sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 7, 12 6:55 AM
Just got to Alkakor which I think is day 8. It is awfully quiet here is there anyone still playing. Belladonna, CfG, Twin_Mom & popla are you still around or have you already finished?

That Bonnett is one tough cookie losing her ATM card in a strange country doesn't even faze her.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Art of Murder: FBI Confidential group play starting 1st September. All welcome to join

[Post New]by popla27 on Sep 7, 12 9:49 AM
Congrats to all finishers!!

Sorry I haven't been around much since the group play started, I have been snowed under with work and college and other RL too so I haven't had time to check in here very often. I also haven't had chance to play much of this game and I don't think I am going to be able to before everyone has finished and has moved onto at least the next game, if not finish that one too!

I will keep checking in and updating the list when it is required but other than that, I am sadly withdrawing from this group play. I'm really hoping to be able to finish this game at some point in the near future (along with Gray Matter, The Whispered World and Rhiannon! )

Hope those that are still playing are enjoying the game have fun everyone and catch you all again soon.

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 9:49:53 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 7, 12 11:14 AM
popla That's a shame. Hope work eases a bit so you can have some fun and play all those games!

sunshine - It's so quiet here! You're getting through it nicely.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 7, 12 1:55 PM
I am still playing, very slooooowly, cause not particulary liking this game But I AM going to finish it, cause Mr_Russ promised the next will be better!

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 8, 12 2:23 PM
Played some more today and have now made it to Peru Aannnnndddd I changed my clothes! YAY for change of clothes!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 8, 12 3:39 PM
sunshine...I have to agree with you re Nicole being one tough cookie. *** She wanders around in strange and weird places ...alone ! ***

popla...I feel badly that you can't finish these games what with work, college and RL. BUT, just think of the wonderful reward you will have when you get that degree. Quite an achievement and not easy to accomplish with RL and work getting in the way; and then trying to keep up with the threads.

CfG...Had to laugh re the change of clothes as I had the same reaction. I know you have been going thru one of your 'not feeling so great' times. I'm hoping that ends soon for you.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 9, 12 6:19 AM
@marianne i am doing sort of okay now, so hoping I've been through the worst for now

I've made till day 8 now YAY!

But sometimes this is a reall stupid game i mean what about that ** amphora puzzle, to escape a murderscene? Just plain stupid, if you ask me. not even worth trying to solve that one, i used a WT
I mean, did anyone go to the endless trial and error and solve it without a WT? If so, you deserve a lot of credits and a medal! I didn't even bother to try.
Ohhh and then there was this **car accident at the beginning of day 8 or end of 7? Can you believe Nicole's response? I would check for injuries of myself, check the car to see if it could be fixed, check my cell and see if I could phone for help etc. Oh no, Nicole walks over to the gate and says:"it is so beautiful out here, I am so glad I came....." Hellooooo, did she even notice she was in a car accident!? I seriously think we need to tell her!
That sort of things make me seriously dislike a game (being polite here )
The next one better be better!

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 6:20:06 AM PST

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 9, 12 6:35 AM
Hi CFG

Yes I noticed that & thought it strange I got even more confused when I moved on & then had to go back and found **another abandoned jeep - just asumed it was Nicole's & couldn't understand why she was finding things from the expedition. it finally clicked that it wasn't her jeep*

I did actually finish the game this weekend, I did enjoy it but did find some of it strange. But it was a good grounding for the next one.

i know I haven't been posting here much owing to other pressures & playing at different times but I have been reading the posts & managed to find all the answers I needed.

So thanks to everyone and will see you all for the next one.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 9, 12 6:38 AM
Popla - sorry you are not able to continue but sometimes RL does have to come first. Good luck with your studies - they are the priority right now.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 9, 12 6:40 AM
sunshinej wrote:Just got to Alkakor which I think is day 8. It is awfully quiet here is there anyone still playing. Belladonna, CfG, Twin_Mom & popla are you still around or have you already finished?

That Bonnett is one tough cookie losing her ATM card in a strange country doesn't even faze her.

I am here at the moment although I have now finished the game. I did find that the later days seemed to be easier, don't know how much was getting used to the game but I managed then mich more quickly.

If you need help & no-one's here you can PM me & I'll try to be of assistance.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Sep 9, 12 6:43 AM
Well, CfG...This wasn't one of my favorite games, either. Sometimes I wonder if it might have something to do with the order in which we play these games. I mean it was hard to follow-up with a good game after playing Pandora Directive, altho we did follow with some good games, but now this one ? Maybe if we had played this first ?

I certainly did ramble along with this and now that I think about it, it's still not a fav. But Mr_Russ says the Puppeteer is better and he liked it, and he would certainly know.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 9, 12 8:02 AM
congratulations belladonna on finishing

CFG - Yes you are now at the bit which IMO was better than earlier gameplay. sunshine and you are both near the end.

I think it seems most players, it wasn't their favourite but that it got a bit better towards the end? (apart from the illogical bits!) Hopefully the next one is better (which seems to be the case) and now I know type of gameplay and her character hopefully will get into that game better than this one.

CFG - I did do that puzzle without the WT, thanks to help as to heads up what the goal was. But it was so infurating as it allowed you to use some things in the wrong order but not others so I was convinced I had some in the right order when I didn't.

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 8:06:03 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 9, 12 8:49 AM
gingergal...Could you please give me a heads up on that puzzle. I been working on it for the last 2 days in 20 minute spurts at a time. It looks simple but I can't figure out what the end result should be. Those diagrams don't make sense to me.

Cfg...Like I said in an earlier post that Bonnet is one tough cookie. Now even a car accident doesn't even faze her. Like you said she just comments on how beautiful it is there!?

Congratulations Belladonna on finishing

I too thought that 2nd jeep was the one she had her accident in.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 9, 12 10:23 AM
sunshine, ** I didn't take a screenshot or do any notes but there are about 4 you don't use - the smallest ones. I think the logic of it is to use the big ones at the bottom and go slightly smaller. You don't go to the very top of the wall stacking them, that took me ages to figure out. And the move arrow to go over the roof is at the very top of the roof, nearly the sky, beside the pots So keep looking for that change in icon to climb over that wall after you stack them as it's that that told me I got the pots right! I was thinking it would be the pots but you would just dismantle them if you keep clicking on it. Also she is picky how she picks up those stupid pots! Maybe there will be a screenshot if you search for it in another walkthrough?
Or someone who can explain it better or know what pots to use where.

sorry if that's not much use!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 9, 12 10:38 AM
Whoops, sorry gingergal I see now you were talking about the vase puzzle and I thought you were talking about the puzzle in Alkakor. The one inside the hole in the wall. I'm finding these puzzle unneccessary difficult. The chair hopping was so tedious I looked at a walkthrough, same as the vases used as steps one, and now this one.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Sep 9, 12 10:46 AM
I finished, what a relief!

@sunshinej
About the puzzle:
** If you look at the top stones on the pyramids, you see that every part of puzzle has a different color. You then only have to match the colrs with the shapes ** Hope this explanation makes a little bit of sense

Edited on 09/09/2012 at 11:46:06 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 9, 12 11:01 AM
catfish girl congratulations!

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 9, 12 12:43 PM
Yay! You did it CfG, Congrats

Thanks for your help CfG & gingergal on that puzzle. I totally missed looking at the top of the pyramids. No wonder it didn't make sense. Even after that it still took some time until I figured it out. The rest of Alkakor was a breeze and now I'm in New York. Taking a break until later.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Sep 9, 12 4:00 PM
Thanks to all of you who said congratulations and

Congratulations to all of you who finished

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 9, 12 4:42 PM
Congratulations Belladonna and CFG finishing the game

Go to: