silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:we few, we happy few, we band of DQ'ers

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 10, 17 3:08 PM
Castle Date June 10

I finally got finished with my personal things today. Finally able to take a break and enter the Castle.

With 4 hours left until GMT I got one DQ on each game and all 20 orbs on each game. Though it was a long fight of fast as possible non-stop HOS searches for two hours, since I didn't know how long it would take or if I'd even make the 20 today.

Game 1: Competition / Ancient Picture (skip)

Game 2: Something New / Legendary Scroll (skip)

Break time to give my arm a rest for the next couple of hours until GMT.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 10, 17 5:47 PM
Managed to get all 20 energy balls on Game #1, but only 15 on game #2.

Castle date June 11

Game #1
Another Potion
Strange Papers
Something New
Knowledge Hunter (pass)

Game #2
Legendary Scroll
Inspiration
Something New
Robbery of the Century (pass)

It's midnight GMT and I got a new quest now
(Come on, baby, play Another Potion)
It isn't the worst one but it isn't the best now
(Come on, baby, play Another Potion)
Visiting the Rock Garden will take four Forged Keys
And I'll need two torches for the Burnt Tree
So come on, come, play Another Potion with me.

Edited on 06/11/2017 at 2:53:55 PM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jun 10, 17 5:53 PM
HaHaHa! Catchy! Tapping my feet

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 10, 17 8:40 PM
Love your melody Tirama Sue

Castle Date June 11

Game 1: In the Service of the Record Keeper / Something New / Helpful Device / Strange Papers / What's Going On?

Game 2: Secret Delivery / Rare Editions / Lost Pages

Between both games I'm...

Working "In the Service of the Record Keeper" making a "Special Delivery" of "Rare Editions". This is "Something New" I've never seen. I took a peak between the covers and discovered there are some "Lost Pages". The proceeding pages mention a "Helpful Device". I wonder what that could be? These are some very "Strange Papers"... "What's Going On?"

Edited on 06/11/2017 at 3:09:18 PM PST

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Jun 10, 17 9:28 PM
I have finally given in to join the DQ'ers. I have read this thread from page 1...You all have probably saved me many $ and diamonds..... I have finished 2 3parters t0 get a feel for this thing. All I ca say is I am glad to be with the doers..... Don't have an inventory yet on how many of what but I will be reporting as soon as I can get my @@@@@ together.... Ellen reporting in......

Love the forum....

Ellen

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 10, 17 9:29 PM
ellenkcl wrote:I have finally given in to join the DQ'ers.

Welcome to the DQ club

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 11, 17 8:18 AM
silver_hawk wrote:Love your melody Tirama Sue

Castle Date June 11

Game 1: In the Service of the Record Keeper

Game 2: Secret Delivery / Rare Editions

Between both games I'm...

Working "In the Service of the Record Keeper" making a "Special Delivery" of "Rare Editions"... TBC...

Okay, I can do that.

Preparing "Another Potion" by following the recipe written on the "Legendary Scroll" provided "Inspiration" for me to search the "Strange Papers" for "Something New", however, though it's good to be a "Knowledge Hunter", knowing about about an upcoming "Robbery of the Century" could prove to be dangerous.

Edited on 06/11/2017 at 2:56:28 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jun 11, 17 10:32 AM
ellenkcl wrote:I have finally given in to join the DQ'ers. I have read this thread from page 1...You all have probably saved me many $ and diamonds..... I have finished 2 3parters t0 get a feel for this thing. All I ca say is I am glad to be with the doers..... Don't have an inventory yet on how many of what but I will be reporting as soon as I can get my @@@@@ together.... Ellen reporting in......

Love the forum....

Ellen

Join the MC insomniacs and "funny farm" inhabitants

It is "Hotel California" all over again!
Where do I send the flowers?

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Jun 11, 17 11:01 AM
I have finally decided to join the DQ'ers, too. The blue key thing got out of hand when every character is requesting something like the telescope (3 pole stars), the Antique Globe (also 3 pole stars), the Bow Figurine (2 each of Seed of Life & Bear Fury, both of which are found in the Elvish Bas Relief - so 4 times doing that HOS - and 2 banners), etc. Tried waiting until 2 or more characters needed the same thing, but that only worked for a few weeks. So, finally, I am on the DQ path. Read a lot of the comments on this site, and got a few good tips. Thanks to all. ShaSha

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 11, 17 2:06 PM
I just finished my DQ story.

I like yours too Tirama Sue.

This is kinda fun. Can't wait to see what story is evolving next.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 11, 17 3:42 PM
silver_hawk wrote:I just finished my DQ story.

I like yours too Tirama Sue.

This is kinda fun. Can't wait to see what story is evolving next.

If we're this punchy after less than a month of DQ'ing, I can't imagine what we'll be like by the time the Fall Event rolls around.

I managed to get all 20 energy balls in both games. Took me a long time to finish Something New because in game #1, Trina kept giving me quests for HO's, and in game #2, I had to send some ugly airships out empty.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 11, 17 3:57 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

If we're this punchy after less than a month of DQ'ing, I can't imagine what we'll be like by the time the Fall Event rolls around.

I managed to get all 20 energy balls in both games. Took me a long time to finish Something New because in game #1, Trina kept giving me quests for HO's, and in game #2, I had to send some ugly airships out empty.

I think by the time the Fall Event rolls around we'll all be cheering of a forced break from DQ's

Took me all day to finally get the energy in game 1. Game 2 had them all first thing this morning.

Spent a lot in diamonds between both games to reopen dice tables and call back airships. Game 2 I had to call back the airship twice to fill the 240 airship in Lost Pages. First airship was 99, second was 111, so I had to send a third to complete the order . There went 8 diamonds for one part of a quest.

When it returned on it's own afterward it was at 132. Now why couldn't it have been that on the first and second. Oh well. Time to play more puzzles to try and earn the diamonds back.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 11, 17 5:54 PM
Castle Date June 12

Game 1: Birth of Goo / New Knowledge / Birth of Goo (Really??) Pass

Game 2: Secret Delivery / In the Service of the Record Keeper / Strange Papers

I was visiting Potionmant one afternoon when he received a "Secret Delivery". An ancient manuscript that detailed the procedure for creating the "Birth of Goo". He's going to try it. I'm a bit nervous . Some of his experiments have gone poorly in the past. I left Potionmant to his project and on my way home I was summoned by Librender. He said I was to go back "In the Service of the Record Keeper" to search for "New Knowledge" amongst the "Strange Papers" in the Castle archives.

Edited on 06/12/2017 at 3:53:37 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 11, 17 6:04 PM
Castle Date: June 12

Game #1
Robbery of the Century
Day One (a/k/a/ Three Days of the Castle Explorer) (pass)

Game #2
Rare Editions
Ancient Picture
Experiment
Ancient Picture (again)
O.G.R.E - 13
Studying Luck
In the Service of the Record Keeper (pass)

I should have looked more closely at that information regarding the "Robbery of the Century". Librender just showed up and stole my "Rare Editions"! And his brother Potionmant took my "Ancient Picture"! Apparently, the gnomes are conducting an "Experiment" to see how human react to be being robbed. This was only "Day One" and I could expect to be subjected to two more days of this nonsense. Then Potionmant grabbed another "Ancient Painting". When Mechanogle's golem, "O.G.R.E. - 13" broke down the door and began trashing the place, I had had enough. I called the police, only to be informed that all officers were at a symposium "Studying Luck". The gnomes told me that they would cease and desist only if I agreed to be "In Service to the Record Keeper".

Edited on 06/12/2017 at 11:13:07 AM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Jun 11, 17 6:54 PM
Gnome Spy...

I wasn't lookin', but somehow you found me
I tried to hide from your D - Q
But like heaven above me, Gnome Spy you love me
so keepin' all my Steering Wheels for you

Nobody irks me better
making me work like a mule
Nobody irks me quite the way you do
Why'd you have to be so cruel

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 12, 17 12:12 PM
Note to self...

No more New Knowledge DQ's. Going to skip that one if I get it again. All those trips to the Crypt for:

3 Eight pointed stars - part 5
3 Murderer's Eye - part 5
3 trips to the Crypt - part 7
3 Torches - part 8 (provided that you don't get torches in part 7)

When you're already out of the HOS items for the ZZ's you have extra trips to the Crypt or required to spend diamonds (or puzzles) just to get the DQ done before time runs out at GMT.

THEN there's the issue with airships...
80 Airship - part 6
40 Airship - part 10

When my last airship was to pack for 285 steering wheels and have to do that again on the last part - still waiting for the airship to return to know for sure. That's 190 airship items total gone plus or minus (depending on what my next one is, which will be nearly the same) vs only the 40 airship items actually needed to complete both parts of the DQ.

Yep, another added to the "Don't Do" list.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 12, 17 12:28 PM
Put Eight-Pointed Stars on your wish list tomorrow. My crypt drops them almost as frequently as it drops coins.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 12, 17 12:40 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Put Eight-Pointed Stars on your wish list tomorrow. My crypt drops them almost as frequently as it drops coins.

Thanks. I may or may not. Depends on what tomorrow brings. It's just that I completed Birth of Goo (2 trips to the Armored Bear) today already and then had to do the Armored Bear 3 more times for New Knowledge. I had 5 stars to start off with so I made that ok.

My biggest issue was Torches and Murderer's Eyes (Birth of Goo took my last 2 murderer's eyes). I had 1 Torch and the Crypt gave me everything except torches. I don't dare put those items on my wish list.

There's just too much reliance on the Crypt for most of the DQ's. New Knowledge is overburdened for that HOS and needs a serious adjustment.

Appreciate the offer.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jun 12, 17 12:44 PM
I'm doing fairly well with murderer's eyes if you'd prefer one of those.

Torches and forged keys are giving me grief. Game #2 is going to have to put Another Potion on the Do Not Play list.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 12, 17 1:00 PM
We'll still see what happens at GMT. It could be the games way of telling me to take a DQ break and just do rounds to restock. It's the challenge of the game. Constantly restructuring game play and moving to different strategies.

Believe it or not, having a side quest sitting on quests requiring keys, torch, and runestones has helped. As soon as I use those up then next play of the appropriate HOS will at least replace 1 right away. That has saved me a little aggravation.

If I can get a character side quest wanting me to open the Crystal of Birth and another that can ask to open the Glass Painting would be great. That will take care of murderer's eyes and shard of soul.

Go to: