Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Gummy Drop! (PC) here!

[Post New]by theoclitus on Jan 9, 16 6:50 AM
Hi,

I am so frustrated with New Orleans right now. I only have 240,000 hats and I need 2 million to build the cathederal. The problem is that levels 1 - 30 only offer bricks. There is nothing I can do to get the hats I need to move on.

I've replayed levels in other cities for gold but I am so bored I'm ready to give up

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 9, 16 8:26 AM
theoclitus wrote:Hi,

I am so frustrated with New Orleans right now. I only have 240,000 hats and I need 2 million to build the cathederal. The problem is that levels 1 - 30 only offer bricks. There is nothing I can do to get the hats I need to move on.

I've replayed levels in other cities for gold but I am so bored I'm ready to give up

The hats are available there. I don't remember the exact location, but they are either in one of the Helping Hands or in a 10-item mission.

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 8:27:52 AM PST

[Post New]by kccat5 on Jan 9, 16 2:31 PM
HELPPPPPP
PLZZ

I m in San Francisco I did the first ten Collected all the cans and then went and built the painted ladies but the rest of the level wont open... And the painted ladies didnt show up in my passport I am stuck. Can someone fix this?

PS I should mention I am playing on Android and shut down and restarted 5 times and yes I am signed into FB

Edited on 01/09/2016 at 3:31:59 PM PST

[Post New]by royalt03 on Jan 9, 16 3:01 PM
Help. I completed Shanghai, and got the little boat that sailed over to LA. Rather than immediately open up LA, I wanted to check something back in Shanghai, so I clicked on Shanghai. Then, when I returned to LA, it wasn't there. I shut down the game, restarted it and still not LA. Any ideas of what I should try?
Thanks! Love the game.
Muriel

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 9, 16 5:21 PM
kccat5 wrote:HELPPPPPP
PLZZ
I m in San Francisco I did the first ten Collected all the cans and then went and built the painted ladies but the rest of the level wont open... And the painted ladies didnt show up in my passport I am stuck. Can someone fix this?

PS I should mention I am playing on Android and shut down and restarted 5 times and yes I am signed into FB

This is a feedback thread, nobody will reply to you, much less solve your problem. In any case, this is the PC technical thread, not the one for mobile platforms. If you are sure you have completed all the relevant tasks then you should send a ticket to customer support (link at the bottom of this page).

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 9, 16 5:23 PM
royalt03 wrote:Help. I completed Shanghai, and got the little boat that sailed over to LA. Rather than immediately open up LA, I wanted to check something back in Shanghai, so I clicked on Shanghai. Then, when I returned to LA, it wasn't there. I shut down the game, restarted it and still not LA. Any ideas of what I should try?
Thanks! Love the game.
Muriel

If you are playing on PC, then Shanghai is the last city currently availble. The PC platform is WAAAAAAYYY behind the mobile one and the last update was September 23. A total disgrace...

[Post New]by bigrokey on Jan 12, 16 8:59 PM
yes hi I having problems with gummy drop updating to los angeles

[Post New]by Cturnish on Jan 13, 16 11:16 AM
I have Windows 7 64bit and I'm having the same problem as several other users Paris / Level 95. NONE of the Souveniers every appear. No matter how many points I get. Apparently this problem has been going on for quite some time.

[Post New]by mfoulds on Jan 13, 16 11:13 PM
Paris Level 95 - Architect, no souveniers dropping. I am having the same problem as reported by several others. I am running windows 10. If it isn't going to be fixed in a hurry, can I at least have my 2 wasted lives back please?

Edited on 01/13/2016 at 11:17:27 PM PST

[Post New]by MarktheShark69 on Jan 17, 16 10:44 AM
Hi, I just completed Barcelona and moved on to Shanghai, but the level won't seem to start. It gave me the option to download, but it never started. I've exited and re-entered the game a few times and it won't start-- help!

[Post New]by airesade on Jan 19, 16 10:34 AM
Not sure if this is right place to post this:

Level 95 in Paris- 2nd level requires 300,000 points and to drop 15 souvenirs to win - the souvenirs never show up. Ergo it cannot be won. The first level was fine, but level 2 did not work. Thanks!!

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jan 19, 16 10:31 PM
My game won't open, every time I click on to play, I get a dialog box saying "Gummy Drop! has terminated with an error", plus a whole lot of computer jargon which is too long to write down. The first line says: "System.TypeInitializationException: The ype initializer for 'Match.ApplicationData' threw an exception.---> ProtoBuf.ProtoException: Invalid field in source data: 0
I uninstalled/re-installed the game and the dialog box still comes up, what is going on?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 20, 16 2:55 AM
WildCat_1988 wrote:My game won't open, every time I click on to play, I get a dialog box saying "Gummy Drop! has terminated with an error", plus a whole lot of computer jargon which is too long to write down. The first line says: "System.TypeInitializationException: The ype initializer for 'Match.ApplicationData' threw an exception.---> ProtoBuf.ProtoException: Invalid field in source data: 0
I uninstalled/re-installed the game and the dialog box still comes up, what is going on?

Read pages 6-7 of this thread, it's all there. This is a well known OLD bug of the PC version that has not been fixed (and will never be, IMHO). If it hits you you are doomed. Although I recently was able to reenter one of my two lost games by reinstalling, but can't figure out how this happened.

Edited on 01/20/2016 at 3:01:53 AM PST

Gummy drop "Gummy Drop! has terminated with an error"

[Post New]by Alxgeorges on Jan 21, 16 7:40 AM
Hi,

I had that problem since October and I found a way (work for me) to solve it

the bad thing is I dont know if you lost all your save ? I think yes at 99% but I think is better than nothing!

go to user/appdata/roaming/gameforest/gummydrop/1.0

There is a file named : AppData

That file is the problem!

Delete it and restart the game !

I am not sure but maybe you can save the file during your quest and replace it if it crash again!

Bye

[Post New]by WildCat_1988 on Jan 24, 16 2:23 PM
megalass wrote:I tried playing today and got a:

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Match.ApplicationData' threw an exception. ---> ProtoBuf.ProtoExceptionL Invalid field in source data: 0
at ProtoBuf.ProtoReader.ReadFieldHeader()
at proto_6(Object , ProtoReader )
at
ProtoBuf.Serializers.CompiledSerializer.ProtoBuf.Serializers.IProtoSerializer.Read(Object value, ProtoReader source)
at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(Int32 key, Object value, ProtoReader Source)
at ProtoBuf.Meta.TypeModel.DeserilizeCore(ProtoReader reader, Type type Object value, Boolean noAutoCreate)
at ProtoBug.Meta.TypeModel.Deserialize(Stream source, Object value, Type Type SerializationContext context)
at Lime.Serialization.ReadObject[T](String path, Stream stream, Object obj)
at Lime.Serialization.ReadObjectFromFile[T](String path, Object obj)
at Match.ApplicationData...ctor()
at Match.ApplicationData..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Match.The.get_ApplicationData()
at Match.Application.OnCreate()
at Lime.GameView...ctor(Application app)
at Application.Main(String[] args)

it then terminates the game.

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling it please advice me on how to repair this please.

I got the same thing just this week! I posted my concerns and still haven't received a reply, in the forum or by email. Right now I'm not a happy camper!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 24, 16 2:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let players know that the Moderation Team apologizes for the delay in response in this thread. The team oversees thousands of game forums and we greatly appreciate your patience.

Thank you to the players that have posted their hints and suggestions for others. It is greatly appreciated.

For players that are inquiring about Paris 95, the team continues to advocate for the players and pass along any information presented in the forums. The appropriate teams are aware of this level and once we hear of any information, we will update the forums.

WildCat_1988, I have responded to your inquiry regarding this issue in the following thread:

Major Problem with my Game!!!

Please reach out to our Customer Support Team so that they can look into this for you. They are always willing to help in any way that they can.

For players that are having city specific level questions, we ask that they be placed in the designated city threads. This will help to keep the Gummy Drop! forum organized. I'll include a link to the main directory below:

Gummy Drop! City Directory - START HERE TO FIND HINTS

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

miscjoan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by miscjoan on Jan 25, 16 12:39 AM
I loaded Gummy Drop on a brand new computer. Laptop, Windows 10, only installed Office 365 and 6 Big Fish games. I'd been waiting 2 months to play this game again. It crashed on one laptop after playing for 3 months and re-installing I lost everything. Then it happened again on a 2nd laptop. Now a 16 GB Ram, fast everything, so excited. I played for about 1 week and the last 2 days it isn't reacting to much of anything, the mouse (changed battery too), scroll pad, and it's a touch screen and maybe after touching it 20-30 times it will work. During games some drops will move, others won't. I just tried again, each time with a fresh reboot, and it still won't work, and have to use Task Mgr to close it. HELP! Is it telling me to not play this game. After playing a total of 6 months and losing all progress on 2 laptops, I waited until I could get a great laptop to play it on. Any ideas?

LorettaGSP
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

New Laptop; New Game

[Post New]by LorettaGSP on Jan 25, 16 8:42 PM
This may be answered somewhere else so feel free to point me in that direction.

I have a new laptop. When I installed Gummy Drop I find I have lost all progress. I am signed on to the BFG app so that's not the problem. And all of my purchase show up on that page. Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

[Post New]by LoupGarouHunter on Jan 30, 16 2:08 PM
Alxgeorges wrote:Hi,

the bad thing is I dont know if you lost all your save ? I think yes at 99% but I think is better than nothing!

I am not sure but maybe you can save the file during your quest and replace it if it crash again!

Bye

Wow...This is the only thing that worked...but what sucks is that I have to start all over again from Sydney level 1! I was getting that "threw an exception" error too, and it looks like that "AppData" gets corrupted or something (I need to read up on the issue, haven't yet). Yeesh.

If it helps the devs/problem solvers, this is the crash-log from my most recent try to get in the game:

Type: TypeInitializationException
Message: The type initializer for 'Match.ApplicationData' threw an exception.
Source: TravelMatch.Game
Stack line: The:get_ApplicationData
Stack line: Application nCreate
Stack line: GameView:.ctor
Stack line: Application:Main

The name of the file is "crash_2016-01-30_15-02.txt".

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 30, 16 3:32 PM
LoupGarouHunter wrote:
Alxgeorges wrote:Hi,

Bye

Wow...This is the only thing that worked...but what sucks is that I have to start all over again from Sydney level 1!

1. If you are willing lose your progress and start all over again, the simplest way is to start a new user name on your PC and download the game there. You can have as many games as user names. But as long as the bug is unfixed you may lose any of your games at any time.

2. When I lost my game months ago, I sent all kinds of data to customer support, including my AppData file. They did zilch! After all this time, they say they are still trying to figure it out.

3. They also said that even if you save your game on another drive, they don't know if you will be able to recover it after the bug hits you.

4. According to my experience, the bug does not destroy your progress, it "only" prevents you from entering the game. So if they fix it we will most likely get our old games back- something that will not be possible if we delete the AppData file. But they seem to be unable to do it.

Edited on 01/30/2016 at 3:42:33 PM PST

Go to: