eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:List of categorical bonus groupings (animals, foods, locations, etc.)

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 1, 14 6:23 AM
I just wanted to note, for the benefit of newbies mostly, why I think it is useful to also post the remaining items in the scene (those that do not qualify for any bonus group).

Having the full list broken down like that gives a complete picture and helps players know what to look for when first studying the scene, identify scrambled clues more easily, and check the bonus lists for errors.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 1, 14 11:06 AM
Good point, Eli. I will go back and add it to my old posts.

I updated Ch1.2 The Haunted House, thanks to Nelle9666, who pointed out that Peg Leg does not qualify for the Wardrobe grouping. See the orginial post on p.4.

More updates in Chapter 1 scenes to follow.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 7:45:40 PM PST

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 1, 14 5:27 PM
I updated Ch1.4 Haunted Station. Thanks to Nelle 9666 who noticed that Cane qualifies as an item on the Engine (even though it is situated on the second car). That makes the number of items in that category 11. I also added the remaining non-bonus items. See original post on p.4.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 7:46:13 PM PST

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 1, 14 7:44 PM
I updated Ch 1.1 Gypsy Tshilaba. DM has slightly changed the category headers and some items have been added or removed. Bonus item counts have changed. I also added the list of remaining items. See the update on p.4.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 7:47:26 PM PST

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Mar 1, 14 9:10 PM
Thank you Nelly and Klfrr

Summary group titles and item numbers have been updated, with sublists as displayed under tab 4.

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 9:11:21 PM PST

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Mar 2, 14 2:27 AM
eli173 wrote:I just wanted to note, for the benefit of newbies mostly, why I think it is useful to also post the remaining items in the scene (those that do not qualify for any bonus group).

Having the full list broken down like that gives a complete picture and helps players know what to look for when first studying the scene, identify scrambled clues more easily, and check the bonus lists for errors.

I will add the non qualifying items to my posts over the next week as there are 12 of them for me to do!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 2, 14 5:06 AM
GilGalad2 wrote:
eli173 wrote:I just wanted to note, for the benefit of newbies mostly, why I think it is useful to also post the remaining items in the scene (those that do not qualify for any bonus group).

I will add the non qualifying items to my posts over the next week as there are 12 of them for me to do!

Yes, your contribution has been very high and is greatly appreciated! But I wasn't trying to make anyone feel obligated to do this- I haven't even done some of them myself yet! I don't think it's so important anyway- it's just good to add if available, that's all. Besides, with klfrr's lists it should be piece of cake to find the non-qualifying items. If there are no lists for some scenes, then don't do it.

PS Since we have both posted on 12.4, I'll edit my post.

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Mar 2, 14 9:11 AM
Any chance that you would like to combine the 12.4 posts? They are, at least, sequential, but the format is alternate

I really don't like that they went back and changed Chapter 1. I hope they don't continue to do this sort of thing. At a minimum, if they change things, they should tell us.

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 8:28:21 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 2, 14 9:29 AM
Elinu wrote:Any chance that you would like to combine the 12.4 posts? They are, at least, sequential, but the format is alternate

I really don't like that they went back and Chapter 1. I hope they don't continue to do this sort of thing, or at the least announce it.

Already combined! And I certainly hope they haven't already changed other scenes!

PS GilGalad, you can now delete your 12.4 post if you like .

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Mar 2, 14 9:46 AM
Thanks eli173, post deleted!

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 2, 14 7:27 PM
Ch 8.3 Dead Man's Curve (61 total):

Kitchen Tools (17):

Blender*, Cheese Grater, Cleaver, Coffee Press, Fork, Frying Pan, Knife, Meat Tenderizer, Mixer*, Pot, Rolling Pin, Spatula, Teapot, Toaster, Waffle Iron, Whisk, Wooden Spoon

Heavy or Electric Items (13):

Blender*, Desk Chair, Drill, Easy Chair, Hair Dryer, Headphones*, Juke Box, Metal Stool, Mixer*, Radio, Speakers, Tire, TV

Either Food or Something Worn (12):

Apple, Bra, Cheese, Coat, Cowboy Hat, Headphones*, Robe, Scarf, Shoe, Skirt, Sock, Sunglasses

Remaining Non-Bonus Items (22):

Beer Bottle, Bike Wheel, Casserole Dish, Ceramic Cup, Comb, Cook Books, E, Glass Cup, Guitar, Hammer, Hanger, Ladybug, Lamp, O, Paint Bucket, Pillow, Pirate Pistol, Plate, Shovel, Soda Bottle, Trumpet, Wine Bottle

*Items in more than one bonus category

Big thanks to eli173 for her motivation and collaboration in compiling this list.

Edited on 09/29/2014 at 10:04:23 AM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 3, 14 6:25 AM
I have started working on 9.3 - Gator Wrasslin'. If anyone has any notes please send me PM. See you later...

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Mar 3, 14 7:49 AM
4.1 Accumulated Knowledge (81)

AS OF 27 August 2014 this list is out of date, please see current list on page 15!

Cards (14)

Ace of Clubs, Ace of Diamonds, Ace of Hearts, Ace of Spades, Four of Spades, Jack of Hearts, Jack of Spades, Joker, King of Spades, Postcard, Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades, Ten of Diamonds, Ten of Spades.

Made of Metal (17)

Bird Cage, Bottle Opener*, Coins, Hallebarde*, Hammer*, Knife*, Licence Plate, Lock, Occult, Pistol*, Pocket Watch, Scissors*, Self Help, Sheriff Star, Spittoon, Stapler, Toy Car.

Not; Ceiling Fan, Glasses or Samurai Helmet.

Hold it to use it (14)

Bellows, Binoculars, Bottle Opener*, Feather Duster, Hallebarde*, Hammer*, Knife*, Magnifying Glass, Phone, Pistol*, Pool Cue, Scissors*, Umbrella, Violin.

* Found in more than one category.

Remaining non bonus items (42)

Beads, Boots, Butterfly, Candle, Cat, Ceiling Fan, Clock, Cockroach, Dartboard, Deer Head, Desk Lamp, Dollar Bill, Duct Tape, Europe, Eyeball, Foot Print, Glasses, Globe, Idol Sculpture, Ladybug, Man's Hat, Mask, Moth, Mouse, Newspapers, Owl, Paper Boat, Parrot, Pipe, Roller Skates, Samurai Helmet, Roses, Shirt, Skull, Snake, Soccer Ball, Spider, Teddy Bear, Toy Plane, Toy Teeth, Voodoo Doll, Wine Glass.

If there are any errors, please let us know.

Many thanks to klfrr for the detailed item list for this scene

Edited on 08/30/2014 at 6:33:21 AM PST

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Mar 3, 14 7:50 AM
I am now working on 4.4 This Place is a Zoo.

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 3, 14 4:14 PM
GilGalad2, I believe Pocket Watch qualifies for the Metal category in Ch4.1. But I can't seem to get Samuri Helmet to work. Please check.

Edited on 03/03/2014 at 4:40:35 PM PST

GilGalad2
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by GilGalad2 on Mar 4, 14 1:03 AM
klfrr wrote:GilGalad2, I believe Pocket Watch qualifies for the Metal category in Ch4.1. But I can't seem to get Samuri Helmet to work. Please check.

Thank you klfrr, they were next to each other on my list and I ticked the wrong one! The post has been edited.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 4, 14 11:23 AM
Chapter 9.3 - Gator Wrasslin' [Total Items:58]

*= Belongs to more than one group

Items Found in Water [13]

Boat*, Buoy, Dragonfly, Fish, Fish Bones, Heron, Life Ring, Live Gator, Lobster, Shark Tooth, Snake, Stump, Turtle (not Fishing Net)

Items Made of Metal [13]

Bicycle, Boat*, Brass Knuckle, Chain, Fire Hydrant, Folding Chair, Lantern, Mace, Sickle, Stop Sign, Sword, Traffic Light, Trophy

Remaining (non-bonus) items [33]: Arrow Sign, Backpack, Bananas, Barrel, Bowling Ball, Boxing Glove, Chess Piece, Chicken, Doll, Duct Tape, Egg, Fishing net, Fleur de Lis, Gargoyle, Lizard, Love, Moon, Noose, Ostrich, Ouch, Paintbrush, Pearls, Rat, Red Cup, Rubber Boots, Shoe, Sombrero, Sparrow, Stuffed Gator, Wagon Wheel, Wanted Poster, Wooden Chair, Wrestling Belt

- Thanks to klfrr for providing the full list/comparing notes and to Nelle9666 for cross-checking the final list.
- If you find errors or omissions please double check and send me PM.

Edited on 10/19/2014 at 5:19:42 AM PST

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Mar 4, 14 1:14 PM
I hope everyone's enjoying the scavenger hunt. You may find that several items in made of metal or tools subgroup lists will be helpful to you.

Edited on 03/04/2014 at 4:16:15 PM PST

tinydancer112
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by tinydancer112 on Mar 5, 14 6:51 AM
Mardi Gras bonus scene: items on green eyed dude
Animals

Edited on 03/05/2014 at 7:01:25 AM PST

klfrr
Clownfish
Clownfish
807 Posts

[Post New]by klfrr on Mar 5, 14 1:32 PM
Bonus 6 - Mardi Gras (62):

Animals (11):

Beetle*, Butterfly*, Cat, Dinosaur, Dog, Eagle, Fish, Horse, Parrot, Rat, Shrimp

Items on the Green Eyed Dude (9):

Beetle*, Button*, Clover, Corn Kernel, Emerald, Heart, Pearl, Safety Pin, Saturn

Begins with B (12):

Balloons, Beach Ball, Beetle*, Belt, Bicycle, Binoculars, Bird Cage, Bow, Bubbles, Bullet Holes, Butterfly*, Button*

Remaining non-bonus items (34):
Axe, Coffee, Corn, Crown, Cup Cake, Doughnut, Fire Alarm, Fire Hydrant, Fleur de Lis, Grapes, Hand Print, Horse Shoe, Ladder, Lantern, Lollipop, Moustache, Musical Note, Pepper, Pinata, Radio, Rose, Sandwich, Sax Man, Snow Flake, Soccer Ball, Soda Can, Spanish Moss, Sponge, Star, Top Hat, Towel, Umbrella, Wine Bottle, Wrench

Feel free to send me a private message if you find any errors.

Edited on 04/17/2014 at 11:58:09 PM PST

Go to: