Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Feb 27, 12 10:35 AM
Caseymom - Yes, I received daily splash also with Spanish info. I think BF has a BIG problem on their hands - alot of unhappy gamers to say the least.

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Feb 27, 12 10:44 AM
Add me too! Just stopped working, so I have sent a "Dr. Felix" to them.

Thought it was my computer, but it is not.

Thanks for all the advice.

hogluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by hogluv on Feb 27, 12 12:14 PM
Anybody get a real answer from BF about this problem? Hope they haven't run and hid on us. They should open a thread with a solution or tell us they are working on it.

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Feb 27, 12 12:51 PM
Does this just happen on win 7 or win xp to.

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Feb 27, 12 1:56 PM
I've been with Big Fish since 2005 and if there is one thing I've learned in that time it's that Big Fish Games does not run and hide from their technical problems.
Could be they're not posting about the problem constantly because they're too busy working to fix it.
Give them a chance please.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 27, 12 2:10 PM
I have uninstalled and re installed- re started game and re booted machine and still no joy. The same error message and dump files on desk to each time. So now what do I do as I have paid for it.

Hope you can help me.

Linda

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Feb 27, 12 2:12 PM
Hogluv: Yes I received a reply, actually I was on "Live Chat" with them. They are aware of this problem and are working diligently on solving this problem. A lot of people have sent in the Dr. Felix Diognostic Report which helps them isolate the problem.

They told me to keep checking back on the forums for a "fix" and hopefully it will be soon, as this is "NOT" an isolated problem, a lot of users are having this issue.

I've been with them for a number of years, can only say this may be the 3rd. game I have had problems with, and I am sure a solution will become available, if not, they are ready to refund my money. I told them ... no, I will wait for the problem to be fixed. If it isn't, then yes, I would have them refund my money.

I've got the faith in BFG ... they've never failed me!

Judy

[Post New]by ghostguide2002 on Feb 27, 12 2:15 PM
After talking with live chat today, I'm hoping everyone having this issue will send in the "Dr. Felix Diognostic Report."

This helps them isolate the problem, so please, anyone who hasn't done this, needs to do this, either via e-mail or Live Chat. With live chat you can instantly send it over to them.

Judy

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 27, 12 2:23 PM
Ghostguide, I chatted and left Dr. Felix with them. They said the same to me...PLEASE send Dr. Felix's so they can fix this faster.
kris

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Feb 27, 12 2:57 PM
Hapless wrote:I have uninstalled and re installed- re started game and re booted machine and still no joy. The same error message and dump files on desk to each time. So now what do I do as I have paid for it.

Hope you can help me.

Linda

I too have the same issue as everyone else but wanted to respond to you Linda - you can go to customer support / live chat and explain you are having problems and want your money or 'coupon' back...they will do so with no problem. I have had several games ( three or four over last 3 years) that after waiting and not getting a fix in what I considered a timely maner- they had no problem refunding to me. Then in the future if the fix comes out and you want to repurchase the game you can do so then. Hope this helps. I will wait til the end of the week as I was really enjoying this game - and had actually closed out & went back in 3 or 4 times with no problems until today. I played and for the 1st time in the game got totally stuck..closed out to check for a walkthru and when I went back to play... couldnt get past the 'play' screen nor could I get out of the game - I too had to use task manager to close down & also got the odd desk top files...which to be on safe side I sent to quarentine. Keeping our fingers crossed as this was a great game to play especially for an se...now Im totally bummed...

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Feb 27, 12 3:13 PM
I had the same problem as everyone else. Had to shut down computer the hard way. when restarting the game it took me back to where I was yesterday and not where I was today. am not going to play that game again until fixed. Love the game. Please fix. thank you

[Post New]by Sunshine2104 on Feb 27, 12 3:20 PM
I also have to start at the beginning every time. It is not saving our progress. At this rate I will never get to finish the game and I know the beginning by memory. Is there a fix for this yet? I don't have time to finish the entire game at one sitting. Your assistance with this problem woull be grreatly appreciated. Thank you!

sandy01
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sandy01 on Feb 27, 12 4:10 PM
I was almost through with the game and it just stopped. I went back to start it again and it started me at the beginning of the game. I don't see any posts of maybe getting a fix to this bug.

M2Gooner
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by M2Gooner on Feb 27, 12 4:11 PM
Received an error message after being booted out of the game when I was almost to the end. When I opened it again it took me back to the beginning instead of where I left off. Grrrr.. I really don't want to play again from the beginning. Maybe it needs a patch or something. Oh mighty Pooh-Bahs at BFG, please hear our pleas!!!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 27, 12 5:24 PM
Same issue here as everyone else. My stopped at the organ minigame. Half way through it I entered notes and it froze. Had to do a hard shut down. Open up GM press play and it started me all over again.
I sent a Felix DX report and got an email back an hour later from Eric Apologies and do I want my money back or wait for fix. Developers are on it according to Eric. I will wait for fix as the game is really good and long for a regular game. Much longer than most CEs I've purchased. But now, nothing to play till March since I don't wanna start a new card this late in the month bottom lip sticking out like a pouty face. Come on March!

[Post New]by scfishieinkt on Feb 27, 12 5:41 PM
I downloaded the trial and at one point it froze and I got two dump icons, so I uninstalled the game. I have never had this problen with any other games from Big Fish. I really liked the game, so please fix the problen so I can buy it.

[Post New]by CBear03 on Feb 27, 12 5:49 PM
I purchased the game and have had the same issues as everyone else,however I was able to find a way to play the game w/out having to start over. I have been playing it from the program files by right clicking on the game icon and then opening the files .Go down the list to the purple flower icon right click again,run as administrator and play. Make sure to begin as a new player. I bypassed the game manager ( did this whenever I wanted to play) but this way I was able to start where I left off and I finished the game. I still cannot play the bonus. It's a great game I wish BFG would do something to fix this. I hope this helps someone.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 6:00:41 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 27, 12 6:51 PM
I have been playing the game for several hours, and had installed the first neutralizer, went back to get the knife, and the game just closed out without any warning and I was looking at my desktop...so I restarted the game and it was right back where I had started it earlier today. Quite near the beginning, maybe 20 minutes from the beginning of the game. Have no desire to replay only to be robbed of the ending again. I have contacted CS for a refund credit.

eta...I didn't think we had to wait until the first of the month since they changed the way punch card credits work. It doesn't go month to month anymore, so any that you have left over should still count when you buy your next game. I just filled a another one with the CE on Sat, and if they come out with a good hog before the the first, I will go ahead and start another card.

Edited on 02/27/2012 at 6:54:50 PM PST

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Feb 27, 12 8:52 PM
Me, too; got the stone music tablet, the game shut down, no progress saved. Forehead, meet keyboard.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Feb 27, 12 9:28 PM
Same as a lot of others.Almost to the end getting the lily pads,game shut down.When I went back,it started from the very beginning.Very disappointing!!

Go to: