Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove CE Technical Issues

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Nov 30, 09 9:36 PM
I just finished the game and loved it! After finishing, I decided to read through the tech topic to see if I could offer any help, and what I've noticed most is that there seem to be a lot of posts here that sound as if the people making them think that they ARE reporting their problems to CS by posting in the forums. I may be wrong about that, but just in case I'm not and this is what some are thinking, I wanted to point out specifically that posting here about your tech issues is NOT the same as reporting them to customer service. Even if you post the issues here, you still have to contact CS through the green envelope at the bottom right of this page so that they can have a record of your problem. Customer service cannot add issues to their record keeping system from forum posts.

HTH!

BTW, I finished the game without any technical issues including "access violation" or "corrupted profile". I played on a Vista laptop with a lot (112 G of free hard drive space and 3 GB of RAM.

VenusHun
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by VenusHun on Nov 30, 09 9:47 PM
I have reported this to customer service. thank you

jamary
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by jamary on Dec 1, 09 8:48 AM
I also reported to cs on the 28th and haven't heard a thing from them. I will wait one more day and contact them again. $19.95 is a lot for a game that I can not play without getting booted with corrupt profiles and starting over 3 times.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Dec 1, 09 11:19 AM
I have 191 GB Free and Mine has a corrupt profile as well. I agree $19.95 is a bit much to pay and have that happen. I too have reported to CS using the link but have not heard a thing from them yet. Hope we will shortly.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Dec 1, 09 11:47 AM
When I have contacted CS they usually state they will get back to me within 48 hours. Bear in mind that we are just coming off a holiday weekend so they may be a little backed up.

[Post New]by sandekw on Dec 1, 09 12:42 PM
I have played through most of the Dire Grove game, but am running into problems with two of the minigames -- the ones with 2 of the students' bodies. One is the cross where you have to move the tiles by sliding them. The other is the circles that are supposed to rotate around to form a picture. Both of these games appear to be frozen. I can't get either of them to move. Can you please help?

Thanks. I'm really enjoying the game overall, but am frustrated with this issue.

Sande Woodson

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Dec 1, 09 1:26 PM
I did get an email from them today asking me to send them a couple of things. They said they are aware of the issue and are working to solve them. They wanted me to send a copy of the corrupted profile but that one I was unable to as neither of my email accounts were able to send it. Kept saying it might be too large. Not sure what the issue is but I did send them the other info they needed. Hopefully they will get this corrected if possible shortly.

[Post New]by shado210 on Dec 2, 09 3:37 AM
I too had the access violation with the subsequent deletion of my profile. I sent a message to CS and was told to download a file so they could access my computer--a DrFelix. I was told to send two different files.

I sent the two files that they needed. They had a suggestion for a driver update, but stated that the game should be able to run on my PC. No help/fix for restoring my profile though. I did take a look at the profile and of course, all Greek to me.

But is there a way to restore the profile that I still have on my computer? I had already played one time through. I was playing a second time to find the felixes and the morph items and then it crashed after finding three of the college students.

So anyway to restore a profile?

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Dec 2, 09 10:02 AM
Hi folks!

For those of you running into the access violation, this is an issue that our development team is working on. However, you can help by not only contacting Customer Support, but by providing them with a screen shot of the error.

If you've never taken a screen shot before, click here now to read instructions on how to do this before you attempt to play the game again.

After taking and saving your screen shot, click here to go to our Help pages. Then, click on "Contact Us" on the left and send us an e-mail with the screen shot attached. To attach your screen shot, just click on the "browse" button next to the "Attach File(s)" field, locate the file on your computer, then click "ok."

Thanks, everybody!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Edited on 12/02/2009 at 10:02:56 AM PST

[Post New]by tobal2 on Dec 2, 09 1:28 PM
I am at the near end of game, prob is when I opened the suitcase there is nothing to click on. So I do not have the symbols page in order to unscramble the stones in the ruins. please advise.

VenusHun
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by VenusHun on Dec 2, 09 5:32 PM
tobal2 wrote:I am at the near end of game, prob is when I opened the suitcase there is nothing to click on. So I do not have the symbols page in order to unscramble the stones in the ruins. please advise.

this is the only thing that i can suggest for this issue as i can not make the symbols on my computer, go to this link http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-case-files-dire-grove-walkthrough/ and then scroll down just a bit then click on the chapter 7 link and scroll down a bit more and you will see a picture of the symbols, just dont read whats on the page unless you dont mind the spoilers.

good luck i hope this helps

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 2, 09 5:37 PM
tobal2 wrote:I am at the near end of game, prob is when I opened the suitcase there is nothing to click on. So I do not have the symbols page in order to unscramble the stones in the ruins. please advise.

I thought the same thing happened to me when I played it the second time (The first time I was deleted and became corrupted, or was I corrupted and then . . . no it can't be that . . . ) ANYWAY ... Check in your book in the lower left corner of the screen. It gets saved straight there!

Jules

lauramarie8
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lauramarie8 on Dec 3, 09 6:24 PM
govegril wrote:At near end of game- access violation. On restarting game a message that profile is corrupt and the profile deleted.

I have the same prob....
laura

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Dec 4, 09 1:55 AM
Bought this game but runs very slow and stops now and then, i contacted support team and within a few hours they replied to say i have to run dr Felix and send the results, i did so and within one hour they replied to say my computer has only 512 ram so they gave me the advice to download adobe flash and shockwave. I will try once again and if it does not work they will give a refund.
So a big thanks to the support team for efficient and quick help

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Dec 4, 09 5:04 AM
I have just DL the update after my game crashed. I had found the third student and was working on the fourth when I had a total meltdown and had to turn off my computer at the button to restart. Just a heads up, the update requires you to DL the entire game again. I find this quite disconcerting, it is a large file. My computer meets all specs and is upto date so I don't understand why it crashed... I had this happen in a great game a couple of years ago and I just had to give up and uninstall and was extremely disappointed. I wish I could remember the name of the game, it el
udes me atm, I had played about 4 hours and then I could not continue. Again, as I said really disappointing.
I will go back now after DL the update and see where I'm at. Will let you all know. Tracey

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Dec 4, 09 5:15 AM
OK so I've gone back into my game after the update. My profile is still there and it appears that I have not regressed in the game which is great. The third student still shows up as found. I always get a little worried when my fans (computer) start running at full capacity. The fans were running full tilt for about half an hour before the game shut down. I do have to wonder whether or not my computer was trying to do something else in the meantime.... Food for thought I guess??

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Dec 4, 09 6:24 AM
Just noticed there is an update in the games manager, don't know what it fixes though. Just downloading it .

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 4, 09 12:56 PM
You would think with as much experience on here that I've had I'd know this by now --- but --- do I have to uninstall the previous game BEFORE I install the update?

Jule

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Dec 4, 09 12:58 PM
Okay ... I've now read the update thread and that pretty much answered my previous question --- I know, I know -- "Read to the bottom of the Page Jule!!!"

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Dec 4, 09 2:21 PM
Here is my 2 cents on the upgrade. The game is built on an Adobe platform and Dire Grove really pushed it to the limit of the capabilities and the Adobe platfrom has some memory management issues ties to certain computer "chipsets"...not just on older slower computers. The new version of Dire Grove that you can upgrade to via Game Manager does two things better:
1) It reduces memory requirements on certain scenes where some people were seeing a crash bug
2) If the game does crash due to memory issues, it will no longer lose your progress

While this bug affects a very small group, it was pretty tragic to lose your progress. The new build will reduce, but may not completely eliminate all memory crashes, but most importantly it DOES fix the lost progress issue if you do experience a crash.

Whether you are a first time downloader or are upgrading from an existing version, the upgrade is seamless and just works. (i.e. it is now impossible to accidentally get the older version).

If you have not had any problems with the game you do not need to upgrade, but if you do, it will not cause any negative affect other than the time it takes to download it again.

Hope that helps!

Picman

Edited on 12/04/2009 at 2:26:56 PM PST

Go to: