Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mjcsgirl on Jun 28, 15 6:38 PM
I want my two game credits back - I can't even open this game - all others I've "paid" for - are fine - this one - took the game credits and won't even open

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by cgc610 on Jun 28, 15 6:58 PM
I just bought this game and it will not load. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Either you need to fix the problem or return my game credits. I am very disappointed and was looking forward to playing the game. I am using Windows 7.

[Post New]by DeanD8 on Jun 28, 15 7:34 PM
I have rarely had problems with Big Fish Games and I must have over 100 purchases, but wish I had read this blog first before downloading Spirit of Revenge. I had so looked forward to playing it, but have the same problem, click on play in Game Manager, it does not even load, but comes back to the screen, and asks if I want to play it again!!! I also deleted and downloaded twice to be sure also. I also clicked on other games in Game Manager and they load and work fine so it is probably not the BFG Manager. I looked at the files in the game in x86 programs; they look normal, too. Yes, I'm disappointed. Windows 7, with no problems on other stuff (Microsoft Office Suite, etc.).

[Post New]by shayllah318 on Jun 28, 15 11:06 PM
Is there going to be an update and/or fix for this game? I'm running Mac Yosemite 10,10.3 and having the same problem as all the other mac gamers with the game crashing on me after I insert the pirate token into the scroll (about half way through the game). Would really like to play this game to the end. Loved their first game. Please, BFG techs, give us an update soon!

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Jun 29, 15 11:14 AM
I am not having problems on my Windows 7, but I am blessed to have 7 computers so I can always find at least one on which a game will play. Looking back over a few games with problems I see that some updates take 4 to 14 days to fix. I now will try a few other computers and if there are any problems I will send in a Dr. Felix per machine. They are safe and highly valuable to the game producer in identifying the problem. Here is an item I copied a couple of years ago as a reminder to myself when I am frustrated by a game I really want to play:

"I can definitely understand that you are curious to know how our Dr. Felix can be helpful. It cannot tell us which game you are having problems with though but by mentioning the game and what problems you are having, our Dr. Felix can help us find the cause of these problems.

These reports not only show us if there are some adjustments that can be made to your computer, but they also give us very valuable information about the game itself - the sort of information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so.

Thanks!

bfgBiwa "

orlando3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by orlando3 on Jun 29, 15 11:23 AM
Stardancer001 wrote:
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

Same here. Since restarting didn't change anything, I deleted the profile and started anew. However, I didn't get very far. The puzzle in the box you get in the carriage (when going to the queen) isn't reacting to clicks at all.

orlando3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by orlando3 on Jun 29, 15 11:25 AM
Having a problem with the game freezing half way through. When I restart the game the scrolls won't work properly. I have started the game twice. Same problem each time. HELP!!!!!!!

Peta52
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Peta52 on Jun 29, 15 11:36 AM
I've got the same problem a lot of people have - the disappearing angel's dress in the HOP. Are you going to issue a patch? I do not want to start again.

GRAMMYAN
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by GRAMMYAN on Jun 29, 15 2:02 PM
got to one place where it freezes looks like a tiki head

[Post New]by snowflake1974 on Jun 29, 15 2:20 PM
I too am having issues with this game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the BFG Manager. The game won't even try to open yet when I try to play something else, I receive the Error 809 message. Upon opening my Task Manager I discover that there isn't a game running even though the BFG Manager tells me that I can't play another game because there's already a game in play and have to restart my computer. I am running on Windows 7.

[Post New]by dovetra on Jun 29, 15 3:05 PM
I've had no issue starting the game and getting quite far (I have windows 7 and an Nvidia video card), but I am having an issue with one of the HOG's. The one where you have to dress the three angels. The scene still thinks there's a dress there to sew when I already found the needle and thread - now the scissors and the dress and the needle have disappeared. I had to start over from the beginning - I'll try again when I get to that section (and will note the room/area where I am) if it happens again. I purchased the collector's edition so I'll be disappointed if I can't get past that same section.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by eponym on Jun 29, 15 3:36 PM
FreedomII wrote:Using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Got to the scroll holding the skull but game crashed when I placed the pirate token. When I re-started, the scroll with the token wouldn't play, although it does show I need to interact with the scroll. I'm at the point where I need the item inside the scroll to move forward, but apparently I'll have to restart the game since I can't override, skip, or otherwise manage to get the scroll to autoplay. Not a win...

[Post New]by ehammock on Jun 29, 15 4:13 PM
I have downloaded three times and game will not start. I am using Windows 7

mnkid
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by mnkid on Jun 29, 15 5:45 PM
It will not start. I'm glad I didn't buy since it won't even let me try. Very disappointing.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by BILLY8042000 on Jun 29, 15 6:29 PM
I was doing fine with the game until I got to the three angels, then I lost a dress and I can't continue.

bethiej
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: Elizabeth's Secret Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bethiej on Jun 29, 15 7:51 PM
bonggamer wrote:

Just saw this and yup - same problem!!!!

Same problem for me too!!!

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jun 29, 15 9:16 PM
Hey BFG
Just swimming in to check if there are any updates to this game?

b17annie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by b17annie on Jun 29, 15 9:29 PM
I heard back from BFG and they say they are "looking into the problems and hope to have a solution as soon as possible." They even offered me a game credit which expires on 7/11/2015. I thought that was kind of amusing since I hadn't even purchased the game. Anyhoo, I interpret this to mean either we may have a fix by 7/11/15 or see you same time next year. I also find it interesting that you cannot contact Vendel Games directly so I'm not holding my breath that there will be any sort of fix anytime soon.

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Jun 29, 15 11:42 PM
Same problem here. Any solutions?

[Post New]by coachlbridges on Jun 30, 15 2:06 AM
1) I'm using Mac OSX 10.7.5.

2) I also have the problem with the unreadable scroll crashing halfway through the game.

3) I was able to restart the game and keep playing; the unread scroll stayed in my inventory and I couldn't open it.

4) Then it crashed again in Chapter 5 when the puzzle with putting five lions' heads in the door froze. I can still play the game but cannot advance past that point.

Go to: