jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 29, 16 5:33 AM
Well, I managed to get through most of this game without the usual Fatal Access Error, but, as in every game I've ever had from this developer, it did happen, about 1/2 way through the bonus game. I'm hoping to be able to finish by stopping and restarting when the error happens, as I'm sure it will.

Since it's a good game, I'll go my best, but I'd really like an adequate explanation as to why it happens when I've played most of the game with zero problems. That's a question I've asked before, and no answer that made sense, has ever been forthcoming.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by momheck1 on Mar 31, 16 11:01 AM
Bought a hundred or so games and this is the only one I've had a problem with. STUCK in chapel, windows 7. Wheres the patch?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sckim815 on Apr 5, 16 7:34 PM
I am on page 33 of the Strategy Guide and nothing works. I cannot get into the HOS or the area with the pumpkin at the bottom of the lights nor can I get into the building. I also cannot get into the map. The only things that work are the Menu and the Strategy Guide. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game but the situation remains the same. Please advise as I would like to finish playing the game. Thanks

I went back and replayed the game with a different profile and this time I did not get stuck. I played the game all the way to the end, even did the bonus game. It was a great game!

Edited on 04/12/2016 at 11:24:36 PM PST

[Post New]by mmyers63 on Apr 6, 16 9:17 AM
Game is stuck. I have the custom pointer but I can't click on anything except for the menu button and the guide button. Map and hint don't work and I can't click on any of the active spots. The game was running just fine until I came back to the treehouse screen for the second HOP that appears in the treehouse. I have tried to do a manual update but it says the game is up to date

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Apr 7, 16 2:48 PM
I got stuck on the first Hidden Objects scene. Deleting game! Shame on you, Big Fish!

[Post New]by jmmyfn on Apr 9, 16 1:02 PM
I have tried to get help installing this game and have done what was told and it still comes back "have to install security key". I think I am going bonkers. After reading what else will happen if I ever get it installed, just thinking about pulling the plug. I am on pc windows7.Can you help or I have just lost.

[Post New]by Arielrisk on Apr 9, 16 11:36 PM
Playing on PC with Win 7 and just about to find the kid when there's a Fatal Access Error - Can't find Heritage Book 3. Had to restart because it wouldn't shut down even with task mgr and now it won't load. Shame - it was a good game till then

[Post New]by jazzinjade on Apr 11, 16 8:35 PM
Trouble with the puppet dolls. Dressed the male completely but all I can get on female are the shoes. Hint button says to use the green outfit that looks nothing like the dress on her in the picture, but it doesn't work! Windows 10 is OS.

TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bdatru1 on Apr 16, 16 2:48 PM
I paid 2 credits for this game. It was really fun and I was going to buy other volumes but then I got quite a way through and it sticks on a page. It wont open the map or the tasks or click or hint nothing opens except the menu. I am reinstalling and am guessing I will have to start over. I was trying to troubleshoot problems and stumbled upon the answers for the whole game right there. I never saw a gamethat had the answers for each page if you click on legend. I just downloaded the sequence for the free trial and am no longer interested.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Apr 28, 16 3:00 PM
Windows 10, stuck in chapel, all they want to do is give me a different game, obviously not fix this one. Third one in less than two months. Now, why would I buy this game and not want it (assuming it worked right). But seeing all these other posts on the same problem, never resolved, I guess I will have to go that route.

BIG FISH, CHANGE YOUR POLICY!!!! I used to be a Big Fish fan, have subscribed for years, now I'm cashing out, just trying to find a games that actually work before I leave. Used to love BF, it had GREAT service, which is totally trash now. You email back and forth several times before you even talk to a human, who then asks you the exact same questions you already answered in your original email. Getting stuck half way through a game, no I DON'T want a new game, I want to buy a game that WORKS!!!! Guess that is too much to ask from BF now.

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Westel on Apr 29, 16 7:33 PM
Stanj1 wrote:Downloaded the update, everything worked fine. Didn't realize how close I was to the finish. Sad that it took so long, but very happy to finally get to the end!

HOW did you download the update? I see nothing on my Game Manager about an update. I've just deleted my download and am re-downloading the game. Will the patch be in place then?

Why are the Forum Mods so silent on this issue? I'm like many others - I don't like spending my money on games that have major - and I mean MAJOR - glitches!!!!

Stuck in Barn Attic moving last picture puzzle piece....

[Post New]by nluedeman on May 27, 16 8:08 AM
Stuck in barn attic. Found all hidden objects and moved three picture puzzle pieces over to the box. However I'm unable to click last puzzle piece (far left) to put in the lid of the picture puzzle box.

Windows 10

[Post New]by shooze5 on May 29, 16 1:23 AM
just installed the update and it did nothing. map shows rooms with available actions and hint button will zone in, but you can't click on the area. 3 spots so far in the game with this issue and i haven't made it to the chapel others are talking about

[Post New]by camerashyinma on Jun 7, 16 2:22 PM
I didn't buy this game right away so I presume that I got the updated version when I purchased it. It didn't freeze, had no trouble loading, and generally worked perfectly until I got to the bonus game. I opened a box in the car and a mug appeared on the screen. I think it is SUPPOSED to be one of the mini-puzzles where the pieces appear only when the window is open. But the mug is complete; there's nothing I can do with it. I can tell I'm supposed to put snow or ice in it and melt it in the fire-pit but it doesn't work as it should.

Roses on the Door

[Post New]by osmithdeal on Jul 6, 16 4:45 PM
Sadeyed wrote:When I get to the part where you have to select the roses on the door, nothing happens when I select the first one.

To be sure I was doing the right thing I checked the guide and used the hint (something I never usually do). I also restarted the game.

I am really getting fed up with this now BF. This is the 3rd game in a short time where I'm probably going to have to start from the beginning or leave it unfinished due to bugs. Your games aren't cheap, particularly to us Brits (your exchange rate leaves a lot to be desired), and I am disheartened at the lack of QC. I've wasted £30 at least on your products and this is just not acceptable.

Seriously thinking of cancelling my membership. [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 3:42:12 PM PST

[Post New]by osmithdeal on Jul 6, 16 4:49 PM
I am using Windows 7, I am stuck in Sonia's room, It will not let me go to the desk but when I hit hint that is where it takes me. I cannot go any further. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game. I am like everyone else, [Removed by Moderator]. I just want to be able to play the game I paid for, [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 3:40:19 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition

[Post New]by osmithdeal on Jul 6, 16 4:57 PM
I know you people can get a fix for this game. Why won't you do it so we can play the game. I have looked at all the post, and it appears you have done nothing to fix this problem. I am using Windows 7, everything is up to date, i have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it still won't fix the problem, [Removed by Moderator] I have had big fish for at least 5 years. You use to be able to get things fixed but since you were bought out the response for problems are atrocious, and I am really getting tired of it.

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 3:38:41 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jul 7, 16 3:36 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for continuing to report issues seen in this game. As a clarification, the Forum Moderation team continues to share the experiences of our players with the appropriate teams involved with this game, and when a developer is able to correct identified issues, an update is made on the site. This remains the process for handling technical issues that are reported on the forums and we on the Forum Moderation Team continue to advocate for the players of our games, whether that be for fixes, suggestions, or reviews of the game being talked about.

While we do appreciate talking about the technical issues here in this thread, we do ask that our Forum Rules are followed while posting, specifically:
Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.
Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.
Keep private matters private. Do not repost or discuss any private messages or emails you receive from other forum users, moderators, or Customer Support. Protect the privacy of other forum users by keeping real names and emails out of public posts.

By following the rules, we help keep our forums an accessible, approachable, and friendly place to discuss our games with one another.

Also, while Moderators are able to provide basic support for known tech issues, we recommend getting in contact with our Technical Support team when an issue moves beyond the troubleshooting steps found in our Help Pages.

Furthermore, when request for assistance is received, a general reply is sent to confirm our system has logged the request and that a representative will be in touch as soon as they can. I recommend replying to this email, which will show our Technical Support team that you would like individualized support for the particular issue being faced. By staying in contact with Technical Support, our support teams can use the tools and expertise they have to cre

Edited on 07/07/2016 at 3:47:51 PM PST

bookworm42
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bookworm42 on Jul 21, 16 4:21 PM
im stuck on the game, with the tree and the runes.nothing happens when i click on the runes and i have no option to skip or whatever ...really fed up

[Post New]by mjg326362 on Jan 16, 17 4:10 AM
So the bad new is that, nearly 9 months after the initial flurry of complaints, I'M now stuck in the chapel. Same as all the others, I've got the burner and the flask telling me to do something but I can't click on either of those let alone anything else in the scene. I switched and did the puzzle and now it's finished it just takes me back to the chapel scene..... nothing can be done anywhere else. The scroll is blank so no HO to find. Given that I only recently bought this game, I was hoping that I'd find some solution in this thread!
Windows 10.

Go to: