Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by banana270 on Dec 12, 11 1:48 AM
the game jump a bit on my computer. why?

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Escape from Ravenhearst™ Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by angel70631 on Dec 13, 11 2:07 PM
ccampbell6289 wrote:hey does anyone know hootow to get in the matrinty ward.. lefty does not work... Please HELP... Thanks....

lorelei25
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by lorelei25 on Dec 13, 11 5:09 PM
angel70631 wrote:
ccampbell6289 wrote:hey does anyone know hootow to get in the matrinty ward.. lefty does not work... Please HELP... Thanks....

Check the toe tags in the morge, then use the eye chart
the word they spell out is the door code (another one that changes each game!)

Hope this helps!

[Post New]by momof41976 on Dec 15, 11 11:46 AM
The walk through says that after you do the two bonus morphing object games in the case book, you can read clues for the next game, but nothing other than a new diary page with pictures pops up, am I missing something?

[Post New]by ecogaw on Dec 15, 11 2:13 PM

SassiAngel
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by SassiAngel on Dec 16, 11 7:46 PM
I'm really disappointed in this game. I played the demo, not sure if I liked the morphing instead of the Hidden Objects. I've loved and played all the MCF games and bought all the standard editions, but was always left with MANY questions and thought maybe if I had bought the CE, I'd have some answers, so I just up and bought the CE edition of this. People have already questioned "where's the bonus chapter(s) and I've read the answers. Now that I've finished the game, I really wish I'd have known what the 2 tabs at the top were for, but even then, I still feel "jipped" (sp?). I think the thing I hated the most was the notebook. In all the other MCF games, it kept all the info and you could go back to it when you were stuck and get answers or figure things out! I had no idea what I was supposed to do in many of the puzzles and ended up skipping them. I hated having to use the strategy guide (which really wasn't that much help, so I was using it and the BFG walkthrough) because it made me feel like I was "cheating". It really took the fun out of it. I'm very sorry I purchased the CE... I wish I would have waited and just got the SE. I'm still left with questions and unlike the other games that I DO play over and over, I don't even have the desire to play this again. Just my opinion and no offense was meant to those of you who really liked it.
Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!!

[Post New]by martinirye on Dec 17, 11 11:50 AM
I really like MCF games, have bought four of them, but this last game Escape from Ravenhurst I did not like so much. The storyline was just too sick and disturbing, especially the scenes in the hospital and asylum. I was literally like,'yuck this is sick, I am going to stop now!!' I did eventually finish the game and am glad I got the Collector's Edition because the strategy guide was essential. Too bad no hints or written text given for helping us solve the puzzles. That is why the strategy guide was so important! Last two sections of the game were much too short. Overall rating: 3 out of 5. Return to Ravenhurst was my absolute favourite! Hoping for a more engaging storyline in the next MCF game.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Dec 18, 11 11:31 AM
I am sooo glad I waited to play the demo until the game has been out for awhile! It only gave me 20 minutes of play and then I was on to the comments to only see that the whole thing is morphing and no **** - a Definite NO BUY for me not even when it comes out as a SE - I hated this and I do own all the other MCF games but not a buy based upon all the reviews and my VERY LIMITED demo- Why oh why do developers mess with a winning game??? JMHO

Lean

tropx
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by tropx on Dec 19, 11 7:44 AM
I have bought & played all of the MCF series and have to say that this new game is a big disappointment. I absolutely loved all of the others & was really looking forward to playing another exceptional game- but no such luck! What I cannot understand for the life of me is why like so many other things people try and improve on something that is already a smashing success just the way it is? Most of the time they end up ruining it- which has certainly happened in this case. I'm not even 1/2 way through this game & I have little to no desire to even finish it. Although the graphics are as great as ever the puzzles are difficult and not very intuitive- at least in the other games I could always find a HOG scene to play while I was waiting to figure out how to solve something. These morphing objects aren't really difficult but they aren't fun either! They have absolutely no skill set attached to them whatsoever & in fact- they are rather boring after awhile. I don't look forward to playing them like I did with the HOG scenes so there is nothing to hold my interest here. I am very sorry that the designers of this great series have taken it upon themselves to ruin what could have been another really great game.

Edited on 12/19/2011 at 8:04:02 AM PST

garlin75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by garlin75 on Dec 20, 11 11:16 AM
I keep waiting for the regular edition and it seems to be taking a long time to come out. Does anyone know when it will be ready?

[Post New]by daveygrl88 on Dec 20, 11 8:02 PM
i got thur most of the game without a problem until now.. im stuck at the part in the insane asylum where your supposed to use a screwdriver to turn the thing in the head of the guy with the cards and also use the screwdriver to open the little vent behind him but my screwdrive is not in my inventory am i supposed to find it somewhere help me please!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 21, 11 12:49 AM
daveygrl88 wrote:i got thur most of the game without a problem until now.. im stuck at the part in the insane asylum where your supposed to use a screwdriver to turn the thing in the head of the guy with the cards and also use the screwdriver to open the little vent behind him but my screwdrive is not in my inventory am i supposed to find it somewhere help me please!!!
It's not a screwdriver you need for those things but an ice pick (not the pick axe either) - you can find it upstairs, left stairs, room on the right.

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Dec 22, 11 1:29 AM
Guy Ritchie, the film director, said recently that when making any sequel to a successful first film, there is a strong risk of making it too long, too dense and overcomplicated. So he was constantly on his guard with the new Sherlock Holmes film and even tore up a large chunk of the script at the start. It seems to me that MCF has fallen headlong into this trap with Escape tpo Ravenhearst.

I have a new PC with an Intel i2500 chip, 1TB memory, a large screen and an Nvidia screen card, running win7, broadband connection. As the PC is almost new there is nothing much clogging it up, yet it still forever to download EtoR and it has stalled a couple of times when being played.

Regarding the content, now I like the macabre as well as the next person but some of this is more than creepy it is depressingly weird. Reminds of a rather nasty Russian HOG about drug crime that I deleted from my system last year.

Also given that MCF art director Jeff Haynie is a Christian I was surprised at the gruesome hospital scenes which I thought weird and unpleasant (and I am an atheist).

We play HOGs in the main to relax because we do not want to play multi player games which involve a lot of gory killings. But there are increasing amounts of gore in the MCF franchise. Might it not be the case that there are other players out there who play HOGs precisely because they aren't so gory. We aren't all bloodthirsty young men you know.

It is quite possible to have a weird interesting game which does not become unpleasant - Madame Fate is my favourite, I think this is truly brillant. I also like the fact that it has a map and you can chose levels of puzzles in a specific location, and it has some great HOGs.

I don't mind the morphing objects in EtoR but it is very difficult to navigate and some of the puzzles are virtually insoluble without using the strategy guide. So great artwork as always, but too difficult to play and too gruesome, too macabre and ultimately depressing.

We work from home and like to play a HOG to relax at the end of the day. There is nothing relaxing or entertaining about EtoR and we shan't be finishing it. Sorry.

[Post New]by Woodjay on Dec 22, 11 10:33 AM
I have posted my review already under the game. Briefly, this is a really interesting, if gross and disturbing in places, game. But I have two questions

1. The CE version: I think the extra bits must be the morphing bits in the diary? I am not sure what the numbers (x/15) etc are at the top of the dairy but one definintely went up when I got the morphing objects there.

2. Why at the end do the four women (ok 2 women and 2 children) somehow seem to be alive but all those Blackpool residents aren't saved? I thought I would end up saving them too. Couldn't they all be got down somehow?

Oh and by the way, it does NOT always rain in the real Blackpool (and actually there aren't many cliffs near there!).

Holly1006
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Holly1006 on Dec 23, 11 3:41 PM
usignuolo wrote:Also given that MCF art director Jeff Haynie is a Christian I was surprised at the gruesome hospital scenes which I thought weird and unpleasant (and I am an atheist).

weird & unpleasant - yes. unChristian??? no! there's nothing even questionably unChristian & this is so not the place to bring up anyone's religion/faith.

i'm sure Jeff can defend himself, but i just had to get on my soapbox for a moment.

[Post New]by lwilliams701 on Dec 23, 11 7:13 PM
Can you tell me where to find the fourth pill? I have only found three and Im stuck. One is on top of some box in the hall one on the gurney and one in the manniqin mouth are what Ive found.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 24, 11 12:57 AM
lwilliams701 wrote:Can you tell me where to find the fourth pill? I have only found three and Im stuck. One is on top of some box in the hall one on the gurney and one in the manniqin mouth are what Ive found.
The fourth red pill is on the sink in the morgue.

[Post New]by Suezq1834 on Dec 24, 11 2:23 PM
im am stuck on the scene where i need to feed the pie to the mannaquin mom, i am not able to put the tnt into the pie. it tells me "i wonder if charles did this as a child, i should evidence of this". i have looked all through the strategy guide and still cannot find an answer. i have put it in every part of the pie but it still will not except it.

[Post New]by intex1 on Dec 24, 11 9:16 PM
zone 5 violin player can not dig yellow handle in the rock pile magnfine glass will not show where to dig.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Dec 25, 11 12:05 AM
Suezq1834 wrote:im am stuck on the scene where i need to feed the pie to the mannaquin mom, i am not able to put the tnt into the pie. it tells me "i wonder if charles did this as a child, i should evidence of this". i have looked all through the strategy guide and still cannot find an answer. i have put it in every part of the pie but it still will not accept it.
You have to open Charles' personal records file and look in there first.

Go to: