Re:Echoes of the Past: Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 9:14 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3.5 stars
Gameplay – 3.5 stars
Overall – 3.25 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

viv76
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by viv76 on Jul 14, 11 6:14 AM
Completed it in under 3 hours, did enjoy it and refered to the walkthrough twice, just a bit too short for me, if I'm buying a game I prefer around 6 hours gameplay at least, so although it's a fun game I wish I'd left it

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Jul 29, 11 8:53 PM
hannah57 wrote:I played the demo and I wasn't happy to see yet another HOG. Why in the heck can't these developers come up with new games that don't always have to include a hidden object part???? I think I may have bought this game if not for the HOG parts. I see no reasoning in having to have this in so many games. I know alot of players enjoy HOGs but I for one, am kinda sick and tired of them, sorry BF.
I just want to veer off topic here for a minute if I could. I watched the movie ANGELS AND DEMONS last night and after the movie I thought, wouldn't it be brilliant if some developer made a game from this movie. If it was made right, without a HOG section, but if they followed the storyline and keep it fun but realistic, I would love to play that.

Now you know why "Echoes of the Past" is located in the HIDDEN OBJECT SECTION of Big Fish games!

[Post New]by sweetpeel on Aug 4, 11 3:35 PM
help i am stuck with weights how do i get it moved help me

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 6, 11 6:34 PM
I enjoyed this, by and large. "Castle of Shadows" was my first BFG, and I hadn't realized it was a sequel until I saw this being offered as the deal of the day. I'm not sure I get how the two stories tie together, to be honest, but outside of that this was great. The graphics are beautiful, the puzzles are challenging, and the story is engaging. I was fully mistaken as to the identity of the story's villain until just before the end! I'm definitely glad I purchased this.

crowtrobot
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by crowtrobot on Aug 17, 11 3:01 PM
Started reading the comments on this thread and I am baffled. Why do people get upset that Hidden Object Games have Hidden Object puzzles in them? That is the point of calling it a Hidden Object Game. For those who prefer Adventure Games, isn't there an Adventure genre on this site? If you play a trial version, you will have time to see the **** puzzles with the list of objects to find. If you don't like that kind of thing, then don't buy the game.

Personally, I loved this game, although not crazy about the music or the accents of the characters. But the graphics were spooky enough and the mini-games were good.

LittleFish884
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,181 Posts

[Post New]by LittleFish884 on Nov 29, 11 4:53 AM
Fairly enjoyable game. My main problem was the length, seemed a bit short, & without giving anything away, I thought the ending a bit weak. However, in saying that, the game was enjoyable, with gorgeous graphics, & interesting puzzles. There is also a nice mix of 'adventuring' inter-spaced with challenging hidden object scenes.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 2:07 PM
This is a challenging game in the series, no easy to play, but with enough mystery and a nice twist to the ****.

I like it very much and spend my time playing it.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 24, 12 6:17 PM
The artwork/graphics are beautiful, some of the best I've seen. Easy to get from one scene to another the music and sounds are fitting to the storyline.

Enjoyed this game andd will most likely play it again.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 24, 12 1:33 AM
Too hard.

The first few scenes aren't to bad, but by the time I found my way to the garden, I couldn't figure out what to do next and every step required the help of the walkthrough. From that point on it was exit game, check walkthrough, reenter game, carry out what the walkthrough instruction, exit game, check walkthrough, etc.

I give up.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 24, 12 1:40 AM
rlk0045 wrote:I liked this game so much that I have played it over again four times in the last seven days. It is a lot of fun!

I see this a lot in various game forums, but for the life of me, I don't understand. Why would anyone re-play a game they've already played? Once you've played it and know where everything is, what's the fun in repeating the same thing over and over again?

beckiev
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by beckiev on Apr 9, 12 9:41 AM
Items way too small for these old eyes...will play review for games from now on!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on May 22, 12 3:53 PM
I got this game in haste because Big Fish had a special where you could get extra punches for the games you got a while back. I was late finding out about the special so I got some games in a hurry. What a mistake that was I broke the greatest Rule in the Fish Pond--try the game before you buy it. In fact in my haste to get games I broke the Rule more than once and now I really regret it. I have several games I can't play even with walkthroughs I wish Big Fish had a buyer's remorse policy where you could exchange games. But believe me I have learned my lesson I will never buy another game without trying it first!!!!!!!!!!

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jun 2, 12 5:26 AM
roaming wrote:Too hard.

The first few scenes aren't to bad, but by the time I found my way to the garden, I couldn't figure out what to do next and every step required the help of the walkthrough. From that point on it was exit game, check walkthrough, reenter game, carry out what the walkthrough instruction, exit game, check walkthrough, etc.

I give up.

Sounds like me, but I even got to the point where the walkthrough wasn't helping me any

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jun 3, 12 2:50 AM
I can't believe it, but I have made some good progress on this game--finally

Edited on 06/03/2012 at 2:51:06 AM PST

FreeBird01
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by FreeBird01 on Jun 3, 12 11:59 PM
I finally did "finish" the game, if you can call that a finish? Truly lame

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jul 21, 12 8:07 PM
At first, I became frustrated, then as I got into the game, it made more sense and was fun to play. Was it as good as the Castle? Nope, at least not to me.
But we all have our opinions, right?
All in all, it was a good game but not a great game.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 5, 12 7:23 AM
enjoyed this game, challenging puzzles graphics were very good. liked the little stories throughout when u saved someone. but i finished the game with a magic potion in my inventory i have been thru the walk thru many times and can't seen to find someone i did not save. is this a glitch !!

[Post New]by jodellrobbins on Sep 5, 12 8:32 PM
BransonBel wrote:Knew I was going to buy it after reading all the great reviews, but did the demo anyway, and after about 10 min. quickly hit "buy now!" I love the music and sound effects, and much to my disbelief, I have done the mini-puzzles w/o any help, from the walkthrough OR my daughter! Not saying they are easy, but with a little thought very do-able. Taking my time and enjoying the ride. What fun! Will keep me busy until the reg. version of the new MCF comes out. Thank you !!

4Cingere
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by 4Cingere on Jan 2, 13 11:47 PM
Some of the aspects were annoying as no way to turn off tutorial or sparkles and clicking didn't move the conversation along well. I also didn't like the use of blurry graphics to hide things.
On the other hand, it's an older game and we weren't demanding all those controls back then so...
I give it a 5 ,in consideration of it's age it's pretty good.

Go to: