revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by revbecca on Nov 23, 11 10:15 PM
I can't even get the game to open. When I click on the game, it seems to open, but immediately minimizes to an icon in my task bar. Nothing I can do makes it actually run. I am VERY disappointed. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling, but I'm not holding out much hope.

ToniD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues here

[Post New]by ToniD on Nov 23, 11 10:43 PM
I don't understand the technical talk. I don't WANT to understand all this. I just want to play the game that I just spent $14.00 to buy. I did a short scan of the posts (all 9 pages of them!) and I didn't see any problems like mine, but I apologize if I missed it.
I can't even get past the GM. The game is pending in GM, status is "waiting to download." GM shuts down every time I try to activate the download process. GeezeLouise. Can I just have my hard-earned money back? I am not interested in becoming a computer engineer -- I play these games for ENTERTAINMENT, not education. Not really sure why it was so important to attempt to raise the bar on my capacity for frustration and my computer's capacity to run your programs, but apparently that is the result. In short, let me just say, I AM NOT ENTERTAINED. And isn't my entertainment supposed to be the point of this?

And for the record, I did not see warnings about system requirements, or recommendations that I play the trial version FIRST, until AFTER I had given BFG my money. How very clever and sneaky. Why would I doubt a MCF game from BFG? Thanks for giving me a sucker-punch, BFG.

[Post New]by pieces20036869 on Nov 23, 11 10:43 PM
I love mystery case files have not had any problems with the other games but I can not play this one the game keeps sticking I have to keep going to main menu about every 1 minute give or take a few seconds and then going back into the game to be able to move the cursor this is very frustrating please help I actually had to pay the 13.99 for this game as I had no credits so please fix the issues the game is having I have a Quad Core 3.4 GZ processors and 4 Gigs of ram and I am running a 8800GT graphics so this game should not lag for me please help.

[Post New]by fltmarch99 on Nov 23, 11 11:25 PM
I'm disappointed that i will not be able to play this one because my video card isn't new enough......bah humbug....good luck to all that can play

[Post New]by drumstring on Nov 23, 11 11:37 PM
hi , I am having the same issue , the game has shifted to the right for me , leaving a 2inch strip of blackness on the left .. I put it in windowed mode and all is good , but I play it in full screen until I come across a scene where I need to click on something to the far right , , maybe a game update is due out and will correct this issue . but playing it is fun , and yes my cursor moves alittle jerky as well .. I have an hp pavilion 6 gig . 64 bit , with a 23 inch monitor . my next computer will definately be a gaming computer . ............................... all things will be possible then........lol

Varley
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Varley on Nov 23, 11 11:38 PM
I can't even get past the GM. The game is pending in GM, status is "waiting to download." GM shuts down every time I try to activate the download process. GeezeLouise. Can I just have my hard-earned money back? I am not interested in becoming a computer engineer -- I play these games for ENTERTAINMENT, not education.
And for the record, I did not see warnings about system requirements, or recommendations that I play the trial version FIRST, until AFTER I had given BFG my money.

ToniD - I had the problem with the GM hesitating to download. For me it turned out to be my firewall waiting for me to give permission for the game to change some settings. So congratulations to you to have high security on your machine - probably! :-)

But if you don't have some kid around to check your settings, I know if you go to customer service and ask for your money back, they will probably do that. I've emailed them in the past with problems and they are ALWAYS nice and good to me and always try to help.

At the top of any page, on the top at the extreme right side is the ?Help button. Click that. Depending on what you want and what time it is you can either live chat or email from that page (bottom left).

Hope this helps!

Kiwicouple
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Kiwicouple on Nov 24, 11 12:06 AM
I'm a little perturbed that I can play World of Warcraft on it's highest settings without a problem on my very high end PC...but this game will hardly run at all.

It's laggy to an extreme..I can hear sound effects before the graphics catch up...an example is in the beginning when the lamp breaks..

It's still hanging on the fence but the sound has already smashed..

It would be funny if I hadn't stupidly bought the game based on the simple fact that my PC is at least double the recommended specs.

Gonna ask my IT expert to have a look tomorrow, but I suspect I've wasted my money.

***UPDATE***

After reading this entire thread I found a fix...

Updating my graphics card drivers now has the game running seamlessly..even with the HD ticked...I thought it was up to date as well.

I highly encourage people with high end machines to try this.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 12:24:29 AM PST

[Post New]by drumstring on Nov 24, 11 12:08 AM
yea well now the game froze on me as well . I probably won't try playing it again till I see that there is a update for it when opening GM.. I just bought a play station 3 ,, it works fine I will go play it and wait for an update .. I think they release these games without paying people to test them ,, WE are the testers and they fix as we complain .. lol and we pay them ??????????????????? whats wrong with this picture . there are alot of gaming sites out there . BF beware . you are pissing us off...................................................................all of us.

[Post New]by drumstring on Nov 24, 11 12:17 AM
Yup I am almost ready to cancel my BF subscription .. I like car racing games better lately , when problems arrive with a new game , and it is not our faults . It causes me to remember that there are other game sites as well . I think I will go out and purchase a gaming computer , and just buy cd rom games , the heck with game network downloads . off a disc is 100 times faster to download as well . and Target and wallmart carry them all...!I must own 100 games from BF . enough is enough ...........

Kiwicouple
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files:Escape from Ravenhearst Collector's Edition technical issues he

[Post New]by Kiwicouple on Nov 24, 11 12:29 AM
Varley wrote:
I've emailed them in the past with problems and they are ALWAYS nice and good to me and always try to help.

I have to agree...the couple of times I've contacted Big Fish with problems..the customer service has been beyond reproach.

So to those that are having trouble..give BF a chance..some of us have managed to get our games going with various small fixes like updating the graphics card drivers..

Good luck all.

[Post New]by softworks on Nov 24, 11 12:32 AM
1. Starting logos and text is blurred. Almost cant read the text. Maybe is because I use 4:3 and widescreen art shrinks down?

2. Game SAVE probably does not work. Started games 3x and always starts at the beginning.

3. Error 766 (just once).

Strange, I have experienced problems only with 2 games - this one and Drawn 3. Both by BFG Studios.

Is someone pushing you for an early release? (I am developer, so I know how it works).

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Nov 24, 11 12:32 AM
My game froze after 2 hrs of playing...even the task manager couldn't stop the prog. So had to force shut down. Got access violation too.
Game restarted ok but I just hope it's not going to be an ongoing problem.

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Nov 24, 11 12:40 AM
My machine specs are above the requirements needed. Even so I made sure that I downloaded and did a trial run first - download was OK and the game ran OK. After I bought the game it froze several time while playing and I had to Ctrl-Alt Del to leave the game.
I had to restart and change my logon to continue.
Also had several error violations one was 0x005e973 (tried to read from 0x00000001) program terminated.

Not fun,

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by 2easy on Nov 24, 11 12:43 AM
They should do away with these stupid big file CE games and just release standard editions...

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Nov 24, 11 12:56 AM
My machine excedes the spec required even so I made sure I trialled the game first. Demo download was quick and play was fine. But everything fell apart after I bought the game. It froze several times and I had to Ctrl-Alt Del to leave the game.

I Also had several error violations, one was 0x005e9733 (tried to read from 0x00000001) program terminated. I changed profiles 3 times because I had so many problems.

Not fun.

Alikamou
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Alikamou on Nov 24, 11 1:55 AM
I've been playing for a few hours now, but now I'm stuck. I have reached where need levers for music boxes. Got 3 out of four. Unable to get the magnifying glass so I can use the pick to dig in the cave with the rose petals and the violinist. Any help?????

lidaviola
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lidaviola on Nov 24, 11 3:59 AM
OK so I did everything I possibly could to get this to play right. Updated drivers, etc. Still getting flashing pixels. So off to write to BFG. Really frustrating.

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Nov 24, 11 4:37 AM
I've tried the demo - not sure what's going on but I get flashing "stripes" of pixels in some scenes - can't really describe it well as I have no idea where does it come from. The game works just fine except for this. Are we being contacted by the mods after posting here?

rugrats299
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by rugrats299 on Nov 24, 11 4:45 AM
I downloades trial hit play and error message says unsupported display device type (Intel915/910 what does that mean

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 24, 11 5:03 AM
rugrats299 wrote:I downloades trial hit play and error message says unsupported display device type (Intel915/910 what does that mean
You have an intel graphics chip in your laptop (rather than an nvidia / radeon chip or a card). This is unsupported (see the technical requirements) and the game can't run.

Edited on 11/24/2011 at 5:29:23 AM PST

Go to: