Pirate's Day 2015

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Pirate's Day 2015

[Post New]by nmabbey on Sep 22, 15 9:32 PM
Macky922 wrote:Oh no! I just spent a bunch of fuel to finish up all collections so I could let them set until they were asked for. Now I have to do it all again?? Poop!! At least they're going to achievements now. Silver lining.

I did the same and now have no fuel. I am really disappointed in this. I guess I might not finish the quests after all.

Macky922
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Macky922 on Sep 22, 15 9:46 PM
I'd accumulated a good bit of gold bars trying to get through Spain and cashing in the PD collections so I just bought fuel. I should be good for tomorrow.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Sep 22, 15 11:00 PM
Hi everyone, had a busy day with appointments. Back now.

Oddly re your questions.
So did the quest disappear as soon as the item was found? Or did you have to accept the reward for it to go away and the subsequent quest come up?

The quest stayed there until the reward was claimed and then the next quest came up.
I wasn't sure what the quest would involve overall & how much fuel it would take so once I got the pearl, I collected the reward.

Also did they all stay in the same spots (which I expect them to instead of being added elsewhere too)?

Pearls were still in the same places as previously reported. I haven't tried the cities today to see if they have popped up in any of them. Been busy.

Did the drop rate increase after they were found with the quest for each?
Drop rate for which - pearl or fuel??? I was cashing in AES collections after each quest completed to make sure I had enough fuel.
Started day with 77 fuel - 16 trips to get Baroque Pearl from Italy - ended 70 fuel + 7collections = 77 fuel.
Egypt - 4 trips. Start 77 fuel - ended 74 + 2 collections = 76 fuel.
Indonesia (Pearl 1st go)- 4 trips. Start 76 fuel - ended 76 fuel + 1 collection = 77 fuel.
Antarctica (Pearl 2nd time) - 8 trips. Start 77 fuel - ended 71 fuel + 3 collections = 74 fuel.
Argentina - 2 trips (started in silhouette mode). Start 74 fuel - ended 74 fuel + 1 collection = 75 fuel.
Canada (Pearl 1st trip)- 2 trips (in silhouette mode to start). Start 75 fuel - ended 75 fuel + 0 collection = 75 fuel.
New Zealand (Pearl 1st trip) - 4 trips. Start 75 fuel - ended 75 fuel + 0 collection = 75 fuel.
Overall loss of 2 fuel. Without collections, loss is 16 fuel.

Have only done the round the once. Saving fuel for tomorrow.

NOTE: Not even trying the daily quest which is - Fly to Italy.

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nmabbey on Sep 23, 15 12:08 AM
I have made it to the fourth pearl in Canada, but don't know if I will make it much further. I have just completed the picky mode for the 4th time with no pearl drop. I have used all of my gold for fuel and have been getting very little fuel dropped or collectible items to get fuel. I am beyond frustrated. Even if I finish today, I don't know how I will ever be able to get the other 3 collectibles done. I guess I should have waited and not used my fuel ahead of time, but at least I can get the gold for the completed collectibles that I did early, but it won't last long. I am about ready to just quit.

edit: finally got the pearl in Canada and it did not give me the last quest for the last pearl. Beyond frustrated.

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 12:19:14 AM PST

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Sep 23, 15 12:57 AM
Dot - You are an angel to give us all these 'heads up'.

You are right that the collections quests have been pretty reasonable for net fuel consumption. Keep up your good work.

Macky - So true about GOLD and fuel. For the first time I bought some minor amount of fuel.

nmabbey - hey I too have Pirate collection items that I jumped the gun and acquired before I realized they don't count until you get the quest. Live and learn. Go find some more fuel. I E & I. lol

Cheers

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 12:58:15 AM PST

Y_A_Y86
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Y_A_Y86 on Sep 23, 15 4:12 AM
im done with this pirate day event...ive lost the pirate now and plus half way though the quest i was doing the game crashed and it reset me all the way back to the beginning of the quest.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Sep 23, 15 4:26 AM
Finally finished today's Pearl quests. Several trips are required as previously reported. I thought maybe since the quests were to get the Pearls, cashing in the collection would count toward the Achievement, but no. So, hold on to the collections for a bit longer.

Also, was it just me or is Captain Antonio a bit risque today?

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 23, 15 4:47 AM
Hmm.. I started the pearl quest this morning, and got the Baroque and the peach pearl. Then I had to stop, go working.
When I returned just now, the quest for the next pearl had dissappeared - and I'm sure it was there when I stopped this morning.... what to do? Any ideas? I'm really upset about the way this event works....

[Post New]by gizmoscotty on Sep 23, 15 5:29 AM
barbarasofie wrote:Hmm.. I started the pearl quest this morning, and got the Baroque and the peach pearl. Then I had to stop, go working.
When I returned just now, the quest for the next pearl had dissappeared - and I'm sure it was there when I stopped this morning.... what to do? Any ideas? I'm really upset about the way this event works....

I have the same problem as you I only got the first 3 quest. Frankly I am pissed off.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Sep 23, 15 5:34 AM
I have lost the PD quests for a different reason. Which should not have happened and am at a loss as to how it happened.

But I think part of it is the connection to the server. One must make sure they are connected to the server by accessing the auction, sending an in game message, see if you can redeem a collection, or throw keys and only after you can do one of these things log off.

There might be something else at play too but this is the one thing we have control over.

Giz, did you shut down your game between when you had the quests and when you did not?

Edited on 09/23/2015 at 5:36:14 AM PST

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 23, 15 5:42 AM
I'm not Giz... but I'll answer anyway :
I was not offline this morning, I had the pirate sign at the bottom and the quest flag on the left side. I also was able to give out keys. But I had to turn off the game and the computer and go working (at about seven o'clock in the morning european time). When I returned six hours later, the quest flag had gone. Do you think the turning off was the "mistake"? If yes, I think that really unfair... not everybody can stay playing for hours....

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 23, 15 5:45 AM
barbarasofie wrote:I'm not Giz... but I'll answer anyway :
I was not offline this morning, I had the pirate sign at the bottom and the quest flag on the left side. I also was able to give out keys. But I had to turn off the game and the computer and go working (at about seven o'clock in the morning european time). When I returned six hours later, the quest flag had gone. Do you think the turning off was the "mistake"? If yes, I think that really unfair... not everybody can stay playing for hours....

That was my mistake. I had been able to shut off the game all day. It decided that taking time for dinner was a no-no. Started the game again, logged in black bar flashed, pirate banner appeared on bottom, quests appeared to the left. Pirate quest missing.

[Post New]by gizmoscotty on Sep 23, 15 5:52 AM
Oddly, that is just it. I kept on playing. Cashed in a few collections for fuel, sent keys out, played a few rounds of the regular game etc. It wasn't until I rad the forums that I realized there were more quests.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 23, 15 5:53 AM
Oh Sue... you too...
It's really unbelievable. They can't want people to abandon their normal life like eating, sleeping or working....but obviously they do.
I just sent a complaint to customers support, and I will send the same to the mods.
But I fear this is like trying to nail a pudding to the wall....

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 5:59 AM
Macky922 wrote:Blue, only because I have no real life. I have way too much time to play the game. BTW, today is my wife and my 13th anniversary.

Congratulations there Macky, belated but just as heartfelt!

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Sep 23, 15 6:03 AM
I haven't reported yet..... but I've been turning my computer off every night, and the quests I have remaining are still showing when I start it back up. I have 38/44 quests complete, and the only two collectible quests I have yet to finish are the cookie jars and the decorations. I'm just being patient and hoping I catch them all!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Sep 23, 15 6:10 AM
Well I'll report that it took me peckin through 4 picky modes ( yes that's 16 scenes) to finally get that Pearl in Italy for today's "hunt and peck" quest. Meanwhile back at the farm, saw that chest many, many times and only have one in my collection. So the drop rate continues to be atrocious. Either way I'm done with it today as my connection is messing with not only my rotation but my blood pressure! Shook my fist at that Boy George wannabe pirate Captain Alfredo or what ever his name is to boot.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Sep 23, 15 6:13 AM
Captain Antonio. Not much swash in his buckle, IMO.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 23, 15 6:14 AM
DOT...

After you complete the quest for the collectible are you still able to get them from the countries, or do they disappear?

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Sep 23, 15 6:21 AM
The pearls are still there... only the quest is gone. So I can collect hundreds of pearls (if I wanted, but I don't) - but it will not count to the pirate rewards anymore.

Even the Baroque pearl (I finished this quest this morning) is still there... if THAT was your question

Go to: