mystery Case Files games (esp. Return to Ravenhearst and Dire Grove) come to mind immediately. I definitely suggest holding off for the SE (although the game will probably seem even more insanely short without the integrated bonus chapter), but I cannot justify the price attached to this game in CE form.

[Post New]by lilygirl750 on Nov 4, 11 9:56 PM
Buggy, buggy, buggy!

[Post New]by alisonofagun on Nov 5, 11 2:48 PM
The game is absolutely beautiful with great puzzles and an easy to use hint system. This was my first CE purchase, because I loved 1 & 2 so much I thought this one would be worth spending extra. I was wrong, probably will go back to waiting for SE versions again from now on. I enjoyed the bonus chapter, lots of fun stuff in there, but double the money for 1 chapter isn't really worth it for me as I don't really care about wallpapers or seeing the concept art. Maybe if the game as a whole were longer, I wouldn't feel so let down but I finished it without skips in a little over 3 hours. Great game- definitely don't miss it, but either use your credits, or wait for a $10 CE sale or the SE.
Thanks for the game- it is beautiful and fun, I'm just bummed I paid so much.

cutepiku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cutepiku on Nov 6, 11 7:55 AM
Beautiful art within the game and quite fun. I really did enjoy it!
My only complaint was that.. it was either too short or too easy. I blasted right through this game in about an hour and a half. And when you buy CE you expect a fair amount of game play..

[Post New]by lmyers1961 on Nov 7, 11 5:12 AM
This was by far the worst Drawn series I have ever played. I own the first 2 Drawn's and love them. This collector's edition is not worth the money. I was very disappointed.

Akela16
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by Akela16 on Nov 7, 11 11:09 AM
I'm on an iMac 22.5 running OS X 10.6.8

I've just completed playing the game .... I really enjoyed this one .... great graphics, good story line and loads of neat puzzles. I must admit I had to rely on "help" quite a bit because I wasn't sure what to do next or where to search.

Iv'e played Drawn: Dark Flight CE and Drawn: The Painted Tower CE ... and now Drawn: Trail of Shadows CE .... this is the best one yet.

I hope there will be a Drawn #4

[Post New]by babspaul62 on Nov 8, 11 9:31 AM
Nah ! - Sorry - not for me - no atmosphere

Raymy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Raymy on Nov 8, 11 1:00 PM
I couldn't wait to buy the CE and I didn't even finish the demo. And that was before I found out how to use the objectives and hints. I was just engaged in the story and puzzles. I do find I'm not always up to the task of searching everywhere and I shortcut by using the hints too frequently. I think when I play it again (next year?), I will not be so desperate to rush through. I'm satisfied with the experience and only wish I could play the mini games afterward without having to start over.

Great job. I think its worth the price, maybe more. Guess I'm getting a deal, then.

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Nov 9, 11 9:29 AM
I don't comment much but I LOVED Drawn:ToS...but then I am a big fan of the series and pop-up books. Drawn:ToS isn't really a HOG or and adventure game, it's an interesting hybrid...which is a good thing. I'm about up to _HERE_ with the vampire, ghost, insane clown posse fare that has dominated of late. I don't have any personal or moral issues with the dark arts content, but the dark HOG scenes are tiring for older eyes and the theme becomes kind of dreary. However I don't want all unicorns and rainbows either.

I didn't find the scenes foggy or indistinct but then I have a new HD monitor and everything looks gorgeous on it. The soft focus and pastel palette is a relief from the overly dark screens that seem to be the norm nowadays.

I don't understand the issue about the SG...but I didn't bother with the demo so maybe that's where the SG issue lies. I found the built-in SG/hint system was pretty much seamless. Sure, it's not a walkthough per se, but was all the help I needed and I can be pretty obtuse at times. I much prefer an integrated SG to toggling back & forth to book in a separate screen...which gets old real fast and if you play in multiple sessions can be downright confusing.

I tend to get motion sickness too and understood what the setting meant so turned down the screen sensitivity...perhaps BFG could have made that clearer...we're not all geeks.

I can't wait for the next chapter in the Drawn saga to find out Franklin's back story...is he the boy?...Iris's real father?!

KUDOS !!11!!!

wolywig
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by wolywig on Nov 9, 11 10:56 AM
this is the slowest to load & slowest all round game I have ever seen I am surprised anyone would buy it ???????

Go to: