OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Welcome to Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' forum

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 4, 15 10:27 AM
Lil, you are exactly right. Items do show in the cities as part of quests to never appear at that location again. This is a good observation, I will go through my notes on my current game and see if I can't compile a list of those items. Back later to add to this post.

Addendum: Let me first share a tip from Hellsfury, on the hard to get items, which appear only once in the quests as you play through ( I have made green below) only collect the reward after you have collected as many as you would like to own. Once the quest is collected for its reward the collectible will stop dropping. When we get an update this could all change again; the places they are in quests is where they were available before the April '14 update.

Taiwanese Lava Teapot SD Missing from game after the quest

English Rose Teapot MO Quest 117 then avail at Phil's 3. On this particular quest you also get the Victorian Staffordshire Teapot; if it is left open and reward not taken you can continue to get the VST in LA each time you play it.

Evening Gown in MO continues to be there but the drop rate significantly drops to 1:4 in Picky and 1:8 in Silhouette; making it a good stock up item too.

Ben's Justice Q377 asks you to find it in AZ but you have to go to Montana to get it - was removed from AZ several months ago. Also available in Michigan, Bird watching 7 and Bennet's Photography 8.

Seawater Eggs appear during a quest in IL but continue to be available in GA on Silhouette and Picky modes.

Kris Knife aka Rajah's will is in IL in quest but regularly found Bird Watching 1a.

Green Leaves quest is KS but found in AZ and Toy Repair 1b.

Silver Tongue also in KS quest only is but continues in CT.

Cotton Stuffed Cutie in KS but continues at Toy Repair 16.

Profile Picture a quest in WV is actually found in Ohio.

Victorian Staffordshire Teapot Louisiana missing from game after 4/14 update.

European Otter Hungary California also missing after 4/14 update.

Victoria Staffordshire Teapot Louisana missing after 4/14.

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 8:12:17 PM PST

[Post New]by lilangelwolf on Jan 7, 15 11:45 AM
thanks..
have a quick question about logging in... I can no longer log into my BFG client. I have installed and uninstalled til I am blue in the face. It gives me error code 1400. saying: You'll need an internet connection to complete this action. Please make sure you have an active network connection and try again. Error code 1400. I have tried everything. Any suggestions. I have the Dr Felix, but do not even know how to get a hold of tech support as all I get is their if you get this, try this suggestion on the "help" button... I'll look again, but I can't even update the game. I can download any new game, but I can not do anything else. My antivirus is the same as it has been since I began playing BFG's years ago.. Thanks for any help.. Lilangelwolf..

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Jan 7, 15 12:01 PM
I am having three problems with the new update: I can not enter the wharf, in the penny arcade the gold slot machine takes 2 gold just to open the game (I lost 4 gold), and What do we have to do to start collecting printing press supplies for the new Platinum Collection.

Karen-and-Danny

[Post New]by lilangelwolf on Jan 7, 15 1:34 PM
I just ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get it to work... Oh well, no biggie and sent off a tech prob to tech support to figure out why i can't get updates.. But glad I got it working for now.. TTYL, lilangelwolf

[Post New]by Eng61teach on Jan 7, 15 6:44 PM
Having trouble with gold bars and stars disappearing on my game. I am really upset about this . I bought 16 and added them to 2 that I had, and my 2 disappeared and two of the 16 disappeared, and I have not earned a star since I downloaded the new game. So sad that these things happen on such a great game. I won't be buying any more, so guess I won't be able to fulfill the quest for plane parts in the arcade. I got one of the parts by using gold bars, but haven't been able to get any more, so I won't be trying again.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Jan 20, 15 4:20 PM
I 've played all the tailors twice with no results . Please help!!!

ydsamosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by ydsamosa on Jan 21, 15 4:18 AM
Hi could any of you gamers tell me how to get the missing plane part, it say it is in the Arcade, I have the first and third its the middle one !! I have had a few goes on the 3 slot machines. thank you, please help me !!!

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 1:51:05 PM PST

[Post New]by principiante64 on Jan 24, 15 7:46 AM
luckyma55 wrote:I am trying to open the tackle box with the paper clip but it is not working. How do you complete this quest. I have used a lot of energy trying to pick the lock but it never works. Any ideas?

I've no idea: I'm stuck on the same problem!
Some help???

moody49
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by moody49 on Jan 24, 15 12:56 PM
I am on level 77 and still cannot get any airplane quests. I have updated all of my buildings to pirate mode including the AES building but cannot unlock the office. I also Updated the wharf and can get in the into that airplane but can't fix anything until I get the new quests. I am so FRUSTRATED. I have deleted and reinstalled three times w/no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

[Post New]by principiante64 on Jan 25, 15 8:26 AM
please, help me: I am trying to open the tackle box with the paper clip but it is not working. How can I use this clip? Is there a way to skip this problem?

[Post New]by studzgirl1 on Jan 25, 15 4:58 PM
Ive played the tailor about 5 times each color button and still not getting any map pieces either! All the others gave them to me pretty quick but this one is not. Not sure they are really there?

[Post New]by dianesaffron on Mar 18, 15 1:58 PM
i am in the toy shop but it wont let me clean the glass in the caninet. i have the rag but it does nothing. just says 'that wont work' or try something else. is this a bug in the program?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 19, 15 5:22 AM
You should have a two part quest that involves cleaning the glass.

All of these quests do have a glitch of a sort but If you don't close the quest you can go back and replay it, get the item, and IMMEDIATELY complete the quest.

Generally, they are two parts to the quest so the first part should be there to replay it.

The big exception to this is Aunt Margaret's House. When the Old Friends, Fresh Memories quests start, my best suggestion would be leave them alone until you reach the level to open Atlanta GA or if you have the gold you can pay to open it. Those quests are divided up and come before Aunt Margaret's is even open for most people and require extra care so that the feather duster and gloves are not lost before the scene can be opened..

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 19, 15 5:30 AM
moody49 wrote:I am on level 77 and still cannot get any airplane quests. I have updated all of my buildings to pirate mode including the AES building but cannot unlock the office. I also Updated the wharf and can get in the into that airplane but can't fix anything until I get the new quests. I am so FRUSTRATED. I have deleted and reinstalled three times w/no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

How to Get Plane Quests
question and answers as found on
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/373348.page

Try going the wharf area in Breezy Bay, click on the little brown door on the Fix, Enter, Customize panel. Then when you see the plane click on the lower part of the door. Let me know if this works.

Then when you have opened the door and the "fix the plane" quests have started read the following thread closely.

Information about the quest series that will follow the opening of the plane have been gathered into:
Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 19, 15 5:33 AM
studzgirl1 wrote:Ive played the tailor about 5 times each color button and still not getting any map pieces either! All the others gave them to me pretty quick but this one is not. Not sure they are really there?

The Knights of Round Table blue print is a devil and if you do not keep close track of what has dropped you might be playing the wrong game to get things to drop.

Master list of Blueprints
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/342445.page

[Post New]by Jammin65 on Mar 19, 15 4:30 PM
Mama needs this game in Mac version to play. Please can we get it? ?

[Post New]by Eng61teach on Mar 20, 15 9:55 AM
I am working on blueprints. I have all of them except the Tailor quest that I have gone through 3 times, and Phillips place 2 times and still have not received my last blueprints. I have several quests pending, but most of those have to be earned by flying to different countries to get building supplies.. What would make this a better game for all would be that fuel for the plane could be earned in other ways beside flying to the counties. I have found that you can earn a lot of stars by flying to the countries, and sometimes you earn some fuel. You can also earn gold bars by playing the stars in the arcade. I have 7 open quests right now and cannot seem to fulfill them, If anyone can help me with the blueprints, I would be most grateful and give you all the keys I can earn for your friendship chests. I am at level 76, and I know there are people who are further along, so help if you can,

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 22, 15 5:24 AM
There are several threads where you can find information about the Fix the plane, Fix the AES sign, Blue prints,Fuel accumulation, resources needed, glitch workarounds in the opening of new cities and other quests,

The thread that is being used for an index is:

Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page

The threads being used for discussions are

Master list of Blueprints
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/342445.page

Hints to get the most free fuel and complete the AES Museum Quests (Spoiler Alert)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/346306.page

Aviation Fuel
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/336878.page

To unlock & pay for Spain & Romania v wait for a Quest to open
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/363895.page

Hints to get the most free fuel and complete the AES Museum Quests (Spoiler Alert)
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/346306.page

Fuel Saving Strategy
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/339452.page

Where to find New Resources
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/341519.page

Where to find collectibles can be found starting page 9 of Collectibles - Where to find 'em! http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180/259109.page

You will see a list of page numbers across the top - use GO put in 9 and then hit go again. It will take you to the right page.

Lists by LorettaGSP are correct. Loretta and I went through each and every city, mini-game in towns, and item and checked with others to make sure the list was correct. The only thing that is wrong on her lists is that Ben's Justice is no longer in MT (quest will take you there) and different games have that item showing in different pages.
Other lists were only cut and pastes of other information and have never been corrected and could have incorrect information within them

Edited on 03/22/2015 at 6:43:47 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 22, 15 6:05 AM
Work arounds for everything past

To trigger the Fix the Plane quests: Enter the wharf - click on the wharf and the panel comes up with Fix Enter Customize, Click on the little brown door labeled ENTER. To open the plane door, click on the bottom of it.

Many of the quests are out of order or mislabeled....
Work around for quest series that are out of order, this includes most all the all (if not all) of the quest series after Missing Painting quests,
•Fix the Plane (opening mini-screens for FL)
•Fix the AES sign- you will be asked to collect items and the hint takes you to the auction, you will not get credit for the collection if bought in auction - you must get them in each city or mini-game where they drop. See above post as to where to find each of those collectibles.

opening of mini-scenes:
•Toy Shop - St. Paul, MN
•Sculpting Studio - Nashville, TN
•Hotel - Akron, OH
•Apple Orchard - Wenatchee, WA
•Delores' Barn - Tucumcari, NM
•Boat Builders - Hessel, MI
•Guo Antiques - San Francisco, CA
•Train Roundhouse - Como, CO

and the quests for finding items once you have built the AES buildings and are looking for the collections within each.

If you do not get an item needed in a quest, skip to the other quests following it until you do get the item.

As an example: The Hotel Akron bit is not complete in the details; the quests are out of order and one needs to be skipped over to get the things that are needed to complete it.

Leave the polish the mirror, fix the elevator, and ridding of ants where it is and proceed to the other quests.

a)They are find soccer uniform, Heqa Sceptor, and Henna tattoo
b) Play Mantle piece of lady...., Give 8 brushes, and give 6 nets.
c) give 10 cinder blocks, 5 cement, and 1 door.

Then you get to the meat and when you have all the items go back to the one you left open and could not complete
go to CA and find sheers, which you will use on the quest left open, on the picnic basket
Go to WA and find the elevator button, easy one here, put it on the elevator above.
Go to MN and find the bug spray. This one makes absolutely no sense to me, it is the polish the mirror which is the cloth draped to the right of the mirror on the landing on the stairs.

Edited on 04/03/2015 at 5:11:12 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Mar 22, 15 7:01 AM
Can't get the AES collectibles during the Missing Painting quests?

BUY the CAT. There is NO other answer. Period.

Don't have the gold? Go work your achievement list, main screen to the right - there is gold to be had in them thar hills!

I'm having trouble getting the compass needle.
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/380070.page

Where to find AES collection items:
Crest collections - 6/17/14 update expanded collectibles

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284854.page

For all things Missing Painting quests please see:

Missing painting quest series and associated threads

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357491.page

Did I mention buy the cat?

Completing the Missing Painting quests, triggers the Fix the Plane quests.

Edited on 04/03/2015 at 5:12:21 AM PST

Go to: