ajtho1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:An Urgent Letter to Big Fish Games

[Post New]by ajtho1 on Oct 15, 14 12:02 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey there

Just popping in to check in with you all.

We have been sending your feedback to the appropriate teams, but it can take time to implement changes. We really appreciate the patience you've all shown so far, and we are working as hard as we can to move the game into a more positive direction for you.

We want this to be a game that you all enjoy, and your feedback is invaluable. It's taken a little more time than expected, and again, we truly do thank you all for being so patient while we work on this

bfgVaiya

Hello Vaiya,

I'm just posting in this thread to say that I, too, am now having items going 'missing' mysteriously out of my inventory. I have lost 4 Unique Stamps just today (and you know how hard they are to get recently!), and that's just what I've noticed - who knows how much else has gone and I just didn't realise.

I would have hoped that we'd hear from the developers themselves by now on how - and, more importantly, WHEN - they are going to fix this unacceptable glitch. Unfortunately, they appear to be content to leave you to be the messenger, a task which you are doing a good job of, but it's unfair of them to hide behind you and not take responsibility themselves for the shoddy job they've done of maintaining this game.

If glitches like this aren't fixed soon, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's no-one left playing Midnight Castle at all.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 15, 14 8:02 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey there

Just popping in to check in with you all.

We have been sending your feedback to the appropriate teams, but it can take time to implement changes. We really appreciate the patience you've all shown so far, and we are working as hard as we can to move the game into a more positive direction for you.

We want this to be a game that you all enjoy, and your feedback is invaluable. It's taken a little more time than expected, and again, we truly do thank you all for being so patient while we work on this

bfgVaiya

Vaiya, I want to say that your job as messenger must be truly the pits. I sympathize.

We are willing to wait for the necessary backtracking and coding to fix the bugs and implement our wishes. Why not give us the list of what is being addressed in the updates? It's been done before, this wouldn't be groundbreaking.

Tell the high muckety- mucks at Big Fish to stop hiding behind you, the Mods, and face us. We've paid the piper. It's time to face the music.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 15, 14 8:18 PM
Lizzie, it's good to see you back. I've been going through the threads and it seems that they've put in a new randomizer for the stamps. Some people are getting more consistently, others are left wanting, same as before. This is just a theory though cuz we don't get any specifics on what's been done.

gerl, I think your idea is magnificent! After we set a reasonable amount of time to backtrack and rewrite code (an estimate from any programmer not employed by would be extremely helpful...hint, hint) and they have not complied, we should act on your idea. Since the posting of this letter, I have connections in other forums that might be interested in this idea as well. I'm sure that my troops would be willing.

AnessaBlue.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Oct 16, 14 3:05 PM
Hi Everyone,

I can understand how frustrating it can be to experience so many issues with this game that you’d just like to have fixed. Given the circumstances, you have all been very patient with all of this and for that we thank you.

While some of you may have noticed other developers posting in the forums for other games, most developers choose to work with the Mods when releasing information to the players. This is especially the case with Midnight Castle, because the game is so complex and because there are indeed a number of issues that need to be addressed. Doing this ensures that everyone is on the same page and prevents any confusion regarding any information that’s made public. This also allows the developers to fully focus on those issues instead of diverting that attention to the Forums.

We do understand that there has been a dearth of new information, but this is because the developers are still working on those said issues. While some forums members may have suggested that the Mods are being used as a front, this is definitely not the case. It’s simply that there is no new information to post for the time being.

We see that this urgency for new information is largely fueled by your dedication to this game and we appreciate all the time and resources that you’ve invested in Midnight Castle. With that said, we are as anxious as you are and hope to furnish you with any new information as soon as we’re able.

I realize that this is not the answer that most of you would like to hear, but as things stand we can expect an additional wait for more information. However, do trust that the Mods will let you know about any new developments post-haste.

bfgWaimea

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Oct 17, 14 12:07 PM
Thank you for the response, Waimea.
I realize that PR keeps everything in order. The fact that a creator stepped into his game's forum was a well placed aberration, a step I think should be strongly considered here. I had thought that MC was equal to Awakening Kingdoms, Antique Road Trip, etc. in complexity and just as fraught with problems but I don't code so thanks for the info. I also didn't realize that Devs read the forums, I thought they, ideally, got summarized reports but suspect that work orders are the norm and they can figure out from there what's happening.
I'm happy to hear that the Devs are working hard. Most of us are happy that the time is being spent fixing the bugs first. Releasing new content containing the same flawed coding is wasted energy for them and disappointing for us. As for the flow of information, I realize that you can't give us what you don't have. You not having the information is a choice, one that I don't agree with heartily. I ask again for the contents of the work orders. Let the PR dept. drop us a note saying, for example, the disappearing inventory issue is being recoded we expect results in ? weeks. There are those of us who would appreciate info like this and would wait, instead of bailing not knowing if the waiting will be worth it.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 17, 14 12:38 PM
To the mods:

When posting on update page about what is in a update, more info would be nice. The last 2 updates for the PC version just has fixes bugs and other problems. I personally would like to know what bugs and other problems were fixed. Just saying fixes bugs and other problems doesn't say much. Are we suppose to guess what was fixed and what was not? I have seen other games update pages and they tell all the problems fixed. Just like software I download, I always have to read what is in the update and what bugs / problems were fixed. If they don't have a page of the update and what bugs / problems were fixed, I stay away from downloading and don't recommend it to anyone as it just shows poor customers relations. I would be happy to see more info since I play the game Don't the players have the right to know what is in the update and what is fixed? I hope you consider this as it is disappointing have 2 updates and just basic info saying fixes bugs and other problems.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Oct 17, 14 1:20 PM
A little bit of good news is better than none and I am happy to know the DEV see and hear us and are trying to fix the problems.
We the players are willing to wait to have the bug, gliches fixed as long as we know we are being heard and not ignored that is all we ever have asked.
It is not fun at all to go around on a merry go round and get no where so thank you bfgWaimea for you post ,looking foreward to more.
Randy

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 1:21:30 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 17, 14 2:45 PM
I agree with tazruby. Since Elephant Games does not have a forum as BoomZap does, we are in the dark with generalized information such as "fixes bugs and glitches". That is the same info provided in AK updates, HOWEVER, you can always go to the Boomzap Forum to see a published and bulleted list of what the update includes. Not so here.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 23, 14 9:05 PM
I have come into the forum today to just add my two cents worth, since the last 2 updates (to fix bugs) I have found that the drop rate for food and stamps to has seriously declined,
I am on level 33 and did a run through of the 33 HOS, well I was so disappointed -Stamps- 3 White, 3 Green, 3 Blue:-Food- 2 Simple, 2 Special, 1 Rare, 1 Unique,
not enough to get by on, can't feed pets and don't want to craft or advance in the game as my inventory is low, even though I have been in a holding pattern for weeks,
What bugs are they fixing? and has the introduction of the tournaments distracted Elephant Games for the main game!!!
Forget the tournaments and fix the main game PLEASE

No wonder people are leaving in droves, it's just not that fun anymore, we used to get a fighting chance and now it's up to others with what I like to call the Begging List, it's so annoying to have a once great game become a game so many people play just to pass the time not to have fun but because it's free to play!

NOT HAPPY JAN !!!
Aussie's will get this!!

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Oct 23, 14 9:17 PM
I am with you aussiegirl1, I noticed the food drop and the stamp drop rate decrease. But mine went back 3 update plus the current. It was fine before the tournament feature was added. My problem now and some others are having are with the plain stamps.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 23, 14 10:13 PM
I here you Tazrury,
I have accumulated a lot of stamps before the updates as you say it was when the tournaments started, so I have not given out any except when I get some in a pass through, I have about 250 Blue 300 Green and 1000 White, but the kicker is the airship items, I have 650 to 1000+ and they just keep coming, the only pet I can feed is the Phoenix and his food is getting low and it takes 3 hours to regenerate, I wonder if anyone other than the local forum users will read this????

I am seriously disheartened and will play just for something to do, I have noticed you have taken yourself off the Beggar's List, well you were on both my games and I could of helped with Unique stamps as to give one from each game wouldn't have made a difference to me,

HOPE YOU COME BACK WE NEED YOU!!!!
not just in the forum, if the game gets a bit better with drop rates I WILL DO A LITTLE HAPPY DANCE then back to frustration.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 23, 14 10:15 PM
lawmaiden,
are you talking about MC or AK???

NENEHI
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by NENEHI on Oct 23, 14 10:25 PM
I am a newbie to the game and the forum, but I have experienced all of the problems described in the original post in getting to level 22. But I also was disappointed that the Game club membership I signed up for did not give me any discounts on the in-game purchases, which was pretty clearly promised in the ads. The responses I got to my queries were polite but no help.
Based on the comments here I doubt I will play it much longer. If it only gets worse as you go on to higher levels, what is the point? Too bad, because as many of you point out, the graphics are great and the story line pretty intriguing...so far, at least. Anyhow, I appreciate all the comments about these issues. They are very helpful in making the decision to stay or go.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 23, 14 10:51 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:lawmaiden,
are you talking about MC or AK???

I believe she is talking about AK. New update tonight, is botched. Same thing happened to me. Cannot access game.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Oct 23, 14 10:57 PM
Hi NFT
I also play AK but have yet to log in to get my daily rewards, hope it lets me log in and not have to update?

MC is now my main game but AK is a low stress place to go and have fun!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 23, 14 11:24 PM
aussiegirl1 wrote:Hi NFT
I also play AK but have yet to log in to get my daily rewards, hope it lets me log in and not have to update?

MC is now my main game but AK is a low stress place to go and have fun!

If it is not a forced update, do NOT do it. Until we can access our games, we have no idea what the damage might be. I have already posted to BoomZap forum.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 24, 14 5:16 AM
NoFishToday wrote:I agree with tazruby. Since Elephant Games does not have a forum as BoomZap does, we are in the dark with generalized information such as "fixes bugs and glitches". That is the same info provided in AK updates, HOWEVER, you can always go to the Boomzap Forum to see a published and bulleted list of what the update includes. Not so here.

But since the game is distributed through Big Fish, you shouldn't have to go to the developers site.. that information SHOULD BE shared here.

Why force players to go traipsing through the internet to find answers? If they would only realize if they kept the lines of communication OPEN, they would forgo a lot of issues.. but instead they allow them to fester.. bad move and a terrible business practice.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 24, 14 7:55 AM
Well said, CH.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 24, 14 10:37 AM
Morning Everyone,

I was just swimming though to check on how things were doing when I noticed that there was some mention of the recent update in Awakening Kingdoms.

While we do appreciate that you're spreading the word to not install this update, we do prefer that it stay on that game's Forum page. If you haven't had a chance yet to look at what's going on, I've included a clickable link below that will take you to the open discussion about what's going on.

New Update 10-23-14--- DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Please be assured that the developers are aware of this issue and are currently working to get this issue corrected as quickly as possible.

bfgLianorm

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Oct 24, 14 10:53 AM
it just happened to me what so many players already posted, here and in the tech thread: I was kicked out of the game and lost my progress, a lot of coins and crafted parts (and I save the game several times a day, but who can know beforehand when the game will kick us out). I will not repeat what I lost, but now definitely leave the game as I have the feeling that the devs might be aware of all the problems but as shown with the last fix updates and this content update the problems are NOT solved at all and there are always new problems above the old they either seem not to be in a position to do something or they are told to continue as usual. I am out !

Go to: