Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 14, 13 8:07 PM
@mamahawk - I and many of my friends are having the same problem. Submitted a ticket to BF and they are aware of the problem, and are working on correcting it. It is a problem at their end. No time line when this will be done, all we can do is wait.

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jul 14, 13 8:58 PM
I have received an e-mail from the mobile team. They are working on the issue that we are having regarding the game not loading (which is good to know) I am going to try to delete my game and re-install.....yes, it scares me that I may lose everything. I'm told that if I have logged in through Facebook then I should be fine.
I'm curious if its because I play on both my phone and iPad. Elinu made a great point and now I'm curious if the others that are having issues loading the game play on different devices.
Thanks BFG for having an excellent customer service team that actually cares about us.

Turicella
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Turicella on Jul 14, 13 11:12 PM
I am happy that I always get into the game. But most of the time
it is "loading" a few minutes. So it needs a lot of patience.
I play it on iPad mini, did not load it to my iPhone, I don't play there because the screen is too small.
But I have another issue: can't scroll down my neighbor's list. I know that
other players have the same. I got a gift from a neighbor at the end of my list and
could not send back.
Will this "scrolling-issue" be fixed?

WinoPoet
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by WinoPoet on Jul 15, 13 9:32 AM
I'm loving this game! One problem that persists: I can't scroll to the bottom of my neighbor list. I don't even know how many of them I can't see but once it gets to a point, after I pull it up it bounces back down. Anyone else having this issue? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything. I want to visit and trade gifts with ALL my neighbors, please...

Thanks in advance,

Wino

[Post New]by mommahawk on Jul 15, 13 10:05 AM
@ snoopy_1 & shamrockpog thanks for the reply and info. Unfortunately I did not go to my Facebook acct at all while playing so I'm certain my game is not there
I wanted to also chime in that yes I did also have the issue of neighbors that others are pointing out.. Not able to get to the bottom of list. So waiting I will continue to do.. Patience is not a virtue I was blessed with! ~.~ lol.

[Post New]by Mstarwinkle on Jul 15, 13 10:43 AM
Elinu wrote:This techincal issue crosses devices and platforms, so sorry I can't be more specific. Although I am working with tech support on this particular issue, I was curious if anyone else has the same problem.

It appears I have at least three different darkManor ID numbers associated with my Game Center account, Elinu. The first of these - for which I don't know the ID but want to abandon (1313 ghost palace, or maybe haunted palace) appears associated with Facebook, but is currently not accessible. The second is associated with my best game, which had a decent record on the leader boards until last week, and has ID 221642 (777 Deja Vu), which I would like to return to, but is wlso inaccessible. The third, and likely a whole series, started in an attempt to link with whatever might be stored on Facebook (if that is even how it works), was assigned 259786. And I can only get to that as a one-time shot, because as soon as I stop playing, I have to delete and reload the app, and then it takes me through the tutorial sequence again. As I write this, I decided to try again, and went through the whole tutorial, and got new ID, 266398. Depending on when in the sequence these numbers are assigned, it is entirely possible I have dozens of games out there, and no wonder it won't let me load anything and play.
(Ps - I have now memorized the tutorial, and it is interesting that neithe the object lists nor the spins are random, the first time through, at least ...).

Anyway, my for the tech gods are
1) how and when are the darkManor ID numbers assigned?
2) where is the game data stored? ( on your server, on my iPad or iPhone, on the Game Center server (wherever that may be), in the cloud somewhere, in a datastream linked to Facebook and stored there, somewhere else?)
3) how is it possible I have so many IDs, and could the confusion of the multiple games be why I keep crashing at start up?
4) Is there a mechanism where you or I can see all the IDs that I have, and delete the unwanted ones?
5) could this glitch with multiple IDs be one of the reasons so many of us are crashing after pressing "enter" at the gate screen?

Please let me/us know

I'm still waiting to be contacted about my issues,once in awhile if I retry to access through Facebook I can see my original game, then BOOM, it's gone and I can't access my game anywhere. I submitted a claim to the technical staff but so far haven't gotten any more contact than the original, thank you email.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 15, 13 10:56 AM
Is there a glitch with energy stats updating ?

It looks to me like I get no credit initially for elapsed time, only for what I make from the Tesla machine or from Gifts from neighbours.

Then when I get enough to play a H0S (so >15), I try to start one up, game says it's loading, but I get kicked straight back to my mansion. At this point I find I have been credited with the missing time lapse energy points.

Then I can go and play my H0S using all the energy points newly accounted (as many scenes as I have points for).

What this means is I cannot attempt any tasks, however much time has passed (even all night) until I have a minimum of 15 energy from other sources, because without that I am not permitted to attempt a H0S at all - stalling first at the message "you do not have enough energy, buy energy" ...

What is the rate at which energy is supposed to be replenished, and must you be active in game for this to happen, or does it work similarly to earnings from artefacts?

ETA iPad2 running 6.1.3

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 11:01:21 AM PST

Turicella
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Turicella on Jul 15, 13 12:03 PM
@WinoPoet: I wrote just before you about this scrolling problem, I
can't visit about six neighbors. Hope they will fix this soon!
You are one of these neighbors I see, but the screen does not allow me
to send you a gift or to visit your mansion. Too bad!

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 15, 13 1:28 PM
Not sure on how progress is going at fixing the issue of the game not loading. It has been going on three weeks since I've been able to play. So for those of you able to get in count your lucky stars.

Lyn3182
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Lyn3182 on Jul 15, 13 1:40 PM
I have been playing for about two weeks. I've spent a bit of money and invested a fair bit of time in progress. All of a sudden the game booted me out. I've followed all the instructions for frozen games on the ipad link, and still, each time I open the game, I get past the big fish and Dark Manor logos to the main screen with the word "enter". Tw little game centre popup pears at the top (which says "welcome back lyn3182") but then as soon as I click on the enter sign, I get booted back out to my desktop. Frustrating. I've tried rebooting the ipad, closing out all the multitasking items, plugging in, charging the battery. But nothing works. This happened Immediately after I bought the 49.99 gold package and completed the first of the premium scenes. I rally don't want to lose my progress and all the money I have spent, but I don't know what else to do!

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 15, 13 4:01 PM
I have to say that the BFG staff have been very responsive and helpful, and they did give me a refund for the money I spent upgrading my first game when I started over. I'm hoping maybe the multiple game ID issue may be at the center of the problem with the game crashing at the enter screen. It certainly seems logical that, if my Game Center ID has five or six dark manor IDs associated with it, then after 'welcome back, Elinu' the game would be sent into a schizophrenic frenzy.

Maybe I can submit that as a new coding on DSM 10 - multiple gaming personality disorder ....

ProfeSarah
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by ProfeSarah on Jul 15, 13 4:13 PM
Has anyone that's been locked out managed to get back in? I've been locked out since yesterday afternoon and haven't managed to get back in yet. I did send a message to mobile support and I'm pretty sure the solution is going to be uninstalling and reinstalling which means my game will be lost because I didn't link to Facebook. I'm just wondering if I should just do it and restart or if there's been any solution that works.

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jul 15, 13 4:45 PM
I finally uninstalled my game and reinstalled. The game was linked to Facebook so it "should" have been fine....except it wasn't. I lost all of the gold I had purchased and the progress I had made on Thursday. I sent an e-mail to the mobile team. Went back to game and was kicked out of game. When I tried to enter, I was kicked out. Same problems. Mobile team has been sent an e-mail with this information. Frustrated but still hopeful.....

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 15, 13 5:01 PM
I am having a hard time getting on the game. I usually play most of my days off. I spend about 8-9 hours a day playing. Now I keep getting booted out. When I hit enter it flashes back to my home screen on my IPad. Do I need to submit a ticket? When will this be fixed? I hate not being able to play. This is terrible.

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 15, 13 5:08 PM
Oh also due to previous problems that could not be fixed, I unlinked from Facebook and started over. So uninstalling is not an option. I do not want to lose any progress I have made for the second time. The first was from the one linked to Facebook that got stuck on a mission and they never fixed it. I did submit a ticket for that one. But they still could not get it to move forward. So now I started over and all was good until about 3 days ago it started to not allow me to get to the bottom of my friends list. But today it boots me out. Please help without me having to uninstall. I have come a long way.

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 15, 13 6:27 PM
Gamingmama...I'm in the same boat. This is my second game, spent money on gold, did not link this to Facebook, as my first game is linked with that and they haven't fixed that game yet! Submitted a ticket to BF, but I doubt they'll be able to help. I cant believe how many times my poor iPad4 has been restarted in the past month for this game. Pages of errors in Diagnostics & Usage for DM alone.

We all just want to play this game! help us PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 15, 13 6:37 PM
Tysonsnanni wrote:Gamingmama...I'm in the same boat. This is my second game, spent money on gold, did not link this to Facebook, as my first game is linked with that and they haven't fixed that game yet! Submitted a ticket to BF, but I doubt they'll be able to help. I cant believe how many times my poor iPad4 has been restarted in the past month for this game. Pages of errors in Diagnostics & Usage for DM alone.

We all just want to play this game! help us PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah they did n to fix mine in Facebook either. They tried but have not done so yet.

I agree! Please fix this so we can play merrily along!!!

Gamingmama
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Gamingmama on Jul 16, 13 8:29 AM
Ok I am still having issues. I am growing anxious. I also addicted to this game! Lol, please let me in! I can not wait much longer. it is killing me!

s7eph40
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by s7eph40 on Jul 16, 13 10:45 AM
I have what appears to be 2 different games going, I am Waltons Mountain on ipad- level 21 just saved up 468,000 silver to buy the greenhouse- when I was booted out 2 days ago and have not been able to get back in- like many others. I'm waiting for a reply from the tech support.

I also somehow got it installed on iphone- but its too small to play. From the start it was a different name. As they were both on game centre- I thought I'd delete it in case that was why I cant play on ipad. I selected it, lost my nerve in case I lost everything- started writing this to ask advice- and when I looked on iphone for my other address- it has gone......! I'm terrified its all gone now, what shall I do?

My stats are still on GC, what does this mean- its the first social game I've played.

Please help- I haven't played through FB.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 16, 13 12:40 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to swim in quickly and let you know that we're still working hard towards completely resolving these issues.

I really appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you're experiencing in your games.Thank you again, so much, for your patience through all of this. We'll let you know as we hear news and updates.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

bfgDeveron

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 1:03:44 PM PST

Go to: