popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Group play for Hotel - all are welcome!

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 21, 12 5:10 PM
Just popping in very briefly to update the players list.

A big congrats to all those that have finished the game! It seems there are only a couple of us left still playing and I hope you are still enjoying the game. I am hoping to get back to finish mine tomorrow, I just don't seem to have had any free time this past couple of days. Fingers crossed I can relax with a game tomorrow though.

Really pleased to see this group play is another success and that you all seemd to enjoy it.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Feb 22, 12 9:58 AM
I saw the players list and then skipped to the last post here and it seems like you have had a nice group and most are finished. I hope you all had a great time. Following is my sad story.

I planned to get up Saturday, get the game and devote a lot of the weekend to playing. But my computer has been unavailable since Friday the 17th. After spending some time with a Verizon tech he determined my power cord needed replacing. Although it was free I had to wait over the Sunday and the holiday for it to arrive. All the time I was wondering if this cord was really the problem.

But I finally got it and it was the right solution and hubby and I are back online! I can live without TV or a car for a while but having my computer down is a major problem in my life but I did handle it okay. That's the good news but the bad news is that I missed the group play and the SALE!!!

I have the new two games we are planning on playing next and am ready to start when everyone else is.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 22, 12 10:09 AM
PurrrThang...I'm laughing over your remarks re living without your PC. I know exactly how you feel and sympathize completely I wonder if there is a support group for those who are suffering with PC withdrawal.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 23, 12 2:38 AM
For all who have finished "Hotel" Congratulations! Well Done! And to those who are still playing...don't give up. Were still here for you. It's really worth finishing the game. The story even get's better the furthur you get. Be strong and hang on! This game was a winner.

Cherb: Are you still playing?
Popla: Hang in there...it get's better and better. And it's not a long game.
Catfish_Girl: Are you going to play RTMI?
amj0963: Hang in...the game picks up the pace and then it end when you don't want it to.
Purr: Always good to see you. Are you going to play RTMI?

I just bought all 3 "Law & Order" games while there were on sale. Any of those every coming up in group play? I'll save them if so.

Once again Congrats to all who finished. And keep up the good work to those still playing.

your fellow group player,
LovetoMissLisa

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 2:39:31 AM PST

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 23, 12 8:48 AM
@PurrrThang I know exactly what you mean about your computer, I can't do without it either! We (DH & I) have our very own computer and if for some reason one of them needs to go to the shop/geek squad we sort of graciously grant the other some time (not too much )on the other computer as to avoid severe withdrawal symptoms.

It is good to see you are up and running again and that you already have the two games for the next group play. In case you've missed it, we have our own hang out thread now, where we can discuss games, whatever else comes to mind AND plan our next group plays.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/200019.page

@marianne I think there really should be a support group for computer withdrawal symptoms.

@LovetoMissLisa yup, I am playing RtMI too and getting eager to start.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 23, 12 11:16 AM
Thank you, Catfish_Girl for putting the url in your post for the group play forum. I must have I missed your first post regarding that information. I'll check there in the future as well as our present game(s) forum(s) pages for group play information.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 23, 12 11:38 AM
@Dialogue You are very welcome. We are trying to keep the groupplay threads just for the game in progress, so we needed a place to 'hang out' and make future plans.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on Feb 23, 12 6:29 PM
mariannequilts Glad I'm not the only one addicted to my computer. Looking at your name made me think I have all the fabrics here for a quilt for my granddaughter...I could have worked on cutting the thing out. lol

Catfish girl Thanks so much for the link, I'll go check it out. Unfortunately it was the power cord for the router so hubby's puter didn't work either. AND I couldn't even go to the library as it was closed Sunday and Monday too. I imagine I could have shopped the sale with their computer.

LovetoMissLisa Yes before my breakdown (err. the computer's breakdown) I used a couple of punch card codes and got RTMI Dracula Origin and am looking forward to starting RTMI. I saw that Hotel had been a DD before so I was waiting till the last minute to buy just in case it was again. Now Hotel is on my "to get sometime" list. That girl is so skinny I don't want to pay full price for it.

This is such a great group and I'm happy to be a part of it.

Edited on 02/23/2012 at 6:30:53 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Feb 24, 12 9:09 AM
PurrrThang

"That girl is so skinny I don't want to pay full price for it." ? That is the funniest thing I've heard this week. Would you pay more if she had a lot of meat on her bones?

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 24, 12 10:28 PM
Hey everyone I finished the game! YAY!!

I did enjoy playing this game and would recommend it to anyone, especially those new to the genre. I did however struggle to finish it this time round. I think it's a combination of remembering a lot of it with only playing it a couple of months ago combined with seemingly being the only one still actively playing!!

PurrrThang wrote:That girl is so skinny I don't want to pay full price for it.

ROFL you did make me laugh with that comment PurrrThang!!

Count me in as another that would be lost if I had no PC/internet!! In fact I have enough PCs here that at least the PC part will never be a problem!!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 25, 12 2:36 AM
Yay for finishing Popla!

It seems somewhere along the line Cherb and AMJ went missing.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 25, 12 6:10 AM
Thanks CfG!

I have had a look around as I haven't seen cherb posting anywhere and she doesn't appear to have posted anywhere since the 20th Feb. Just read her last couple of posts and it sounds like RL has been keeping her busy. Hope everything is alright with her.
Not too sure about amj, I have seen her posting around the pond.

Edited on 02/25/2012 at 6:13:37 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Feb 26, 12 1:22 AM
Thanks for missing me

Got sick but managed to finish Hotel last night (first time I actually felt like switching the computer on since last Monday), hope to be fully recovered for RTMI next weekend.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Feb 26, 12 3:12 AM
Aaawww, sorry you were sick, Cherb. Glad to hear you are recovering tough, we wouldn't want to miss your funny remarks with RtMI

And yay for finishing Hotel, good work!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Feb 26, 12 5:17 AM
cherb, So sorry you were sick, but you were certainly missed.
CFG, I'm hoping your neck is better and showing signs of healing. Everyone needs to be ready for the Big Game Day...Mar 3rd !!

PurrThang, Glad to meet another quilter. Altho, that is also an addiction.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Feb 26, 12 4:28 PM
Hi cherb, sorry you have been sick and I hope that you are feeling much better soon, and.....

ppppp Congrats on finishing Hotel!!

[Post New]by carolynsartain on Jan 9, 14 10:11 AM
HELP!!! I have the flashlight and both the eyes and I still cant go through the passage behind the statue....I looked at the walkthrough and don't believe I missed anything other than giving that detective that fax...help me!

Go to: