jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

Re:Post any The Heritage technical issues here only

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on May 26, 10 7:45 PM
I actually trashcanned it after I tried with the update and had the crash after the first locket. I'm shocked that this is on the top 10! (In fact, I'm shocked it's still being offered for sale!)
Thank goodness the problem manifested while I was still doing the trial.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on May 26, 10 8:01 PM
i have the same problem, it's frustrating, to complete a chapter then go back to the beginning, makes me wonder if the BIG FISH put it out to soon

[Post New]by Mrs_Cherokee on May 26, 10 8:29 PM
Its not bigfish it is the developers. I am still having problems. But bigfish always comes through. They don't develop the games so not their fault. Still looks like a fun game and I am still waiting

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 27, 10 10:57 AM
This is a problem that seems to be happening on some specific machines and on Vista only. It would help very much if players who are finding locked at the locket could contact CS describing the problem and using the Dr. Felix tool.

For those who are having this problem: Do the smoke plays? Do the button flashes when you point the mouse over "menu" or "close" or "help", play the sound etc?

Thanks

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on May 27, 10 9:11 PM
This is so fustrating, bought the game without trial and faces with this problem of the locket... I just can't move on from there. Was so happy when BFG says that they fixed the problem so reinstalled the game and still it didn't work.

I want my refund if they can't solve the problem.... so sad, seems like a nice game too.

xeexee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by xeexee on May 27, 10 9:14 PM
brutomemo wrote:This is a problem that seems to be happening on some specific machines and on Vista only. It would help very much if players who are finding locked at the locket could contact CS describing the problem and using the Dr. Felix tool.

For those who are having this problem: Do the smoke plays? Do the button flashes when you point the mouse over "menu" or "close" or "help", play the sound etc?

Thanks

Just sent the zip file to CS using the Dr Felix tool. Hopefully BFG comes up with something helpful. I'm using Vista.

Well, the smoke plays and the button flashes when I point the mouse over them and they play the sound, but nothing happens when I try clicking on them except for the help button... where the help dialogue box will come up when I click on it, not so for menu and close.

asquared
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by asquared on May 28, 10 6:49 AM
I'm seeing the same thing as xeexee. I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I'll contact support now.

[Post New]by donna_lee2004 on May 28, 10 8:26 AM
First I would like to say thank you to BF for giving me a credit for this game, very much appreciated.
I thought I would give the game another go, so tried playing once more, you can imagine how happy and impressed I was to reach the end of Chapter 9 only to come up with an empty locket and the game froze so ctrl/alt/del once again. Oh well, I am still waiting for the permanent 'fix' as I was enjoying it so far.

[Post New]by ThomasCat on May 28, 10 9:43 AM
Yet again .......................sigh .

Completed chapter 9 before being returned to chapter 1

Do you do refunds ?

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 28, 10 3:36 PM
The problem has been found and fixed as of now. A new build will be available once all the tests are done on several different machines, to ensure the save and loading functionality on a maximum variety of computers and OS.

Again, my apologies to every one.

brutomemo
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by brutomemo on May 29, 10 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

the new fix is out! Thanks to BFG who helped in the testing as they could reproduce the issue in some of their machines.

Make sure the text "The Heritage 1.0.4" is displayed on the bottom right of the main screen. This guarantee you have the latest version.

Also thanks for you players for your continued support and patience.

All the best and have a great weekend/holiday.

Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by Cjb58 on May 29, 10 3:20 PM
I'm at Chapter 13-1. There is no sparkling area in the portrait. I get the arrow to go to the next room but it won't work. I just did "new update available". I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't work.

[Post New]by chris122049 on May 29, 10 3:45 PM
You can't adjust the sound., It adjusts as long as you are in the options but as soon as you come out of options, the sound goes right back up again.

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on May 29, 10 4:20 PM
That's it I give up,

Somebody tell me how this game ends.

I get to chapter 20 use the key on the door, solve the butterfly game and then I see a screen with a static photo and the game ends.

Is that it????

Peace

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on May 29, 10 4:36 PM
I just downloaded the latest upgrade and now when I get to the level with the box behind the gate, there is no key in my inventory!

JosCafe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JosCafe on May 29, 10 5:11 PM
I just ran through it again and made sure the small key was made before I did anything else and it worked that time. But if its not finished, for some reason the game tells it the room is done.

[Post New]by opatrick1 on May 30, 10 5:40 PM
I guess I have to say DITTO!!!! I played through the first time then I recieved a notice to redownload and it hasnt worked since---have uninstalled and installed 3 times---how aggravating---hope someone gets this fixed!

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on May 31, 10 7:39 PM
chris122049 wrote:You can't adjust the sound., It adjusts as long as you are in the options but as soon as you come out of options, the sound goes right back up again.

i'm having the same problem and I can't get out of the options menu!

[Post New]by krngrl on Jun 1, 10 1:56 AM
Kira5 wrote:I have the same problem. Having to do the first sceen over and over again. Have even tried to delete the game and download it again, but still the same problem. I have now used 20 min of my trial, totally annoying.

bratnece
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by bratnece on Jun 2, 10 6:12 AM
I have deleted a number of times and reinstalled, to no avail. What seems to be a good game is only a very frustrating waste of time and money. What do we have to do to get this thing to work? I have forwarded to technical and received no reply about by Dr. Felix. I truly believe I want my credit back and will say the heck with playing this particular game.

Go to: