Group play for Syberia II.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:Group play for Syberia II has started, we welcome more new players!

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 14, 12 12:25 PM
Thanks, djrum, I think I'll join you in that cup of coffee. I'd better go back to my hut now. I feel so tired. That cup of coffee just might pep me up.

Thank you, popla. I am enjoying the game very much. I will keep in mind that community is what group play is all about.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 14, 12 12:38 PM
I have read that Syberia III was supposed to be a PC and console game combined.
Now that was an April Fool.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 14, 12 2:21 PM
Just made a fresh pot of coffee .... It's very cold here (at least by my standards - just about freezing 31 F). For anyone who wants some , I've left it in the room where Kate woke up.

I'm still in the Youkol village, though I've made some progress. I got Oscar to put on mask and Youkols attached cable but it's still loose. They (the Youkols) seem to think they are done and everything's a go.

Walked around the village looking for objects I missed, finding nothing new. Filled up *flask again, tried pouring on stiff winch (if that's what its called - the big thing that looks like it should roll up the cable but one handle is stuck)* but no go. Suggestions, anyone? Thank you.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 14, 12 2:44 PM
@ Bellsprout - ** You say one handle is stuck, what about the other handle?? **

Regarding another LFA group play, what about some kind of poll to see what everyone thinks about a set of games that are mentioned?? Dunno if it would work, but we might get an idea of what game(s) are the popular choice.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 14, 12 2:46 PM
I have another suggestion, if it's available - Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. The ending should be a real surprise.

ETA Sadly you can't buy this new as it's been discontinued as a download (except from your purchase history).

Edited on 01/14/2012 at 2:49:19 PM PST

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 14, 12 2:50 PM
Oh I have that game too Mr_Russ (got all three on a disc) all unplayed of course!!! I have soo many unplayed games, seems I need these group plays to get through them all

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 14, 12 3:49 PM
popla27 wrote:@ Bellsprout - ** You say one handle is stuck, what about the other handle?? **

**Thanks for suggestions. Other handle works, ie spins the huge spindle thingie, but it doesn't pull up the cable **

Regarding another LFA group play, what about some kind of poll to see what everyone thinks about a set of games that are mentioned?? Dunno if it would work, but we might get an idea of what game(s) are the popular choice.

A poll sounds like a good idea. I would prefer games available from BFG, myself.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 14, 12 4:50 PM
@Bellsprout - **Is the cable attached to the train loose and laying on the ground? If it is, you need to tighten it first.** I've tried to be vagueish, if you need another hint, let me know.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Jan 14, 12 4:51 PM
popla27 wrote: I have soo many unplayed games, seems I need these group plays to get through them all

I said that, too popla! I just did a count I have a total of 80 real adventure large file games, 25 from BFG, 55 either on disc or from somewhere else. Of those, I have finished a total of 8. Just think, ¼ of those finished were these two Syberia games. I think I better get a move on

As for the next game, whatever it is, I probably have it

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 14, 12 4:58 PM
Hooray! I finally made it out of the Youkol village but alas, now I'm stuck on an iceberg with all these penguins looking at me as if I can't drive very well. I guess I better find a way to get my big boat out of their living room.

I'll have to take a break though. For someone who is directionally challenged it would have been very tiring if not for the coffee in my guest room. Youkol coffee sure packs a punch.

As for Oscar's sacrifice...I now have two friends in one.

I wonder if Anna had all the instructions written out for her. After all, the train was built for her. With Hans' attention to detail, I'm sure he wouldn't have left all this for Anna to figure out on her own. I'm just saying.

It's such a gorgeous game.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Jan 14, 12 5:02 PM
jboliver1999 wrote:
popla27 wrote: I have soo many unplayed games, seems I need these group plays to get through them all

I said that, too popla! I just did a count I have a total of 80 real adventure large file games, 25 from BFG, 55 either on disc or from somewhere else. Of those, I have finished a total of 8. Just think, ¼ of those finished were these two Syberia games. I think I better get a move on

As for the next game, whatever it is, I probably have it

LMAO , didn't know BF had that many LFAs in it's catalogue
Thought I would do a quick count and I currently have 37 unplayed LFAs! Wouldn't like to count how many HOG games I haven't played yet!

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 14, 12 6:35 PM
Thanks, popla, that did the trick. And got me to the very part of the game. Have moved forward to penguin island -- not really an improvement IMO, as I'm stranded here it seems. Must go do some RL things for a bit. Maybe will play a little more later.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 14, 12 7:44 PM
Finished the dream scene, not sure what to do next. Kate and I are both worn out from all the running around and think it is time for a nap. Will be back tomorrow for another session.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 15, 12 4:37 AM
Wow, being in another timezone sometimes sucks, I am missing all the activity here.

@Dialogue LMAO with the angry penguins and your poor driving (sailing) skills. I must say I have never seen such an angry bunch of penguins. Coffee helps a lot when feeling grumpy and being stuck, I am so glad Djrum left us some in the youkal village. Good luck with leaving the penguins, you are making great progress!

@Bellsprout I know what you mean about the sad part in the game I read your post this morning and wanted to help you out, but saw you got some pointers from popla already. Good luck with attending to RL issues, they shouldn't interfere with our gameplay, but sadly they do.

@glamma Great! You've managed to get past the clock part, that was so illogical that it had me stuck for quite some time. have you got the train inside already? If you need pointers, please let us know. I can understand you are worn out, the Youkal village really involves ALOT of back and forth and some sensible sneakers.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Jan 15, 12 4:45 AM
Doing a poll of some sorts as to decide which LF game we choose next, sounds good to me.

Still trying to figure out though how to play Kheops games with my Nvidea card. Windowing it and choosing a rather odd resolution of 1152x864 seems to work, but it is not very convenient, since changing screen resolutions messes up my desktop. But if we are to choose Return to Mysterious island, at least it is not impossible to play the game.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 15, 12 9:48 AM
Echo, secret cavern is good one. Mysterious Island also works for me. Have lots of large file games, and several credits to spend.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 15, 12 9:49 AM
Echo, secret cavern is good one. Mysterious Island also works for me. Have lots of large file games, and several credits to spend.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 15, 12 10:20 AM
Good morning, all. Have left the penguins and am now in Syberia. We're having our first snow of the year (probably won't stay on the ground where I am, but it is already sticking in the hills). Going to stay inside and try to finish the game today. Real life be d.....d!

glamma, yes, there's a lot of walking around in the village. Kate and I may have walked a little more than the dev intended, as I got lost a lot.

Dialogue, I quite agree. As aggressive a group of penguins as I've ever heard of. Had I been Kate I would have been asking myself if I had really done the right thing to leave the village where there was food and cozy bedrooms for this ice floe with large birds giving me hostile looks.

CfG, thanks for offer of help. May need it today.

This is such a beautiful game, I'm a little sad to be contemplating finishing. The music is wonderful, and for me contributes a lot to my enjoyment of the game. I want to just post my appreciation of the composer, Inon Zur. He's done a other work for video games, which can be seen on his website.

Happy gaming, all.

glamma
Clownfish
Clownfish
736 Posts

[Post New]by glamma on Jan 15, 12 12:00 PM
Bellsprout, I have also reached Syberia. Have to do some real life things today, but will be back to finish adventure.

Bellsprout
Salmon
Salmon
2,692 Posts

[Post New]by Bellsprout on Jan 15, 12 2:43 PM
Finished!!

Go to: