Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

Re:Vampire Saga: Pandora's Box comments and reviews

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Jun 6, 10 12:39 PM
This game was really a nice surprise to me. Can't remember why I skipped it when it first came out. Just my kind of challenging, interactive HOG that makes you think things through and move around from area to area. It would be totaly awesome if it were not for a kind of clumsy and awkward playing style which made it difficult at times. Even with that, I am still enjoying this very interesting game and glad I took a chance on it.

[Post New]by ght55ppp on Aug 19, 10 2:04 PM
I have played most of the game on my i pad touch ,but i got to the point where i cant access the hidden object scene so i can get the holy water to put on the girl, The scene sparkles but wnen you click on it nothing happens? I am very frustrated and cant finish the game. What should i do?

arlene from brooklyn

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Aug 19, 10 2:21 PM
Have you tried the walkthrough?

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Aug 21, 10 4:29 PM
A must play game for all fishies who likes to search and search and search. It is a long game . Very well done. You do have to think a bit but not too long.

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Aug 22, 10 1:14 PM
I have completed this game and would definitely recommend it. I really enjoyed playing it and hope they make a sequel.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 7:53 PM
It was basically a nice game but I have problems with the hidden object scenes, which requires you to go back and forth and checking back every rooms that you have visited to see whether you can find a **** scene. The music is cool, but it repeats over and over which after I finished this game, I can't get it out of my head, but not in a good way. The graphics are good and the ending is also nice. Kinda spooky, IMO.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 29, 10 7:12 PM
This was a wonderful game! Full of surprises, wonderful graphics. I'm sorry I had to finish it. Don't pass this one up! It had everything to enjoy as time went flying by.

[Post New]by ArcheryMask on Dec 18, 10 5:04 PM
Great game! Amazing plot. I was so curious what would be next that hardly could pass HOG levels.

salyandpepper
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by salyandpepper on Feb 15, 11 1:50 PM
I loved this game, it is long and involved. Loads of **** scenes even though you often revisit the same scenes.Some surprises along the way and I like going back and forth anyway. For me a definate buy and I will probably play it again. A most enjoyable game from this developer. I will certainly look out for more from them.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Apr 24, 11 10:21 AM
3 words:

"Grampa's an idiot"

That vampire was a lovely girl and seemed rather nice!

Edited on 04/24/2011 at 10:22:26 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 4, 11 7:55 PM
graphics - old - dated, looks and feels like an old game.

Hidden object scene -
- Tiny, really bad graphics, mislabeled to what they actually are (hair pulling out time), replay each scene MULTIPLE times.
Story/plot - Good, but no surprise due to title of game.
gameplay - Overall good, have to travel back and forth a lot, and at end it just got tedious.

SPOILER - But some just didn't make sense - why would you need to repair underwater stairs, and then reinforce with bolts when you are swimming and wouldn't be climbing them!!

Despite this, it is a nice game, overall enjoyed it. I came across this game, as I had deleted it more than a year ago but had never played it (head scratching) so was a nice surprise.

Overall - Worth a look, especially if you can get it at DD price. For those that like a long gameplay, this is certainly longer than the normal HOGs.

ilovered1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ilovered1 on May 10, 11 1:17 PM
gingergal wrote:graphics - old - dated, looks and feels like an old game.

Hidden object scene -
- Tiny, really bad graphics, mislabeled to what they actually are (hair pulling out time), replay each scene MULTIPLE times.
Story/plot - Good, but no surprise due to title of game.
gameplay - Overall good, have to travel back and forth a lot, and at end it just got tedious.

SPOILER - But some just didn't make sense - why would you need to repair underwater stairs, and then reinforce with bolts when you are swimming and wouldn't be climbing them!!

Despite this, it is a nice game, overall enjoyed it. I came across this game, as I had deleted it more than a year ago but had never played it (head scratching) so was a nice surprise.

Overall - Worth a look, especially if you can get it at DD price. For those that like a long gameplay, this is certainly longer than the normal HOGs.

lol! My sentiments exactly!!!

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on May 16, 11 4:36 PM
Maybe I am just over H0Gs or something, but I am not enjoying this game. I am almost finished and just wish it would end. To many H0G scenes with bizzare names for things. Find "2 satchels," comes to mind. One was a backpack and I can't even describe what the other thingy was.

Some items are hidden really well, which is good. But, since I can no longer trust the 'list' I spend a lot of time guessing what that last 'brush' might really be, instead of looking for a well hidden scrub brush.

I like the story and the locations are fun and refreshing--especially the underwater part. Sound and graphics are good, IMHO. Mini games are good. (I skipped one.) And, I like travellling back and forth from the present to the past. But I don't like running into a H0G every two minutes and some of the actions required (like lifting the anchor) where so far "out of the box" that I had to use a hint. I would never have figured that out on my own. (Or, what to do with the dead guy in the little boat.)

If you really like H0Gs, you will LOVE this game. If you only like H0Gs a little, buy it as a DD and play it whenever.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on May 29, 11 4:44 AM
Not a bad game. I liked it. Lot's of hidden objects games. They may ask for a spoon and it looks like a honey dipper. That can get a little confusing. Have always liked vampire stories. This was a good story. Look for part II.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jul 9, 11 9:44 PM
This seemed like a fairly average HOG until the part where (spoiler, highlight to read) you have to shoot the mummy and with every shot he takes a step closer to you! I thought it was great they incorporated that little bit of suspense into the game. I really liked the story structure, as well as the story itself. It kept me interested despite the fact that there weren't that many locations to explore.

The only weakness of the game was poor translation with respect to the words used in the object list. Practically every scene had one word that was just wrong. E.g. the word "dolly" was listed for a stack of rolled up towels. I adjusted my approach to use resort to hints more quickly (usually I'm pretty stubborn about not using them) so it's not a showstopper by any means.

I appreciated the story, and how what you find out at the end resolves some of the strange things that occur earlier in the game. Everything else was average (graphics, music, puzzles, hidden object scenes).

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 14, 11 8:39 PM
Graphics – 2.5 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 2.5 stars
Overall – 2.625 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Aug 20, 11 3:04 PM
First off, in case you missed it, you have to click and HOLD DOWN the "faster" button to make it fast forward.

Second off, this game frustrated me. I mean it was okay, but after going through the same hidden object scene five or more times, I got sick of it.

Not Alawar's best work, but still better than some other games.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Sep 15, 11 7:08 PM
I usually love all games by this developer, but NOT this one!! Long play for me... 3 months or so... story line just did not grab me, **** were small and had wierd names ( dolly = 3 towels? looked that way to me). Zero replay for me on this one..ugh!!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Sep 25, 11 5:02 PM
I am absolutely NOT enjoying this game. I had to file a Dr. Felix report before I could even get it to play. I cannot use the game cursor...it just lags and jumps about too much. I was OK with the regular little white arrow though.

In the H0 scenes, some objects are so well-hidden (behing other objects) that I had to use the hint button much more than in any other game I've played...scenes sometimes very dark and "grainy". Entirely too many visits to the same H0 scenes for me.

I am not usually bothered by a couple of item "translations", but a stack of rolled towels for "dolly, a pitcher with a handle for a "jar", a brush for a "comb", a sweeper for a "mop", etc were really too many. Some of the puzzles did not have good instructions at all. One says to click numbers to rotate pictures...but there weren't numbers there - just squares to rotate.

According to the "completion" bar, I'm just over half-way through...and don't know if I will even try completing the game. So far, I haven't came across anything that would indicate "vampires"...maybe I've not played enough of the game.

All in all, I wish I had not bought this game nor the previous Vampire Saga game - Pandora's Box.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 11, 11 7:58 PM
Comment after FINALLY finishing the game tonight...I did not like it!

After several contacts with Dr. Felix beginning when the game was offered here on BFG, I was finally able to play it. I was quite surprised at the graphics, "filmy H0 scenes, and misnamed objects from this game developer. I have bought several of their games and none was like this!

I used the hint much much more than I like to...also had to finally use the walkthrough to find out what to do next. I don't like to give up on a game, so I plodded along until I finally finished it. This is one I have no desire to replay.

Go to: