Annabel

Re:Annabel

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 15, 09 11:12 AM
anyone have the fix on the domino mini game. When ever I move a domino is slides right back to where it was...frustrating.

[Post New]by SassyLass on Mar 15, 09 1:02 PM
Hi I am playing Annabel right now and I am at the puzzle game right after the prince and Annabel's boyfriend are fighting with swords. The puzzle consists of moving colored blocks that you have to match 4 of a kind. I've been trying to solve it for an hour... does anyone know how to solve this part of the game? Or does anyone know if there is a walk through for this game?

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Annabel

[Post New]by gullbra on Mar 15, 09 6:40 PM
Still waiting for solution to the lights game stage 3. I have tried for hours and cannot get it and it is frustrating not being able to go on. Any ideas please?

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 6:06:51 PM PST

[Post New]by carkam on Mar 15, 09 8:30 PM
I am in the carpenters room, and I needed the key under the rug for the chest to get the tool. I went out the window, up the ladder and the tool disappeared and now I cannot open the floorboards on the roof. I uninstalled and reinstalled, but still it wouldn't give me back the tool I need to get through the floor boards. Anyone else have this problem?

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 16, 09 2:00 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:anyone have the fix on the domino mini game. When ever I move a domino is slides right back to where it was...frustrating.

You have to move the domino over one of the arrows marking possible positions, and wait until the game rotates adjusts the domino to correctly match up. If you release the domino at that point, it should stay on the board, rather than sliding back.

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 2:00:59 AM PST

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Mar 16, 09 9:12 AM
I know this has been asked a gazillion times but I seem to be too dense to understand the answers. It is the coloured marble mini game. I know you are supposed to match the sequence of colours on the top row with the ones one the bottom row. Everytime I try to move a marble to correct the sequence it pops back to its original place. What am I doing wrong please? I can't finish the game without doing this first! UGH!

Many thanks
Lee

karstenmp1
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by karstenmp1 on Mar 16, 09 9:19 AM
An okay game, but is it the end after the sword-fight?
My game just stopped and went to the exhibition room, and Annabel and the guy went to another montre.
In that case, i find it a little too short.

[Post New]by puzzlehound on Mar 16, 09 3:27 PM
would someone please tell me how to illuminate the next room after putting the snake to sleep

MCFMEM
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by MCFMEM on Mar 16, 09 9:31 PM
cece2u45 wrote:How the heck does the colored ball puzzle work?
I am not so good at this one

I have that trouble also.. I received 4 pieces then cant open the box (last one)??? Told me to continue playing minigame (color).... Really weird.... HELP US!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 16, 09 10:51 PM
meryllon wrote:Worst of all, it switches your mouse to right-hand control. I'm a leftie, a south-paw. Ten percent of us are. Why would you assume everyone uses the mouse the same way? This happened to me just a week or so ago with the Serpent of Isis, and that game got deleted as well. If you can't be bothered to cater for everyone and think outside the right-handed QUERTY box, I for one am not going to be buying your game.

meryllon

I'm also a leftie but may buy the game anyway since it doesn't seem to use the right mouse button. But wondering if there is a better "beginner's" adventure game because I really didn't like having to do all the back and forth in the game.

luvityes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by luvityes on Mar 17, 09 6:51 PM
Well I thoroughly enjoyed this game right up until the Timed game 16 appeared and that one has me, members of my family and a couple of geeky freinds frustrated even the very smart Programmer couldn't beat it. What a BIG BIG disappointment.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 19, 09 2:34 AM
TopazMystique wrote: But wondering if there is a better "beginner's" adventure game because I really didn't like having to do all the back and forth in the game.

Hiya Topaz Mystique!

I think a great game to get your feet wet on adventure type games is Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Persian Carpet. This game has 3 different game settings (easy, medium, & hard) and is a very pleasant game to play. While it's not as difficult as the pure adventure games such as Syberia, it will give you a taste of how these games work. Even though I play a lot of hard-core adventure games, I actually enjoyed playing this SH game and got days of playing time instead of my usual 2 hours. I wrote a review on this game in the all-game forums under the game title if you want to read what I wrote. I went fairly in-depth and listed what I thought were the good points as well as the bad points of this game. Best of all, there is a trial version so you can try it out & see if you like it before purchasing.

Good luck!

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Mar 19, 09 9:56 AM
Thanks, mintjulelip! I tried that last year and didn't like it, mainly because the cursor was slow and it hung my system. I have since upgraded my PC with a video card and more memory so will download and try again!

Edit: Had time left so tried again. Mouse is hard-coded for right-handed people (I'm a lefty) and took big mouse movements to get cursor to move just a little bit on scene so probably will not be buying this one but thanks for the recommendation! If you come across any more (other than "large file") that might be good for a "beginning adventurer", please let me know! Really appreciate it!

Edited on 03/19/2009 at 1:17:36 PM PST

Krill
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Krill on Mar 20, 09 4:46 PM
char1132 wrote:im stuck on *of course, one of my least favorite mini-games* it is in the secret room on the boat/ship. The light the lights game HELP PLEASE.! Also on the *code violation* for me i put my computer to sleep LOL THAT SOUNDS FUNNY I have a laptop so just have closing it puts computer to sleep Game straightens right up...Unless the problem is TUNE-UP BACK-UP or UP- GRADE..while im playing.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the secret room on the boat. I am having trouble with the 3rd level of the 3rd game lighting the lights. I am getting very frustrated as there is no option to skip on this game. Please help!!!!

jayne419
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jayne419 on Mar 21, 09 3:00 PM
I'm enjoying this game very much. I'm stuck on the third circut puzzle, mine looks nothing like any of the screenshots I've seen.
All in all, this game is enjoyable and somewhat relaxing, and kinda easy.
Really nice graphics, although, the voiceovers are a bit stilted, but none the less an interesting story.

[Post New]by gostivarcb on Mar 22, 09 2:55 PM
Can anyone please give me some advice on getting the mummy oil? I started clicking on the jugs on the lower level and got dialog stating I have to find something to put the iol in and then need a ladle. I have tried help, which shows the same jugs on the lower level. Also I can not access the ladle since when I clik on the jug I only get the message again

lwxb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lwxb on Mar 22, 09 9:16 PM
For that last puzzle - I believe some folks refer to it as the "domino" puzzle - where you have to line up four gems in the same column, I solved it by matching the third row (the one you can move) with the fourth starting with the first gem in the fourth row and working my way across. What I did was line up the first gem and then just wait for the first two rows to line up. Once the first gem is in place, move on to the next one, and so on. Sometimes gems further on get matched by coincidence so you just line up with the next one in line that needs to be matched. It only took two times through the puzzle to win it using this method. The rest of the game was fun but this one was just annoying.

gullbra
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by gullbra on Mar 22, 09 9:40 PM
I can't find the last piece of the sword made from amulets. What Have I missed please?

[Post New]by mimi52154 on Mar 25, 09 9:39 AM
Krill wrote:
char1132 wrote:im stuck on *of course, one of my least favorite mini-games* it is in the secret room on the boat/ship. The light the lights game HELP PLEASE.! Also on the *code violation* for me i put my computer to sleep LOL THAT SOUNDS FUNNY I have a laptop so just have closing it puts computer to sleep Game straightens right up...Unless the problem is TUNE-UP BACK-UP or UP- GRADE..while im playing.

Does anyone have a screen capture of the secret room on the boat. I am having trouble with the 3rd level of the 3rd game lighting the lights. I am getting very frustrated as there is no option to skip on this game. Please help!!!!

[Post New]by mimi52154 on Mar 25, 09 10:25 AM
Krill wrote:

Go to: