OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Hints and Tips Available For Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 4, 15 2:02 AM
Yanno those pesky daily quests where we are asking to "give" our lovely resources for a star and 100 coin? Try this as an alternative way to fulfill that type of quest:

Jillian's Daily http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/469778.page

It has been suggested that hitting the SKIP button is the way to go, I have not personally tested this yet.

Edited on 11/29/2015 at 5:44:59 AM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 13, 15 8:05 AM
need this.

[Post New]by msparkie on Oct 14, 15 7:56 AM
For the last week I have been trying to find the wall socket to plug in the extenision cord in Portland Oregon so that I can unlock the first mini-game. Can someone please help me.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 15, 15 10:50 AM
msparkie wrote:For the last week I have been trying to find the wall socket to plug in the extenision cord in Portland Oregon so that I can unlock the first mini-game. Can someone please help me.

You must have missed where I answered you back on the 11th in your other post. I copied and pasted the answer here.. There is NO wall socket.

First welcome to the forum.. The extension cord goes near the bottom of the Elephant's trunk .Go slow and the area will "light" up somewhat(this does for all the tools used) That's the sweet spot. Now I will tell you this, that plug gave a lot of folks fits myself included. By the time I found that sweet spot I was ready to plug that cord into that elephant and watch his truck curl I was so mad.
Good luck...
Now since you still have the cord. Be very careful in the time you find the "tool" to be used and the time of using it. That should be done right away like the next scene after you get the tool or you can or WILL lose the tool and mess up the game through no fault of your own. When you get the quest for the gloves. Don't do that quest should come about level 27 or so. Let it sit and do not go back into the doll shop till you reach level 32 and Atlanta opens so you can use the gloves there. THEY WILL BE LOST if you do that sooner ans so WILL your game... Major unfixable glitch..

good luck..and come back to the forum... there is someone always minding the store to help out.

[Post New]by janet78644 on Oct 22, 15 1:28 PM
Bar - Chicago illinois: Drawer. "purchased" this game 17 times. This last time playing found only 1 item. Nothing else. HINT tells to go to table. Then message nothing is there. Out in the bar, HINT tells you it is in drawer, which cannot be opened without a tool needed, which is not there.
I have lost so much, and have to wait 12 hrs to waste credits again. This is the second game that is messed up. I probably won't buy BF games again if this isn't fixed.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 23, 15 7:01 AM
Janet, sorry for your troubles with the game. First of all you never "purchased" this game; it is free to play. You may have restarted it 17 or downloaded it 17 times but you never paid a nickel to get the game. Perhaps it is not the game for you. I know there are many I don't care for and leave. So I guess the tip here is that if you don't like the game or get the game, go find another that will be fun.

In regard to hints.... think you are trying to open the drawer in the bar, you should have a key in the upper left hand corner of the game. There is a glitch in the game that after you FIND one of these items you have to USE it immediately.... can't shut down game or it might be gone when log back on.

Also when you get the to the sweet spot to use it the place with glow or sparkle. You have to move your cursor all around till you find the spot - it is there. The hint may or may not take you to the right spot. If I remember correctly it is towards the back on the left side of the table.

chicago bar silhoutte mode
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/283763.page

If you have lost the key, you might get lucky and this will be a two part quest -go back to Cpt Matthews in CT and get it again.

Read about losing things in the No gloves at Margaret's thread, first couple of pages of this thread.

[Post New]by Canefia on Nov 5, 15 12:57 AM
I cannot find the remote for the engine in Pensacola. I got it from Jillian and it has disappeared. Help

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 7, 15 9:18 AM
Go read
Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page

It has everything you are going to need from here on out.

For screen shots of Fixing the Plane you can do a google Search of Pinkrollsroyce games and find the same step by step with pictures.

You will also find screen shots of the blue prints there.

Also have the screenshots of a couple of the harder to locate displays my location; Google search Oddlyenuh's photobucket

berttoski
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by berttoski on Nov 14, 15 5:58 AM
I've restarted this game multiple times. Now I'm stuck again. I just finished assembling the red shard pieces so that I can procure the painting at the toy shop in Minnesota. Problem is the painting never shows up & the quest is still wide open. (I hope it's not a glitch.)

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 14, 15 6:15 AM
I know this is listed else where in this thread, page 6 has the locations of the threads you need to read. There are page numbers on the bottom of this and every thread.... you can move to the different pages to see what has already been posted.

Missing painting quest series and associated threads
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/357491.page

To use the addresses posted with the thread names, you copy the http:part. Go up the browser tab (you are viewing this forum in an internet browser). If you are using Internet Explorer - Click the little grey box to the right of the open tab to open a new page, and paste the address the in the long rectangle at the top of the page that has the two arrows on the left and magnifying glass on the right. Hit the magnifying glass (search).

Edited on 11/14/2015 at 6:24:50 AM PST

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by 8928 on Nov 15, 15 4:13 PM
Found the remote control to place engine in the plane but it is not showing up
in Florida, i've tried so many times...any ideas or suggestions would help

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 18, 15 5:46 AM
See the Nov 7th post above.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Nov 23, 15 7:16 AM
Random question. The crate, when you click on the plane, is there anything to do, ever?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 27, 15 5:58 AM
Nope, it just appears as part of the Missing Painting quests and then nothing else.

[Post New]by drgenack on Nov 28, 15 9:33 PM
How do you get the game to uninstall completely? I have tried an it just restarts where I left off when I reinstall it.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 29, 15 5:55 AM
To get a completely new game you will have to do a restore on your computer to a date before you started the game.

If you are just doing the uninstall from the game manager and then reinstalling it, then yes, you are getting the game where you left off.

Read this thread about who to restart and keep your coins, gold, collectibles...... There is no guarantee it will work and the steps have to be followed to the T:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/538871.page

Turn on game, log in
Disconnect from internet
Hit NEW GAME under the gear on top right side of main screen.
Play a few of the quests
Reconnect to the internet

You will lose all building supplies, inventory items, upgrades, and resources

THERE IS NOT GUARANTEE this will work but several others report it works. If steps are not followed exactly it will not work and you will lose the coin, gold, and collectibles.

Edited on 12/27/2015 at 9:29:46 AM PST

[Post New]by KIKI21242628 on Dec 1, 15 5:10 PM
While playing in the Doll House I was told now that I have a magnifying glass I can open the glass case. Problem is, I don't have a magnifying glass and so I can't even go into that site because some of the items that need to be found are in the glass case that I can't get into. What do I do? Thanks,

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 1, 15 6:32 PM
It is not talking about the same magnifying glass that you get for mini games. It's talking about one that should appear in the top corner of your screen, when you go to that scene.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 2, 15 3:48 AM
Kiki, there is a glitch in the game. When you get a quest to go find an item and then use it, the problem is if you do not find and use in the same quest or session, there is a chance you will lose the item. The biggest offender are the gloves to be used in Aunt Margaret's house. Because of when the gloves are introduced and when GA opens, level 32, more people have lost the gloves and had to do a restart.

If you have the two part quest still open, you should be able to go back and get the item and then finish the quest. However, this is not one of them. The quest sent you to the library to get one from Thomas, who had loaned his to Charlie - game had you play Hoof and Horn at Park Ranger (which had to be at Level 5 to be open) and then there were other quests between getting the magnifying glass and opening the doll house.

You can not go back and get the missing piece. South Dakota will remain closed in the one mini scene. I think there is one Christmas quest there and one at Thanksgviing If you have already gotten the Amber Shard for the Missing Paintings quest series you don't actually have to have South Dakota open - however, you will never get the Titanium cash register to open for coin - the unlock requirement on that one is to finish the Doll Shop quests.

Depending on how much you like the game or care that you will be missing the above - you might want to restart your game. Suggested approach is in this thread:
How to prepare for a restart
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/541852.page

I have not done this myself but several have, following the steps EXACTLY, you should be able to retain coin, gold, and collectibles. You will lose everything else - might want to use those resources up before restarting.

1) Start game
2) Disconnect from internet (turn OFF Wifi or unplug cable)
3) Go to Gear on main screen and pick the option NEW GAME
4) Play a few of the quests
5) Reconnect to internet

There is no guarantee this will work so be prepared to lose everything.

[Post New]by KIKI21242628 on Dec 2, 15 4:27 AM
Thank you OddlyEnuh...you answered my question perfectly...not happy, but now I know what happened. Guess I will play for a bit and if I get too far off track, guess I will get to restart the game. Thanks again.

Go to: