Re:Serpent of Isis - BF, don't hide your "Aces"!

[Post New]by BonnieBlue102 on Mar 2, 09 8:17 PM
I was on Chapter 6........ran out of time...........repeated and before, I got to the clock tower.......now it says I must find everything before I do it.......I DID find everything, solved all puzzles but it won't let me back in. What's the problem????? Help........please

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 2, 09 8:21 PM
BonnieBlue102 wrote:I was on Chapter 6........ran out of time...........repeated and before, I got to the clock tower.......now it says I must find everything before I do it.......I DID find everything, solved all puzzles but it won't let me back in. What's the problem????? Help........please

Do you have 4 gold statues in your inventory? If not, you haven't found all the statues and you can't play the mini game in the clock tower. DON'T skip that game -- it causes a glitch.

What else do you have in your inventory right now?

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Mar 4, 09 12:20 AM
jmsjws wrote:Has anyone else had the problem of too many items in inventory. They doubled up and I can't get the coin to make phone call for other gem because it's on top of the suspects.

I am having that *exact* problem and was searching here for help with it. I am stuck and can't get any farther. I also get a weird buzzing noise on the top three items in the inventory and when I click on one I end up with something that's underneath it.

frunny
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by frunny on Mar 4, 09 4:53 AM
We are working on a fix for that. A little workaround is to start a new player and DON'T skip the Scale Lock Puzzle in Prague. That way your inventory is ok later in the game.

[Post New]by ccteach58 on Mar 6, 09 3:35 PM
lordkalvan wrote:And if you still have the two paperweights in your inventory, I think those need to be used in the magician's wagon as well (on the table) to get a statue.

The Walk Through says that's how you open the table, but I"ve tried and tried, and it keeps telling me I can't use my paperweights there. I'm getting frustrated. Other than that, I Love the game so far.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 6, 09 3:47 PM
You have to put the correct color weight in place. The red goes on the right, the purple on the left.

If that still doesn't work, you may need to complete more of that level, especially the two pyramid mini puzzles that will help you open the chest at the foot of the statue in the museum.

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 6, 09 3:52 PM
The Walk Through says that's how you open the table, but I"ve tried and tried, and it keeps telling me I can't use my paperweights there. I'm getting frustrated. Other than that, I Love the game so far.

Did you place the paper weights onto the circles? Also when you place an item from your inventory, the object will appear under your cursor but just having a part of the object touching the hotspot (the area you want to drag the object onto) won't work. The tip of the cursor is still the part you want to touch the hot spots with.

lindataf
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by lindataf on Mar 7, 09 5:05 AM
Thank you, y'all for clearing up whether or not I would like the new Woman's Mystery Club. I found the first one too easy, so if the second is even more so, I'll save my credits (if/when BFG adds it to our pond)...thx y'all!!

[Post New]by jayheap on Mar 16, 09 10:53 AM
I am having the same issue. Came here to see if I could find the answer.

Suzetta143 wrote:I am really enjoying this game but for some reason it won't let me enter the Clock Tower - I have already completed all the other locations within that level but when I try to enter the last (Clock Tower) it tells me that I need to search the other sights first. Anyone having this problem with this level?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 16, 09 12:46 PM
jayheap wrote:I am having the same issue. Came here to see if I could find the answer.

Suzetta143 wrote:I am really enjoying this game but for some reason it won't let me enter the Clock Tower - I have already completed all the other locations within that level but when I try to enter the last (Clock Tower) it tells me that I need to search the other sights first. Anyone having this problem with this level?

The answer was a couple of posts above yours:

frunny wrote:We are working on a fix for that. A little workaround is to start a new player and DON'T skip the Scale Lock Puzzle in Prague. That way your inventory is ok later in the game.

[Post New]by artheacollins on Mar 21, 09 5:29 PM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS A CAIRO???? WHERE IS IT IN THE KITCHEN CART???? HELP

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 21, 09 5:50 PM
If I remember correctly, it's the word CAIRO on the hood above the stove.

[Post New]by artheacollins on Mar 24, 09 4:24 PM
BinLA wrote:If I remember correctly, it's the word CAIRO on the hood above the stove.

Thanks BinLA. Now I am stuck in the Clock room and cannot find 1 letter. Is this an actual letter of just the letter?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 24, 09 5:18 PM
They're all letters of the alphabet. The hardest one to find is below the clock that's hanging between the two windows up the short flight of stairs. It's a white F on it's side.

If that's not the one you're having problems with, the walkthrough highlights the location of all the letters:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/serpent-of-isis-game-walkthrough/

[Post New]by artheacollins on Mar 24, 09 9:54 PM
BinLA wrote:They're all letters of the alphabet. The hardest one to find is below the clock that's hanging between the two windows up the short flight of stairs. It's a white F on it's side.

If that's not the one you're having problems with, the walkthrough highlights the location of all the letters:

Thanks again BinLA, you're a lifesaver. You can probably tell I am new at this kind of game.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 24, 09 10:17 PM
You're welcome. We're all new at this kind of game to begin with.

[Post New]by artheacollins on Mar 25, 09 6:17 PM
WELL I AM STUCK AGAIN AND I WAS DOING SO GOOD. CANNOT FIND THE FLY IN THE TAXI OR THE 5 BOLTS AND HOT WATER BAG IN THE MAGICIAN SCREEN AND THE BROOCH IN THE MAGICIAN'S WAGON. SORRY TO BE SUCH A PEST BUT YOU SEEM TO BE IN THE KNOW. I HAVE CHECKED THE WALK THROUGH AT LENGTH WITH NO LUCK.. THANKS IN ADVANCE...

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 25, 09 6:45 PM
Fly - I don't know

Bolts outside of magician's wagon - These are all outlined on the walkthrough

Brooch - I believe this is on the table on the bottom front of the screen; it has a red center

Water bag - I don't know

Are you collecting the extra hint items as you're going along to help you when you get stuck? That's the only way I got through the game the first time. Look on your suspect list see what items are associated with each suspect. Each time you find one of those items, you get another hint.

[Post New]by artheacollins on Mar 25, 09 10:36 PM
THANKS, I FOUND THE BROOCH AND I SWEAR THAT I HAVE TOUCHED EVERY INCH OF THE MAGICIANS WAGON AND STILL CANNOT LOCATE THE BOLTS. I THOUGHT THEY WERE BETWEEN THE LIGHTS BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. I AM USING THE GAMEZEBO WALK THROUGH AND THE BOLTS ARE NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN IT. I'VE TRIED GETTING TO THE BIGFISHGAMESWALKTHROUGH WITH NO LUCK. I'M JUST STUMBLING ALONG WITH THE POSTS AND MAKING THEM WORK FOR ME BUT IT'S A REAL CHORE JUST GETTING TO THEM. I AM A COMPUTER ILLITERATE. THERE MAY BE NO HOPE...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 25, 09 10:56 PM
artheacollins wrote:THANKS, I FOUND THE BROOCH AND I SWEAR THAT I HAVE TOUCHED EVERY INCH OF THE MAGICIANS WAGON AND STILL CANNOT LOCATE THE BOLTS. I THOUGHT THEY WERE BETWEEN THE LIGHTS BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER. I AM USING THE GAMEZEBO WALK THROUGH AND THE BOLTS ARE NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN IT. I'VE TRIED GETTING TO THE BIGFISHGAMESWALKTHROUGH WITH NO LUCK. I'M JUST STUMBLING ALONG WITH THE POSTS AND MAKING THEM WORK FOR ME BUT IT'S A REAL CHORE JUST GETTING TO THEM. I AM A COMPUTER ILLITERATE. THERE MAY BE NO HOPE...

Hi Arethacollins- welcome to the forums!

The Big Fish walkthrough is here:

Hope it helps!

PrplDva

Go to: