Comments and Reviews

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by roaming on Jan 19, 12 12:42 AM
Pretty, storybook-style graphics that would appeal to young players, maybe between 11 to 14. There seem to be more puzzles than HOS. I was completely bored and dis-enchanted (haha) after about 10 minutes.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Jan 23, 12 6:20 PM
Any more sequels to the Awakening? I got and own this one and moonlit woods and Goblin Kingdom. Will there ever be a game where Sophia actually and finally meets Humans? I'm waiting!

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Jan 23, 12 6:23 PM
roaming wrote:Pretty, storybook-style graphics that would appeal to young players, maybe between 11 to 14. There seem to be more puzzles than HOS. I was completely bored and dis-enchanted (haha) after about 10 minutes.

I'm 56 and I love the series and want more! I don't know what your problem is

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Jan 23, 12 6:39 PM
ThaliaGirl wrote:Seems to Glitchy and beta to me. I collected all 10 vegetables and no key popped up, I was therefore stuck after 50min. I quit out of the demo and gave up. The fairy hint giver is useless, she either shows you things from tasks you already completed or circles objects you already know you have to complete. Beautiful graphics, but not user friendly.

After collecting your ten veggies you throw em in the pot that is boiling over fire in the fireplace. If you have no fire, then you must be doing the whole game wrong. I've been playing this game hundreds of times. It's easy as pie for me.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Apr 30, 12 6:42 AM
This is the first in a trilogy of ‘Awakening’ games from my favourite developer Boomzap; it has the usual beautiful fairy-tale artwork & bright cheerful clear graphics that I associate with them. Unusually there is a choice of 4 languages & although the few cut scenes still retain spoken English the clues & other writing through the game are in the chosen language.

There is no choice of gameplay mode so expect sparkles to abound anywhere of interest, the hint recharges in 60 seconds. This is useful in the hidden object scenes but of limited value in the main scenes; if you clear all the open tasks in a scene & then select the hint it will still point at the one task that you cannot complete until you have found a specific object. This can be a little frustrating as it is not always obvious what your next move is so you might end up wandering through scenes trying to recall what needs to be done.

The cursor does tend to be obstinate on some items & it can take several clicks to pick things up, this occurred to me quite a lot; be warned some of the items to collect are very small.

There are not many H0 scenes; this game is about solving puzzles for which you usually have to gather a number of items or mini games most of which are easy; they tend to be of the Simon Says; match items; move tiles to create picture; mah-jong type.

The game took me around two hours to finish so isn’t very long but it is worth playing & once you finish you can play unlimited Goblinjong which is a mah-jong matching game. As you play the levels of this extra you learn more about the world of Awakening.

Too easy for experienced gamers & rather too feminine for the male population but a lovely game to play nonetheless.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on May 28, 12 2:56 PM
Remember now why I stopped playing this after 5 minutes. It has a HORRID clicking penalty. 2 or 3 clicks in a HOG scenes brings about the mindless idiotic circling cursor. I just finished the Goblin Kingdom of this brand, it was great. Went back to this, and remembered why I gave it up.

And that is my review. It can be the greatest game in the world but clicking penalties render it unplayable, at least for me.

[Post New]by master_lor on Jul 3, 12 11:30 PM
Lovely game. Maybe not exactly my type, but still I like it!

It's a buy for me!

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jul 5, 12 8:14 PM
Just finished playing this game and I really enjoyed it. A bit challenging, but nothing frustrating. After I played Awakening: Moonfell Wood, I knew I had to play another "Awakening" game.

Glad I bought it!

Loraia
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Loraia on Jul 26, 12 9:53 AM
Graphics were nice. Game play was easy. I usually need at least a bit of a nudge once or twice, but not this time. I finished the game in 2 hours 23 minutes according to the in-game clock at the end. I watched all the cut scenes at their pace. Not a bad game but way too short for me.

OZBUTCH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

HOG games

[Post New]by OZBUTCH on Jul 30, 12 5:40 AM
I think it's amazing how many poor people there are in the western world who say thye 'wasted' their $7!! Any game 2 hours or more is good value. I have to say though I am SICK of HOGs. They are boring repititious and I get no fun out of them at all. it seems like 90% of the adventure games are these. BOOORRRING!

[Post New]by GeorgeXXIII on Aug 7, 12 7:37 AM
I liked this game. It kept me pleasntly engaged for about 2 hours 52 minutes and 11 seconds.

[Post New]by dianafromtexas on Sep 19, 12 3:18 PM
SMQMC wrote:I have to say, this is one of the most difficult HOGs I've ever played! If it weren't for the Walk Through, I never would have made it, and even with the Walk Through, it was at times totally confusing. The hint system stinks and you can't always remember where all the rooms are. More time is spent clicking back and forth to different areas before you can find the one you want and then it turns out not be the one you really need! Maybe some of you played this in 4 hours, but it took me 6-1/2 hours of trying to find where things were and where they went. Cute little story and nice graphics, but I think it was totally out of my league. When you need a Walk Through every step of the way, it's no fun any more. Too difficult and not much fun because of the constant searching. Sorry.

[Post New]by dianafromtexas on Sep 19, 12 3:21 PM
Hi SmQmc,

I can't find the walkthrough. Where did you find it? I am stuck trying to get across the water but can't figure out what to do with the ring, burnt stick, pink gem and other items that don't seem to have a place to be played. I need the moon for the rock by the waterfall, I think to go any further

GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 19, 13 6:42 AM
GAME COMPLETED SEVERAL TIMES
Absolutely Gorgeous!

Story: After awakening in a mysterious castle, it’s up to you to prove yourself worthy of the legendary Light In The Dark, escape the castle and save all the kingdoms.

Developer: BoomZap
Release Date: Feb 2010
Extras: Game Timer, Unlimited GoblinJong, Faerie Companion

I am embarrassed to admit that all four times I’ve started this game I have had to resort to the walkthrough in the beginning. Later, the game seems to make more sense . After all, the story is simple enough, the problem is getting a handle on a different style of HOs.

There are only a couple of HOs with lists, yet almost everything that needs doing means looking around in the location for the “10 map pieces” etc. And many of the items are quite difficult to find, and occasionally too small.

There are by far many more puzzles, but without exception they are well within my amateur grasp.

The artwork is the real reason I like the games in this series. The entire Awakening series are glorious visually. They’re just so darned pretty I could spend all day happily plodding along. Now I think about that’s pretty much what I’ve just done.

And by the way,who was that mysterious goblin?

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 2:23:14 AM PST

tjwilson
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by tjwilson on Mar 3, 13 8:26 PM
I liked this game, even though sometimes you don't know where to go or what to do next. But I love HOG that have fairies and magic, so I muddled my way through with the help of the walkthrough. Tough game because the logic isn't there in some instances (logical progression). Graphics are good, could be better.

Go to: