joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by joyzebra on Oct 5, 14 10:08 AM
stay away from this game if you have w8.1

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by elijah5 on Oct 5, 14 10:42 AM
Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to say that if you are trying to play this game on Windows 8.1 and your internet browser is IE, this game will not work. I was having issues with other games doing the same thing, freezing, locking up, etc., did some research on it and found out that 8.1 is not compatible with IE8 or above. I switched mine to Mozilla Firefox and have had no issues since. I played the game without any problems. Hope this helps some of you.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Oct 5, 14 6:43 PM
I have heard that BFG uses Firefox, and some games will not run well if you are using a different browser.

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Oct 7, 14 5:44 PM
i would have thought by now that enough information has been provided to bfg and game manufacturer to come up with a fix.i find it amusing that bfg send me emails trying to sell me ho games when the last one i bought wont play,and it will be the last one if a fix doesn't come soon.

[Post New]by teetee292 on Oct 12, 14 11:32 AM
This is an Access violation problem, error code 0x0074E2F4 (tried to read from 0x00000014) this needs to be fixed in the code of the game software. It isn't necessarily operating system specific. Big Fish and developer please fix, 9 pages of posts plus some that probably don't bother and over a month with nothing done that we know of.

cnagirl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by cnagirl on Oct 13, 14 11:53 AM
I have been playing this game for a couple of days. I have had no problems until i tried to play it today. My inventory items are no longer on the screen. Help, i don't know what happened and how to fix it. please someone help me!

[Post New]by Empressu on Oct 13, 14 3:25 PM
Where is the update to fix the freezing issue?
Only because I like the game a lot am I contining to go through pain and suffering.
Same issues as already described by others.

[Post New]by chrisbrine on Oct 17, 14 4:20 AM
I got about half way game play through then it froze It said access violation 0x009B990, once I hit the alt ctrl and del button to get out as it was the only way to exit, I uninstalled then reinstalled . again it froze so stupidly it went through the whole process again very mindful of my monthly quota of megabyte usage. again total failure. I have been a member for about 6 years and this is one of the rare times this has happened I do hope it is fixed soon as the game is a treat to play. cheers

[Post New]by jk7k2b on Oct 22, 14 4:02 PM
Anybody heard anything yet on the issues with this game?

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Oct 22, 14 7:36 PM
elijah5 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just dropping by to say that if you are trying to play this game on Windows 8.1 and your internet browser is IE, this game will not work. I was having issues with other games doing the same thing, freezing, locking up, etc., did some research on it and found out that 8.1 is not compatible with IE8 or above. I switched mine to Mozilla Firefox and have had no issues since. I played the game without any problems. Hope this helps some of you.

I do not use Internet Explorer and I am having problems just like everyone else. I'm happy someone is able to play the entire game without problems.

bhewett
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bhewett on Nov 2, 14 3:33 PM
Jeanette40 wrote:
littlemom4 wrote:ATTENTION! For those getting an Error: Access, I seen a suggestion to turn off the custom cursor and special effects under the options. I did this and I am now able to play again!! Yeah maybe I can finish the game now.(I hope!!)

*********I tried this and it worked perfectly after I turned off special effects and custom cursor!! No more freezing. The cutscene played fine. Thanks for the suggestion!.

This seems to be working for now!

alowan
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by alowan on Jan 11, 15 4:11 PM
Happy New Year...

I started with a new profile, and unchecked both special effects and custom cursor. It froze up even earlier.

Big Fish, please get your stuff together and get us a fix. 9 dang pages in the Tech thread of the same issue, plus a couple of other threads, and we get nothing? But I'm beginning to expect this from you, and am thinking of leaving. And I've bought 700 or so games from you guys.

Please begin to re-earn my respect and loyalty...

Sadly, Alowan

PS: Windows 8.1 on my laptop

Edited on 01/11/2015 at 4:13:37 PM PST

locojet
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by locojet on Jan 30, 15 11:59 PM
i have windows 8.1 i tried the fix in help but it did not correct the errors im having. like everyone else freezing locking up computer, have to shut down to get out. too bad was fun game for the first 35 min before the troubel started

[Post New]by sherry65old on Feb 17, 15 1:56 PM
I KEEP FREEZING UP. I PURCHASED THE GAME-----THIS IS TERRIBLE

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 17, 15 2:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along and came across this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing freezing issues with this particular game, especially on Windows 8.1. Talk about frustrating.

I do want to assure you that we have passed this information along to the developers so that they can look into what's causing this freeze to happen. At this time though, we haven't heard back from them with new information.

It may also be helpful to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report if you would like to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by EarleyDaysYet on May 28, 15 4:33 AM
On iOS - latest version, etc.

I'm currently on the Phantoms level - there appears to be no way to proceed without completing the Knot puzzle - but the chest is open, I only have 1 of the 2 pieces, and I'm not being given the option to retrieve the 2nd. I've been through the Walkthroughs, shut the game down & reopened it, gone back through all the other levels to double check I haven't missed anything... Nada.

[Post New]by shan92577 on Jun 1, 15 11:47 AM
I just purchased the game and was very much looking forward to playing it, however I can't seem to get very far since it has continuously freezes on me. I have reloaded it several times and even attempted to reload Adobe Flash player. I am very disappointed since it had the potential to be a great game but I haven't been able to play. I am so very frustrated! Apparently many people have had the same issue. If that is the case, it is in my opinion, that Big Fish should not be selling a game that obviously has an extensive history of technical issues.

[Post New]by Deelynn72 on Jun 3, 15 5:13 PM
I'm playing on my iPad. I have not collected all of the pieces of the crane and they are not available to me. The crane top should have been behind the spring door, according to the walkthrough, but it was not. It does not give me the option of revisiting so the crane cannot be used. Can't finish game.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Jun 13, 15 12:52 PM
It's a very pretty game, but it locks up every time I go to a new location, and sometimes when I open the Strategy Guide. I'd have bought it with the sale, but when I can't even get through the Demo (already 3 times of CAD and restarting my laptop - Win 8.1, of course - in less than an hour), I'm not going to waste money on it. I have one game now that I can't finish because of an unfixed glitch, and am not interested in buying another that has so many pages of similar tech issues going back 9 months. BFG needs to pressure developers to actually fix the games they release or else stop selling the games from these developers.

[Post New]by Panamacat on Jun 14, 15 3:27 PM
celticwolf55 wrote:I feel (almost) lucky. I am running Windows XP and I managed to get at least three quarters of the way through the game. Made it into the third portal, Played almost to the end of that portal and WHAM...access error violation! What is it with BFG lately? Is there anyone in there? I have a feeling these are just kids, and when everyone is posting the exact same issues...they throw up that "contact tech support". Then all you get is "it is something wrong with your computer. Lets do a Dr. Felix" I am so very tired of this runaround. When I pay good money for something, I expect quality in return...or I return the product. Funny how they never refund the money, they only dole out 'credits'. They still have gotten our money. Well, that is the ripper BFG. You wil no longer separate my money from my wallet. My father didn't raise any stupid children. From now on, my money will stay where it does the most good. With me. If you cannot run this game site any better than this, then I am going to have to drop you like a hot potato. After almost seven years, I am so disgusted with the trash you are putting out there for people who have trusted in your website to deliver quality games and entertainment within most peoples budgets. My budget has begun to suffer from your incompetence.

Just wanted to say thank you, Celtic Wolf, well said and far too true!!! I've been angered quite a bit in recent months and have complained to Big Fish about the absolute crap they will put their name on these days to make a buck. Response/ recompense? Zero.
Entertainment value, creativity, quality, have gone from company hallmarks to matters of blind and infrequent luck. And for $7.00 for the purely money-grubbing creation called a "Collector's Edition" (1. Of what, actually? Computer code? Seriously??? 2. But wait!! I can't even "choose" not to "collect" because - oh, that's right. I'm not given the choice of a cheaper, basic version, because it was just some marketing ****-buggery to shoot up profits in the first place, at the customer's expense, of course.

Big Fish: lose respect for your customer base, treat them - and their money - like ****, and what happens???

Here's the fun part- I have a feeling you'll get to find out!!! There's a mystery game I'm really going to enjoy playing: "Big Fish: And The Customer Vanishes."
And the cost for the "Collector's Edition"? Free to all the customers you've screwed.

Go to: