romedllc
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by romedllc on Jun 4, 10 7:10 PM
LOVE this game!!! The graphics are excellent, the hidden objects are challenging but not too hard with the help button, and some of the scenes are laugh out loud funny!!! HIGHLY RECCOMEND this game!

Does anyone know if the first one is as good as this? Will def. get it with my free credit if it is!

Leonarrdo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Leonarrdo on Jun 4, 10 10:10 PM
The first one is different, but definetly worth trying. Adventures of Robinson Crusoe was one of the best selling titles of 2009, as far as I can rememember.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 5, 10 1:59 AM
carolina67 wrote:Anyone have an idea how long this game is?

Yeah... TOO long!

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Jun 5, 10 2:18 AM
Cross posting from Aunt Imby's thread in Chit-Chat:

Robinson Crusoe and The Cursed Pirates

Ok this one gets a really mixed review. I ended up being disappointed in the game overall... I don't really regret buying it I guess but there are a lot better games I would rather have invested the time in. Maybe grab it on a DD sometime.

The good: Graphics are nice, story is fun and creepy enough to stay interesting and the music was fun and fit the theme which I enjoyed. They mixed up the puzzle types and had some really challenging puzzles (some) which was nice.

The bad: Way too repetitive... it would have been a MUCH better game if they had cut it down by half and done away with a lot of the duplicate screens to play through. Some of the puzzles were really simplistic.. I mean is it REALLY fair to call something that is basically counting from 1 to 10 a puzzle? I don't think so... at least not after you leave nursery school.

The ugly: Some of the puzzles were just downright lame... sorry but racing a turtle is just a test of how quickly you can click the right and left mouse button. And even worse? How fast can you click a blinking button to win another race?? Really??? REALLY???? More boring and stupid than anything else. And for anyone with any type of arthritis or things like that probably totally unplayable. Thank the drunk monkey there's a skip option!

The really ugly: Feeding a monkey a brew to make him morph into something else was super cool ONCE.. a little cool TWICE but by the third or fourth time you're thinking "What? Again with the stupid monkey? Anyone got a gun already?"

I was really surprised as this got some great reviews... I think if it hadn't been so repetitive and had such simplistic puzzles tossed into the mix (probably BECAUSE it was so repetitive they almost had to do that) it could have been a really stellar game. At first I expected it to be on my top fave list but then as it just went on and on and on and on and on... and on and on and on... and on and on and on... and on and on and on.... ....... ..... ....

romedllc
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by romedllc on Jun 5, 10 6:49 AM
Thanks Leonarrdo! Will def. try it out. I normally dont like these IHOGS as much as others do as I get annoyed always having to go back and forth through different rooms and trying to figure everything out. This one was great fun!!!

Anyone know of any other games like this they can reccomend for a newbie like me?

MSJMOM
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by MSJMOM on Jun 5, 10 9:25 AM
Just finished this game... it always takes me a while because I play a little at a time, so not sure how long the game actually is but I would say fairly long.

I LOVED this game!!! Loved the graphics, the humor, the music (reminded me of WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean), the different puzzles, well all of it! This has to be the best game here I have played!!!!

If I get stuck somewhere, I'll either search the forums for answers, the walkthrough, or hit the hint/skip button.... it's a game afterall, it's suppose to be fun! I did have to get help at times along the way, but it certainly didn't take away from my enjoyment.

Now I need another one like it!!

Lassie1952
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Lassie1952 on Jun 5, 10 2:08 PM
An absolute delight! Clever, funny, creative, fresh--I love the style and pace of this game. Outstanding!!! Would love more like this.

spagbol
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spagbol on Jun 5, 10 3:12 PM
Very funny, great game lots of variety, good artwork and a decent long length - you think it is over and there is suddenly more - 10/10. Loved the music - testing the monkey was well funny! There is nothing not to like in my opinion

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 3:15:39 PM PST

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 5, 10 5:22 PM
It did not take me long to regret purchasing this game. It was mostly bought out of boredom which was a bad idea. You do the same thing over and over and the story is a bit lame. The hint system could be a bit better especially since I am playing in relaxed mode. Good for an hour of entertainment but after that it is boredom city.

gamedancer
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gamedancer on Jun 5, 10 5:36 PM
Oh! my, I love this game. I keep playing but afraid it is going to be ending.
I just wish you could go back and do some of the mimi games over. I think
they are really good. I took a long time in the chapter with the books. And got a
pen and paper and wrote some of the text down.Makes me want to go back and
read some shakepear again. After you finish that part you can't open the books
again. Hope it's longer than some of the other games.Make some more like this.

hendicky
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by hendicky on Jun 6, 10 1:06 PM
This is far better than the first Crusoe game.Much funnier, and a lot longer. Much more diverse than some of the **** games and since Felix has been kinder with giving a little more help, not so frustrating when you get stuck..
I would really recommend this one, and after a few quite bad ones of late, this is a real corker.
PS. Waiting with bated breath for 3 muskateers follow up. Now that is a silly game, but real fun!!

elsie15
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by elsie15 on Jun 7, 10 5:04 AM
Brilliant game, graphics are superb, storyline fun and I didn't get bored with it at all. It is a long game, which is an added bonus for me. Looking forward to the sequel.

hoggette
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by hoggette on Jun 7, 10 7:51 PM
Oddly enough, I agree with those players who liked the game and with others who didn't...much for the same reasons. Enough with the blackspots, monkey and the turtles!! Some blackspots were so easy to get that they felt like storyline padding. I also thought the cave sequence was a huge letdown and the Captain didn't live up to his advance billing.

On the plus side; the graphics were wonderfully done...the title scene with the underwater skull was spookily foreboding and I quite liked the characters...so much so that I wanted more of them than Crusoe! I was hoping Crusoe would go rogue, that the freed pirates would be waiting on the ship.

All things considered it is a entertaining IHOG of decent length that can be played over several sessons without losing interest.

btw- what happened to Crusoe's dog? I thought he escaped the cannibals with Crusoe & Friday.

Leonarrdo
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Leonarrdo on Jun 8, 10 3:35 AM
Really , what happened with dog ?

AshleyD1979
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by AshleyD1979 on Jun 9, 10 10:34 AM
Very well done and a high quality game. I generally get bored to tears with straight up HOG games but this mixed it up enough to where it didn't feel monotonous. It also seems you don't repeat the same scene twice except for the little finale run through.

To me, that is a huge perk. There's no fun in going back to the same scenes over and over again and finding the same objects. This game didn't do that- excellent!

The graphics were AMAZING. Mini puzzles all throughout the game- even in the hidden object scenes. Again, doing this helps break up the monotony so the game developers were smart to have done that.

A+!

[Post New]by krissyharris on Jun 9, 10 4:21 PM
Fernando's Hideaway has been playing too much. I think the music could be better suited, Pirates of the Carribiean? I do like the game though and still playing. Some of the puzzles are difficult and I have been stuck. I love the graphics and special effects....eyes that move, snoring pirates, and pigs, going into the well, etc. Very well put together.

Kashmiraka
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Kashmiraka on Jun 10, 10 11:27 AM
Loved this game! Especially the mini-games which were harder then alot of other games, and very original. And like everyone else is saying, the artwork was gorgeous. I had to skip the turtle race mini game ( I hate skipping) I just couldn't the coordination right. This is one I will play again!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Jun 12, 10 9:41 PM
I am really enjoying this game so much I bought it. I like the different scenarios and the mini games are nicely mixed. To win the item it 'blue' can be quite challenging, some of which I had to skip. The graphics are fantastic as well.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bottle potion thing - what's the point?

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 18, 10 3:09 PM
I have one question and one question only: how many and were the game developers drinking prior to putting this doozie of a gem together? Talk about TOO funny/crazy!!!! Not only was there game character and interaction imagination, but the scenes and the marjority of the items to find - and how you had to find them - were colorful, clear and quite off the chain. My favorite scene character was the pigmy with the drunk, out cold pirate. WHAT in the WORLD was that sound coming from the pigmy????? Even my sister, sitting in another room watching T.V., kept asking me "What is that weird sound?". I thought it too funny!! I've only gotten to chapter 8 or 9 so far (as of this writing), and I'm almost afraid to know what I'll see in the chapters to follow. I didn't catch the name of the game developer (again, as of this writing), but if this is the fashion in which they do, or plan to do, most of their games, they JUST might have something!! This is a must-play by all and. . .maybe it's time for the developers to take what appears to be some "well-needed" time off!!

It's one of the most funniest and entertaining I've played so far and I give it out of 5!!

Edited on 06/18/2010 at 3:17:45 PM PST

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Jun 20, 10 12:02 PM
I love, love , love this game. Best one to come along in a long time. Not too, too difficult but a little testy at times. So much fun I could not stop playing. Love the animation and scenes.
is there anything else out there that has as much to offer as this??

Thanks Big Fish

Edited on 06/20/2010 at 12:05:00 PM PST

Go to: