kathycot
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum

[Post New]by kathycot on Jul 19, 09 4:51 AM
Ok, I tried disabling my firewall and virusscan.......no luck still the same. I contacted IT and have yet to receive any answer. I have XP. I had heard it was Vista w/ all the problems.........what gives? Very frustrated!! Downloaded a total of 7 times now!

Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum

[Post New]by lilbearzau on Jul 19, 09 7:43 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by ripleysnewt on Jul 19, 09 8:47 AM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it. Pretty straight forward, it is not the most challenging game, but relaxing & fun.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 19, 09 3:11 PM
I just downloaded this one, and fortunately, this one downloaded without a problem for me. This game looked pretty interesting, so I'm hoping I'll be able to play this without encountering any problems. I've got my fingers crossed!!

tat2s
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
441 Posts

[Post New]by tat2s on Jul 19, 09 5:51 PM
culady wrote:I have DL this game twice> When I click on sparkles I get the dreaded blue screen , PC frozen & have to shut down. I have reinstalled twice & it does not save your game. Have to start over. I have gamer PC w/ GeForce 8400GS 256 MB PCI-Express. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same problem. I've had no problems with any other BF games. I have reinstalled several times. Help! I would really like to play this game. I hate the blue screen!!!!!

[Post New]by bl0nde on Jul 19, 09 6:02 PM
Im at the part with the totems, found the horns repaired the buffalo totem and the eagle totem chopped the wood found the amulet but am stuck on how to make it a necklace to repair the bear totem? any advice?

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Jul 19, 09 6:16 PM
The amulet is not the necklace. The necklace is in a HOG inside the shaman's tent.

[Post New]by Gypsical on Jul 19, 09 10:18 PM
I can't figure out the combination for the secret lab. I know that 1=2 and 3= a triangle but HELP lol

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Jul 20, 09 12:10 AM
bl0nde wrote:Im at the part with the totems, found the horns repaired the buffalo totem and the eagle totem chopped the wood found the amulet but am stuck on how to make it a necklace to repair the bear totem? any advice?

Probably its in the hidden object zone in shamans house

woolfood
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by woolfood on Jul 20, 09 12:12 AM
Gypsical wrote:I can't figure out the combination for the secret lab. I know that 1=2 and 3= a triangle but HELP lol

Did you light the lamp? Try, and you find the answer Good luck

[Post New]by mayanme2 on Jul 20, 09 6:09 AM
I can't get this to load completely either. Tried 3 times . I get blank spots where words should be but I can see the pictures.

[Post New]by bsktcase on Jul 20, 09 8:56 AM
jzbiz wrote:Why doesn't the "skip puzzle" button work on the stop watch/race car puzzle?

The skip puzzle button is time sensative. You have to wait until it is totally lit up before you can skip the puzzle.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 20, 09 11:51 AM
I just finished this game and it was actually pretty good. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it was a good mix of puzzle solving and hidden object. It kind of reminded me of Magic Encyclopedia and Enlightenus. I hope they come out with more games like this.

[Post New]by joan7947st on Jul 20, 09 12:22 PM
HI MARGIE, JOAN FROM YONKERS I AM STUCK ON GRAYHILL ST. CAN'T OPEN THE GARAGE DOOR I HAVE THE THREE SYMBOLS AND IT DOESN'T WORK WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

THANKS, JOAN FROM YONKERS

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Jul 20, 09 12:25 PM
Hi! This might require an IT answer.

I haven't read all nine pages of this thread but have noticed some are having problems; I don't know if this issue was mentioned.

I was able to download the trial version and got a security vulnerability warning from secunia PSI telling me this game was downloaded with Adobe Flash Player 9.x (activeX control) instead of the current 10 version. It was kind of odd to see that in a new game. I ran another scan and it comfirmed it.

Not running the latest Flash Player makes your PC vulnerable to infections. Nasty ones.

The file is located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Midnight Mysteries - The Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy\Flash.ocx

Is there a fix for this? Otherwise I'll just delete the trial.

[Post New]by essoilsgreen on Jul 21, 09 8:24 AM
When I tried to download this game I had the same problem as everyone on the blog but I persevered and managed to successfully redownload after about the third time of trying, however, when I go into the game (which I have now successfully completed) It does take a bit of time to start working and I have sometimes to use the file manager to stop it and start again which can get a bit annoying but I like this game, I think it is well worth it so keep trying.

[Post New]by DawniJeann on Jul 23, 09 12:52 AM
I can & have downloaded the game, but when I try & play it, all tesx portions are whited out??? I can't read any of the test....

I won't buy it, if I can't "test drive" it first & see if it's worth the game club credit.

I have all the system requirements:

CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 9.0
Hard Drive: 137 MB

Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum

[Post New]by candycara1000 on Jul 23, 09 2:26 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Department 42: The Mystery of the Nine players.

hi this is my first time in this forum have only just stated playing bfg with my 8 yr old and am stuck on level 3 cannot find the mushrooms and cant open garage door nothing we do helps could help us please

[Post New]by candycara1000 on Jul 23, 09 2:38 PM
tayers81 wrote:I just finished this game and it was actually pretty good. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it was a good mix of puzzle solving and hidden object. It kind of reminded me of Magic Encyclopedia and Enlightenus. I hope they come out with more games like this.

[Post New]by candycara1000 on Jul 23, 09 2:50 PM
hi tayers81 have just read that you have finished this game could you help me and my daughter out we cannot find the mushrooms or where the 3 pieces of puzzle go or how to open garage door we have found the rest of the game quite straight forward but cannot figure this out please please help

Go to: