I hope this does not happen here.

Edited on 11/22/2017 at 8:28:39 AM PST

Lizm44
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by Lizm44 on Nov 22, 17 2:10 PM
Still can't get into this game on my Mac OS X version El Capitan 10.11.6 Been offline for me since November 14th. I don't need a reply from the moderators to this post. I've read enough on here to know the standard responses and frankly, they make no sense.I can't help thinking there must be some kind of contract dispute going on behind the scenes between BF and "the developers." Isn't it in their best interest to fix bugs asap? They're missing out on purchases from a lot of players. Since it is impossible to contact the developers directly, and BF has buffered themselves with you moderators so we can't talk to anyone that makes decisions, we can only sit and wonder. I know it is fashionable to pass the buck in a capitalistic society which is what you've done by saying it's the developer's fault, but BF does business with them therefore YOU are responsible. What other company can put a product on the shelf that doesn't work or only works part of the time and get away with it? I for one, am done. You're not the only game site in town. Bye Bye.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 22, 17 4:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like players are commenting on the status of the portal for the game on our site. At this time, we've not received additional information regarding the status of the game, and as soon as we do, a moderator will be sure to update our announcement regarding this ongoing issue below:

An Important Announcement - Rooms of Memory Temporarily Unavailable - November 14, 2017

Lizm44, the announcement above explains why you have been unable to access the game since November 14, 2017. A recent update made the game incompatible with our site, and requires resolution by the appropriate teams before the game can be played again from our website. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and definitely understand your frustration since players are unable to access that game until this has been resolved. Thanks for letting us know how you feel and I'll be sure to pass that along to the appropriate teams. I hope this clarifies that we definitely want players to play from our site, but need those changes from the developer beforehand.

Thank you to our players for their patience as we all wait for that resolution. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by mamapolo1951 on Nov 27, 17 3:56 PM
I am using a long-in-the-tooth- MACbookPro- and still getting the 'game unavailable message.'

Am I missing something? is it fixed for some and not others?

[Post New]by MarioB0SS on Nov 28, 17 8:41 AM

Edited on 11/29/2017 at 12:08:25 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 28, 17 5:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while we wait for the developers behind the game to provide the changes necessary to have our portal to this game be available again from our site. We haven't received details or an update regarding the status of this game, however, as soon as we do, we'll be sure to provide an announcement. The current announcement for the status of the game is below:

An Important Announcement - Rooms of Memory Temporarily Unavailable - November 14, 2017

We eagerly await those changes so that this issue can be resolved. As soon as the status of the game changes, the above announcement will be updated to reflect those changes. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

We do not recommend disabling security functions on your web browser to attempt to use our portal to play the game. It may be unsafe to disable security functionality in your web browser. We are unable to provide assistance should this be done as it may make the game play in a way that we are unable to support. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you as well for your time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Nov 29, 17 8:19 AM
Thank you, Mods, for your kind assistance.

Please thank the developers for us--I got into RoM finally, today!

I hope there won't be any further problems, but I still wish you could add the two areas they've got in PlayMe8, the Chinese Mysteries & Secrets of Atlantis. We love our RoM, and would go nuts for new places to play.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 29, 17 5:49 PM
Hello aurendel01,

I'm glad to hear you're able to access Rooms of Memory. I want to swim by and let everyone now that the Moderation Team has yet to receive word of an official update that makes the game compatible with our website again. Until the update is confirmed, it's possible that Rooms of Memory won't be available to all players or that access to the game could still be lost. Please don't hesitate to let us know if any troubles do arise.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the announcement below, where we'll confirm the official update when we receive more news:

An Important Announcement - Rooms of Memory Temporarily Unavailable - November 29, 2017

We appreciate your patience, and please PM us with any further questions or concerns. We'll provide all the help we can.

bfgBeruna

ratchetr
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by ratchetr on Nov 29, 17 7:42 PM
Although this mornings upgrade fixed most of the issues that have prevented people from playing, I see at least 3 minor issues that still should be resolved:

1)
Using IE11, there is still a 'Only secure content is displayed' prompt. The game will load without clicking 'Show All Content', but that warning should not be displayed at all.
This is being caused by an attempt to load the jquery library from google using http rather than https.
Chrome silently ignores this error, but it does log it to the developer console:
Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.bigfishgames.com/online-games/23808/rooms-of-memory-free-to-play/index.html' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script [Removed by Moderator]. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

2)
As a result of issue #1, unable to load jquery, the Help tab at the top of the game does not work properly. In the help, clicking a category should expand it (and the + should change to a -). This does not work at all in Chrome, and only works in IE if you click the 'Show All Content' button.

3)
The Community link at the top of the game no longer works. It links to:
https://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/3464.page
But this forum does not (YET?) support https. The forum should be changed to use HTTPS (or the link should be changed to use HTTP).

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 1:20:42 PM PST

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Dec 1, 17 4:45 AM
@ ratchetr

!Wow! - totally correct

Write an invoice at BF
[Removed by Moderator]

It's a good page for new programmers
- you find everything you should deny, when you're a beginner

Enjoy your day
Sir Vival

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 1:46:24 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 1, 17 1:54 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base about the topics being discussed.

The Moderation Team is still waiting to receive confirmation that Rooms of Memory's developers have released an update that makes the game compatible with the website again. That explains why errors are still occurring with the game. Until we can confirm that an official update has fixed the compatibility trouble, some players won't be able to access the game.

For more information, please see the announcement below:

An Important Announcement - Rooms of Memory Temporarily Unavailable - November 29, 2017

I'd also like to briefly remind everyone of the Forum Rules, specifically:

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

The Moderation Team isn't able to verify the security of external websites, so posting URLs is prohibited.

We also strive to respect the time and passion players invest in games like Rooms of Memory. We ask that players show us the same respect in return. This helps ensure the environment in the forums is safe and welcoming for all.

Thank you for your help with this. The Moderation Team remains willing and happy to answer any questions via a PM, so please reach out if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 12/01/2017 at 1:54:38 PM PST

glca
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by glca on Dec 2, 17 8:15 PM
Hello Mods!

Between 8:30 & 9 p.m. Mnt time the game started having big lags. Then we couldn't get in. Then when we did get in it freezes when you try to go to another location on the map. We've been able to access the game in secure mode for the past 3 days.

I believe this is a BFG issue because the forum loads very slowly & never completely. The right side where the Search & Profile is doesn't show up. Some of us (our guild) can't access the forum at all.

Thanks!
Gabrielle

aurendel01
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by aurendel01 on Dec 5, 17 5:15 AM
Oh, no!

What has happened to the daily Competitions and Duels icons that have always been on the right-hand side of the screen? Are there no more daily rewards for these games? Many of us enjoy them. Please bring them back.

DIT:

Yay! They're back! Thank you.

Edited on 12/05/2017 at 1:25:04 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 7, 17 4:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for reporting what you are experiencing. I do want to remind our players that our portal is currently unavailable for this game. For more information regarding this, please see our announcement below:

At this time, we're unable to readily troubleshoot issues due to our portal not being available to our players while waiting for changes made from the appropriate teams. I'm sorry for this inconvenience, and I hope that we receive an update on the status of the game soon so we can provide that to our players. As soon as we receive information regarding this, we'll be certain to change that announcement above.

Thank you for your patience while this is being worked on. Please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators if there are further questions. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Dec 11, 17 11:02 AM
Well not only is my timing cycle all of - The Daily Comps & Duels end 1/2 before the Daily Challenge which leaves me a 1hr window of off timing. My Winter New Day Change should be at 5pm EST(due to correction maybe) However when a refresh or log back in at 5ish - I get the chest(3rolls) BUT I cannot visit or gift my neighbors. This is the 3rd day that this has happened. Last Night I didn't log in until 10pm; hoping the coast was clear, and low & behold - couldn't even mass gift.

Today I completed and took the Chest/Needle Worker's Chest and the only thing I received was the 23K Coins and 2300 XP Pts.
Below is what was NOT received: Sorry about the Caps, I copied and pasted the content.

2 POUCH OF PEARLS (250PCS)
3 STRAWBERRY JAM
7 CRYSTAL HARP
5 CREATURE SUMMONING SCROLL
1 AMAZING ATELIER TROPHY
7 BELLS
5 PHASE WATCH
7 AZURE GRAPES
15 MARBLE ALGAE
5 DRAGON COIN
5 MAGNIFYING GLASS
5 DRAGON TABLET
5 LATIN SCROLLS
7 OLD AMPHORA
7 PARANORMAL TRAP
5 FIERY SEALS
5 PROBLEM SOLVERBelow is a list of what I'm missing:

Edited on 12/11/2017 at 11:09:51 AM PST

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Dec 12, 17 1:08 PM
@BFG,
I am very pleased to state that I received my Replacement Chest for Needle Workers Chest RE: Costume Quest that I completed yesterday. I appreciate your prompt response in helping me out. Now can you explain this time difference as questioned above, no I'm not pushing it but it is a hassle for others as well.
Regards
Lily

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 1:11:59 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 14, 17 12:08 PM
Hello Lilybells,

I'm glad to hear that you have received a replacement chest for that issue you encountered for that quest. Thank you for taking the time to update us. As for the timings of events in the game, the Forum Moderation Team was not provided information regarding the game's timers being changed. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing, and if we are provided more information regarding this, a moderator will be certain to update our players with those details.

If you find that the timing continues to change, or shifts more while playing, please don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team with the title of this game and details of that observation. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

Thank you for your time and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

swainger
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by swainger on Dec 29, 17 4:56 AM
Japan hasn't been working for me since I returned from vacation. When i put the curser over each site, it doesn't show a mode. When i click on any of the 6 sites, i get the swirling dots on black, like it's trying to load.

[Post New]by Galina_Left on Dec 30, 17 3:39 PM
swainger wrote:Japan hasn't been working for me since I returned from vacation. When i put the curser over each site, it doesn't show a mode. When i click on any of the 6 sites, i get the swirling dots on black, like it's trying to load.

I have the same problem.
Please fix it.

[Post New]by shymoon on Jan 6, 18 9:16 AM
What happened to the Abyss? It disappeared! Will it come back? Will I still get credit for what I completed? It still shows up on the main events list, but I don't have it on my home screen. Please bring it back.

Go to: