JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 7, 13 2:54 AM
I have isolated the issue to only occurring when attempting to play Picky Shopper Mode (PSM)immediately after having played the same mode in a different city. Now I try to remember to look at the mode prior to entering a city. If I have already played PSM, I close the game and re-open prior to playing another city in PSM and it works. I was doing good at this when my kid interrupted me and I clicked a city without checking, entered PSM and sure enough, the game crashed. (Right after I had purchased a food resource for 29 gold bars, of course.)

This is really frustrating, especially if one is using a timed resource and is attempting to play quickly in order to make the most of the resource. Please have someone fix this. And perhaps give me some of my gold back that I have lost!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JB4510 wrote:It just did it again. Different HOS but exact same issue. I play one HOS in "Picky Shopper Mode" successfully, then I go to another. The game crashes on what I believe to be the last item. I lost 102 energy, all the items from the first HOS as well as the second. My Achievement list still shows me as having played Picky Shhopper Mode two times when in fact I've played it four times today alone.

JB4510 wrote:Have been playing for a month with no problems, Win 7 64bit. Today game crashed on an "App Hang 81" while playing a HOS.

I had just added 140 energy and was in the process of playing "Picky Shopper Mode" using the resource that provides 20% reduction of energy used..

Upon restart all of my energy was gone as was my Resource, with no rewards, coins, etc., nor did it register as having played Picky Shopper Mode. I understand things randomly crash on Windows but when it takes items I've paid for, such as the energy and resource being used, it is rather frustrating.

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Nov 7, 13 9:19 AM
I have completed 128 Quests and no more will pop up. I assume there is one to open the mini scenes at every city but they did not give me any I have 7 of 20 on the last trophy for the first 4 cities but only one or two has the mini scenes open. Can you guys look into this.

[Post New]by brian_drozd on Nov 8, 13 3:34 PM
I have just upgraded to v 1.116 and now there is only a wide-screen video mode! Now when I go to Full-Screen mode, the quests and the menu items are shunted off screen after every mini-game / hos. And when Full Screen is turned off, it still doesn't get the video display right, extending just a fraction beyond the actual width of my screen. Just what I never wanted...

GennaHart
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by GennaHart on Nov 8, 13 4:42 PM
brian_drozd wrote:I have just upgraded to v 1.116 and now there is only a wide-screen video mode! Now when I go to Full-Screen mode, the quests and the menu items are shunted off screen after every mini-game / hos. And when Full Screen is turned off, it still doesn't get the video display right, extending just a fraction beyond the actual width of my screen. Just what I never wanted...

I am having the same problem. It is not holding the smaller size when I go anywhere. Also when I go into a location on the road and enter a sub map, there is no back button. I just lost a lot my energy because I could not go back.

Edited on 11/08/2013 at 4:44:29 PM PST

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Nov 8, 13 5:55 PM
GennaHart wrote:
brian_drozd wrote:I have just upgraded to v 1.116 and now there is only a wide-screen video mode! Now when I go to Full-Screen mode, the quests and the menu items are shunted off screen after every mini-game / hos. And when Full Screen is turned off, it still doesn't get the video display right, extending just a fraction beyond the actual width of my screen. Just what I never wanted...

I am having the same problem. It is not holding the smaller size when I go anywhere. Also when I go into a location on the road and enter a sub map, there is no back button. I just lost a lot my energy because I could not go back.

Yeah, I am also having the problem because I like to play in full screen mode. I am also not happy about not receiving any credit on any of these new quests. Every single quest that popped up with this new update, I had already achieved. At least the mastered levels are giving items again though.

What really irritates the crap out of me is that I had just burned through all 1200 points of energy right before this update was available!!! So turning on this game with the long awaited update only to find out that every time I open a new screen and go back out, I have to switch to widescreen and then back to full screen just to get the menu and quests to show up. Words just don't do justice to how I feel right now... All I can say is I'm disgusted.

naranda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by naranda on Nov 8, 13 6:43 PM
same situation here - finally have the "wonderfully awaited for update" only to have my game crash 4 times tonite during picky shopper mode - losing more gold or coins/swag. What a disappointment. Big Fish - if you are reading these posts, you really need to do something about your loyal customer's getting ripped-off by this game. I may not have posted much but I've been a member for over 4 years and have spent more on this game than any Mystery Case or other favs...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 8, 13 8:14 PM
I love all the new things added, and the way everything looks autumnly. Love that new Thanksgiving owl as well.

It's a shame that each time I enter the game it comes up in Window mode, because the "Full Screen" tick keeps disappearing.

And each time I go to the map to do a HOS and then come back to the main scene, the images at the left (quests and the letters) are only half visible, being pushed out to the left. The same happens when the quest images disappear while one of the characters show up to tell me where to go and what to do, and then come back, only to show half of the images.

I keep going into Settings, and unticking the "full screen" button, so that the images are back fully, and then go back to full screen, only for them to be half gone again after I did a HOS. This needs to be corrected.

Other than that, I have not come across any problems, and really like the new look and objects.

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Nov 8, 13 8:42 PM
I played the new version for several hours tonight. I like the new features of the auction. It was so helpful to be able to look up an item by name rather than endlessly scroll through items I have no interest in. Most everything worked well. No screen issues, so far. No freeze up, so far. "Picky Shopper" apparently did not get fixed. I played that mode twice. Got credit for one, as usual.

Sometimes switching from one feature to another in the auction did not work. I had to close, reopen, and reset the options all over again. Also, frequently got the "no active auction" message. Closing and reopening resolved that problem, but it is a nuisance.

I tried 3 times to buy the gumball for one of the quests w/o success. Perhaps, there is some trick that I haven't figured out yet. If anyone knows the secret, please post for the rest of us.

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by minmer on Nov 9, 13 5:57 AM
I've updated the game on my PC and on my laptop and in both cases I was congratulated for opening up new mini-games (Art Studio, Stamp collection and Porcelain Shop) However when I go there, these mini-games are not there at all.

I`ve got "Thanksgiving" decorations offered in all three locations, but when I click on the pictures I get a blank screen i.e. there is nothing I can buy. I have a load of special collections displayed in my collections but not the slightest clue where to find those items. Does the fact that the "Thanksgiving Season" is over mean I'll have to wait till next year until I can find any of these items?

So, am I the only one with this problem or are there others who are as confused as I am?

[Post New]by cjmitchell60 on Nov 9, 13 8:00 AM
My game worked fine until I tried to install the update. I got an error message that the update was unable to install but the game display area has changed so that I cannot see all of it and it is now running slowly and at times it is not responding.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 9, 13 8:13 AM
I don't like having to reset everytime I log on. Like some others, I have already completed most of the quests while I was just playing and waiting for quests in the old version. Not fair.....all of that energy lost. Now everytime I exit a town, all my quests disappear and I have to quit the game and start up again,. The auction is much better, but it still goes wonky if you are in there any length of time....again....shut down and restart all over again., I said it before and I'll say it again...it was released before it's time. I don't want to start all over again because I have invested real money in this crappy excuse for a game. I am really disappointed. I know I'm not the only one that's frustrated. It looks like the new players will definitely have an advantage..I could just scream about now.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Nov 9, 13 10:03 AM
I am having the same trouble when it comes to picky shopper I must have played them back to back lost energy 2 times not fair.

[Post New]by primrose_11 on Nov 9, 13 10:05 AM
This game has crashed on me SIX times now.... always during a HOG. This has been a very expensive 'free to play' game. It is such a shame as the game is really good. I am very angry with this as it has cost me a lot of money for which I have 'lost' the gold which I purchased.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Nov 9, 13 10:07 AM
Just a quick gripe here...

Has anyone noticed that you have to click to the right of most items now in the city hidden object scenes? There are a few things you can click right on top of, but most require a click on the right edge of the item to register. Some items even require you clicking completely off the object (again to the right side) before it will register as you having found it.

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Nov 9, 13 10:12 AM
In the bar, in the mode where it gives you sentences for clues- there's one for the button that says, "Who's got one?" Seems like there are some words missing from this clue....

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 9, 13 10:37 AM
OMG, this new version is playing worse than the original. All of the "quests" disappear, as does the "go to town" icon after every quest completed. I have to quit game and start, not to mention adjust the setting again. One of my quests was to go to Captain Mathews...I used 90 energy points and the "back" icon was not there when I went to check the boat for objects. I was stuck in the boat with no way to get back to the "dock" or "tackle box". Of course, the engergy was lost because I had to quit that quest.

I'm sure BF has made plenty of money so far with this aggravating game at the expense of their "little fish" and with so many people playing, some of us are bound to get screwed.

Congratulations to those of you that are having success, I envy you.

joshua67
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by joshua67 on Nov 9, 13 11:51 AM
I have found that if you have your pc screen on wide screen and you can see the top and bottom of your desktop screen as you play the game, you can drag your game from left to right.

I found i could do this when i realised everytime i was going into the captain site and going into one of the hos i would have to return back because I couldnt find the back button.

It seems to work if you leave your screen the terrible way they have set it up.

Hope this makes a little bit of sense.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 9, 13 12:01 PM
joshua67 wrote:I have found that if you have your pc screen on wide screen and you can see the top and bottom of your desktop screen as you play the game, you can drag your game from left to right.

I found i could do this when i realised everytime i was going into the captain site and going into one of the hos i would have to return back because I couldnt find the back button.

It seems to work if you leave your screen the terrible way they have set it up.

Hope this makes a little bit of sense.
thanks joshua, unfortunately I'm not so sure I want to waste engergy just to see if this works...lol. This should never have been an issue to begin with. When I read the moderaters post about the update, it sounded like there was a bit of relief in the text, as well as the impression of being proud of the new update. He shouldn't have been proud...good ideas based on the fishies in the pond, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. It's worse than ever now..."Hang your Heads Boys" , "Hang your Heads". I am so disappointed. Update: Fool that I am, tried Mathews again...and once again...lost 90 energy points...because I couldn't get out of the boat: I tried Joshua's solution, but to no avail... It leaves a very bad taste in my mouth going back....OH and by the way...this is a first for me....lost gold.....I was so careful with it's use that it really ticks me off. I like so many other's that have spent money...would like it back PLEASE...I promise, I will delete this game and never play it again if you do this for me.

Edited on 11/09/2013 at 1:29:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Kat1764 on Nov 9, 13 12:07 PM
Due to the recent "update," I am having trouble playing it on my Acer AspireOne netbook. The resolution is correct, but it is too big for the screen.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 9, 13 12:11 PM
go to the settings & check full screen. You will have to do this everytime you enter the game. Hope this helps.

Go to: