ldevine
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: In Libro Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ldevine on Dec 21, 11 8:25 PM
So, how was the bonus game? Was it fun? Was it worth the extra cost of the CE?

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Dec 25, 11 9:01 PM
I thought this game was beautiful and intriguing.

On the whole, I do not like puzzles. If I can't figure it out in less than a minute, I use the skip button. So the built in Strategy Guide made this game a complete win for me. When I got stuck, it was right there where I needed it. I didn't have to go to another screen.

This is not a HOG game but I am not a huge fan of HOGs so that made it worthwhile to me.

I thought the story line was excellent and the game was expertly done. I did not find it too short as others have said. I wonder if we played the same game as it took me at least a good 6 hours of game time to complete it.

The bonus level was lovely but I am not one to judge as to whether it is worth the additional price or not. I think it is but I am not an expert, I am just someone that enjoys an interesting game with nice pictures and fun puzzles. I am probably what you would call an easy to moderate game player.

In my opinion, both this game as well as Royal Envoy 2 should be purchased in the Collector's Edition if only for the built in strategy guide because if you are only a casual player, like me, you will use them quite a bit.

I should note I have purchased and played all of the Azada games. This one was a bit different than the others but it was still enjoyable.

Edited on 12/25/2011 at 9:07:09 PM PST

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 27, 11 12:02 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I'm a huge fan of this series. I think they did a brilliant job on this one. The graphics and animations are absolutely beautiful! Love the option to change modes of play during the game. Voiceover acting is great and the story is very intrigueing. Really got a kick out of them integrading your name into the game.

The puzzles are going to be challenging, but that's what I want. I don't want to run through a game, I want it to take time. There is a bit of back and fourth looking for items to solve things, but the graphics are so good, you don't mind. The opening scene is outstanding and breath taking IMO. This is a must have for sure. Give this game a try. Thank you Developers & . Great Job!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE" Outstanding!
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘

Have to laugh LovetoMissLisa cuz ((do your license plates read the same??? LOL) BUT I do think I know you and also respect your opinions most of the time on games. But.....WOW I just finished the game - IN LESS THAN 3 hours and that includes the bonus level which was wayyyy too short IMO This game totally stunk, if I hadn't gotten the deal for the CE this week I would have been totally Pizzzzed!!Again JMO but still the bonus lased me 20 minutes, I did have some glitches in the game and had to skip a few of the mini games because although I had the puzzle "sussed" (figured out) it still kept me in the puzzle and there was NOTHING to change! This was .another real Downer!! All in all I am sorry I even spent $6.99 on this it should have been a DD even as a CE!! JMHO I have been playing the Royal Envoy3 CE and so far have about 14 hours in and am only half way done!! This was a total waste I loved and OWN the first 2 but DONT BUY THIS AS A CE - again JMO but it defintely wasn't worth even 2.99

Lean
(o)

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 27, 11 5:19 PM
I purchased the CE on sale. I am glad I did, because I referred to the Strategy Guide quite a few times. It seemed to me that some of the back-and-forth to get items didn't always make sense. I enjoyed the game, but found it lacking in some areas for "why is this being done this way".

The clarity of the screens was great. Not having to constantly do H0 scenes was a nice change; more adventure with some "find the items" tossed in. It took me about 5 hours to complete the entire game, including the Bonus Round.

I consider this an OK game; will I replay it; maybe.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jan 1, 12 2:47 AM
I thought this game was ok, not great. The prevous games were way better. I like going into the pictures and doing different things. This was very similar to Phantasmat (or whatever it's called).

[Post New]by mostly_nameless on Jan 1, 12 2:46 PM
Just finished the game, but then I didn't buy it until the CE was on sale. And, I'm glad I go the CE because the game would've seemed either unfinished or sad-ending without the bonus storyline.

That said, it was a very fine game, but it wasn't Azada. I love the other two Azadas because they are all puzzles. I can't think of any game like Azada.

This was a very nice, extremely nice really, adventure game. I think it would've been good enough to start it's own franchise without riding on the Azada name.

So, will we ever get a real third Azada puzzle game?

(Oh, and that sodoku with faces thing was an evil puzzle. I got tired of it and hit the strategy guide. Wow. Way beyond fun kind of hard on that one.)

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 8, 12 6:46 PM
When Azada in libro came out I didn't hesitate. I bought it because the previews Azadas were beautiful.

This one falls with the other ones as very beautiful games with excellent graphics, but the story line was something that got me lost for a while, beside that the challenge was good, the HOS were very clear and the adventure saga of the game was just fine.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 9, 12 8:54 AM
ldevine wrote:So, how was the bonus game? Was it fun? Was it worth the extra cost of the CE?

in a word.......NO!
the bonus took me around 12 minutes to play, the game itself is so-so and again way too short

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 19, 12 11:30 AM
Just finished the demo. I agree very different from the other two games which of course were developed by BF, I played the first Azada on my iPod touch and loved it
then played again on my macbook .. great I could see everything !!!!
I will by this game and even will splash out for the CE, I am a fan of ERS games but
I think the magic of Azada has been lost has turned into a bit " Same Old....."
Thank goodness no Hogs I am getting a little tired of ratching through piles of unrelated junk !!!.. Yes I will splurge my two game credits !!!!

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Jan 19, 12 4:38 PM
Finished the demo last night.

Hmmm. I love Azada 1. I love puzzles and puzzles you can play over and over are the best. Witness the string of TM games I've been playing and replaying lately. Even though the story line was a bit thin you knew how far along in the game you were and once you've finished the game you can go back and play your favorite type of games.

Azada 2 was fun but somehow once you've made your way through the scene it's not as much fun for replay.

What seems to be happening today with games is that the developers are enamored with their ability to do short movies in games. Getting the voice actors just right and the animation just so. Now I think the opening of Azada 3 is the best I've seen but that's not what Azada has been about. It's about the puzzles!

Of the puzzles I've played so far the bicycle chain seems just picky and at least 2 solutions unless the colors are way more subtle that I think. And the lock in the cable car just seems random. So maybe replay on the first and why on the second. If you read your diary then some others are obvious and some you don't even know you have all the parts for or the instructions aren't very clear.

So will I get this as a CE? I do have a thing for series. But does anyone know if the puzzles are separate so they can be replayed or do you have to play the whole game again to replay them? That may be the deciding factor.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 31, 12 5:14 AM
Sorry Dakini it does not appear that the games are replayable.. I seem to remember that they were on the other two Azadas pity I was running out of time , wanted to finish game and skipped the Sudoko game ..
A bit disappointed in this Azada, it was an OK experience but I would not
recommend the CE, extra game not worth it....
Walkthrough not really required as the hint system is good...
Good graphics, fun, but easy games . Game much too short.

[Post New]by Old_Spirit on Feb 11, 12 6:23 PM
Compliments to the crew that developed this one. Good plot sequencing, great graphics, challenging puzzles, and moderately tough HO's. The inventory items, the use of which often remains obscure for a long time, are well thought out and confusing until precisely when they're needed.

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Apr 23, 12 12:19 AM
I love this game and one thing I discovered is that I love the first and second Azada games too. I think I must have tried the first Azada when I was a newbie to the hidden object games and didn't appreciate it. After Azada In Libro came along and I liked it so much I started reading about how people love them and I went back and tried the second one and discovered I love it so bought both of them and I just can't understand why there aren't more games like this. Please make more games like this.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 12, 12 7:04 AM
this game was a buy for us.------ doug & lisa

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 14, 12 11:12 PM
I played the demo and liked it ok, so I bought. I was a fan of the previous Azadas. I wish I had remembered seeing these reviews a while ago - I was very disappointed in the length of the game. I played on the middle level and I like to take my time, read all the journal entries and enjoy the scenery. I even had multiple interruptions, including a 40 minute phone call and still finished the main game in under 4 hours and the bonus in 22 minutes! Shame on you ERS, this is not up to your standards! IMO, the CE/bonus game is not worth the money. *Sigh*

GAME COMPLETED TWICE

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 4, 13 3:52 AM
GAME COMPLETED TWICE

I’m Glad I Got This As A CE – At Half Price

Story: The magical book Azada again summons you and you are off to Prague to save it and its interior worlds.

Developer: Big Fish Games
Release Date: Nov 2011
Extras:

Without the integrated strategy guide, this Azada would have gone the way of the other two for me – I wouldn’t have been able to finish it. Again, I found both the puzzles and the adventure aspects too difficult for me. But at least now the game has ‘grown up’, with better graphics, game mechanics, HELP, and a more complex story. All this was good – although I agree with other reviewers that it is a shame the developers didn’t stick more closely to the original book and page-turning idea.

For a player with better puzzle skills than mine, I am sure this would be an enjoyable SE game, but it was not brilliant. It was very much in keeping with the standards we expect from the better series and developers.

Bonus Content Review

As a CE, if the strategy guide was less important than it was to me, I think it would be a waste of money. In fact, to my mind the only reason to buy the CE would be if you were trying to improve your puzzling skills, for which you would need the SG.

The Bonus Game was laughable. I know I took longer over some of the puzzles than I did over this whole section. It added nothing to the game and was unbelievably short. As for wallpapers, music etc., none of it was spectacular enough to pay for.

I would have felt extremely disappointed with this game at full price.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Oct 11, 14 12:40 PM
for the most part this is a good game but i let it slip by that there were no hos but i won't again.this should have just been advertised as an adventure game .i see people complain all the time because there are too many hos,so why do they buy them?there can't be too many as far as i'm concerned.i go through them to find the ones with the most.but the biggest thing is there is ABSOLUTLEY no sense in the hint taking so long to recharge.that is rediculous and wayyy too many mini puzzles

Go to: