fruktik
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Hidden Expedition - Devil's Triangle comments and reviews

[Post New]by fruktik on Oct 29, 09 3:45 AM
jojo170968 wrote:.......should have saved my $6.99

Indeed so, I quit playing after 15-20 minutes (10 of which spent for searching window mode)... the gameplay seems to be not dynamic at all...

I also lacked some visual effects for adding objects to my inventory or when matching pairs in mini...

its hard to imagine, but I do not feel intrigued to see what for were all the 345 Mb of .exe file...

Daranji
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Daranji on Oct 29, 09 4:06 AM
Well I am really enjoying this HE game. One or two hiccups but doesn't detract from the enjoyment. Graphics brill. Some mini games easy, some you have to think about. Don't like the hint button finishing the mini-game, would just like a hint.
BFG you are the best in my eyes. So helpful with any problems.
I am happy . Love you all

holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by holofernes on Oct 29, 09 6:37 AM
Loved the game. The best since the three dream chronicles.
Like the pairing game - makes a good change.
Do think the ending is a cheat - I would have played the next one anyway, but
resent almost being forced to.
But I have had great pleasure in playing this.

pippi929
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by pippi929 on Oct 29, 09 8:15 AM
This game was great, not too easy but not impossable either. One thing I enjoyed about this series in the past is the story. The story on this didn't dissapoint either my problem was with the end of the game... it just ended. There was no closure to the story! Makeing me wonder sequel?? Maybe?? The end made me feel like I walked out of the last hour of a movie, all the story build up and nothin.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 29, 09 11:14 AM
I feel that this game should have been categorized under 'PUZZLES'.
Not enough of an HOG for me anyway. And I am SO NOT mechanical, therefore I had a heck of a time with, well, most of it. Just couldn't get into it. I was glad when it ended.
I would like to see the next HE be more like Amazon. That one I would play again.

Biomix

espozito
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by espozito on Oct 30, 09 3:40 AM
Realy good game, but the story is realy stupid. Well, I guess u can't get everything

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on Oct 30, 09 12:13 PM
I just finished the game and loved it! The graphics are great and the quality is good. The story a bit lame...but I could get over that because I didn't need to consult a blog or walkthrough to finish.

It was not too hard and not too easy. Just needed a thinking cap. I had to use some of the hints, which are readily available for use to finish a puzzle you can't figure out. So you're not stuck.

I am looking forward to the sequel. Maybe the storyline will be better next time and the game a bit longer?

Thanks, BFG!

[Post New]by pid0002 on Oct 30, 09 5:16 PM
hi to all loved this game best one yet only thing was it ended to early for me
when crash landing on the island at the end wondering when the rest of it
will be done hope soon as i finished this game in about 4hrs straight
was looking forward to more

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Oct 30, 09 5:56 PM
I realise alot of people have experienced technical problems with this game, but I haven't.

I love it. There is a weird feel to it (not quite as weird as Lost In The City but that kind of weird - where you don't really know what's going on but want to find out). HE Titanic had that too, which I loved. There is also a weird sense of humour like Titantic (how else can you explain searching for "mummy's hand" a mummified look hand from a corpse!).

I'm sure there's those that will say its too easy, but I enjoy a game where I can use my noodle and not have to have a science degree to work out that a things go together that would never have made sense to go together if I didn't use the help.

Its way different from the last installments, which I was a bit afraid of, but really loved every minute of it.

trophywife
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by trophywife on Oct 30, 09 7:41 PM
This game was one of my favorites. Loved the graphics thought it could've used a few more hidden object puzzles since that's what the game was classified as and I thought a couple of the puzzles were WAY too hard. Never would've figured out the letter in the mailbox puzzle if it wasn't for the walkthrough.
Really enjoyed playing this one though and look forward to the continuation.

[Post New]by rabbit_22 on Oct 30, 09 11:35 PM
jerseyd1; I know what you mean about the game not allowing you to to finish construction on an item if your first try at construction was not in the right order, on doing the jet pack I had to go back and restart the game in order to be able to construct it the second time in the right order. Wonderful and fascinating game only wish it included the other two islands mentioned in the game, feel like it is only part one of three.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 31, 09 1:49 AM
I didn't buy the other HEs because they seemed mostly HOGs and I find that tedious, but I absolutely love that this is a mix with puzzles and adventure!

However as my favorite thing is puzzles, the fact that "hint" completes the puzzle is a huge drawback for me. It wouldn't be if there was at least a bit of instruction for the puzzles, though, and it seems that should have been a very easy thing to provide in what is otherwise a beautifully crafted game.

So based on the demo time I'm on the fence. If there was a bit of puzzle instruction OR a real hint (instead of solve) I'd definitely go for it. But as it is I'm not so sure.

Awesome graphics and flawless overall gameplay on my old laptop. Just wondering if I'd need a real hint on many of the later puzzles...

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Oct 31, 09 5:54 AM
Very good game, the cursor though wasn't working well, so i got stuck a couple of times, because I couldn't find the exact point of the object location. Overall waiting to be continued!!!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Oct 31, 09 8:02 AM
feel that this game should have been categorized under 'PUZZLES'.
Not enough of an HOG for me anyway. And I am SO NOT mechanical, therefore I had a heck of a time with, well, most of it.

If I wasn't so long-winded I reckon that would've been the gist of my review LOL

I liked Titanic despite it shortness & even tho it doesn't have a relaxed mode, Everest is still my fav HE. Maybe it was the challenge of looking for all those ice cubes, golf balls, & badminton birdies in the snow? For some reason I wasn't as fussed w/ Amazon & never bought it, & re: the puzzle thing, maybe if the series was going to be taken in such a radical new direction it was time to start a new puzzle game series entirely & leave the HEs as HOGs.

[Post New]by absolutrebel on Oct 31, 09 9:06 AM
I loved this game....BF at it's best ! Just challenging enough, possible to complete without too many headaches, loved the mix of games and **** scenes. Well done BF.....more like this please !!!

loveelvis
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by loveelvis on Oct 31, 09 12:44 PM
Hi gamers!
I just buy the game this afternoon and didn't see time passing by till now! It's 9pm...
I've been stuck for half an hour searching for the dire berries or dire blue berries, I don't remember.
I tried to water the plants but it did not work.
Who can tell me where these berries are hidden?
thanks!
I love this game, it's harder than the other hidden expeditions ones, but it's fun!

heidie0
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by heidie0 on Oct 31, 09 2:24 PM
I just finished both Syberia games and I am saying THESE are definitely heads and shoulders above the rest. I absolutely love everything about this series! Will there be a #3? Oh please! Don't get me hooked them drop it! LOLOLOL

[Post New]by olsen3880 on Oct 31, 09 4:27 PM
I loved this game until I got to the Island and there are NO friggin' shears ANYWHERE! I've started over THREE times under different names and there aren't shears/clippers ANYWHERE to be found!

Anybody got any ideas?

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Nov 1, 09 6:33 AM
Hate to say it but was really disappointed with this game. Amazon was so much better.

Baywolfe
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Baywolfe on Nov 1, 09 6:52 AM
tarbarme wrote:well can't save and it keeps deleting my new profle. I think the game and computer hate each other. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?.

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue. You can leave the game running when you're not playing but it's very annoying not to be able to quit when you want to.

Go to: