ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Jun 24, 16 1:40 PM
I am using a laptop and have been using it in the hospital. So I have to turn it off and on. I got Margaret's gloves but was unable to use it because I was not at the level yet and the computer got shut off and the gloves disappeared.. I am now at a point where I cannot go any further in the game until I get them. I need them to open the album and find the picture. I am running windows 10 and need some help. I s there any way to get them back? Please let me know. I will even buy them with gold if I have to.

lindystarr
ldehaan1@tampabay.rr.com

Guideo
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Guideo on Jul 3, 16 12:47 PM
ldehaan1 wrote:I am using a laptop and have been using it in the hospital. So I have to turn it off and on. I got Margaret's gloves but was unable to use it because I was not at the level yet and the computer got shut off and the gloves disappeared.. I am now at a point where I cannot go any further in the game until I get them. I need them to open the album and find the picture. I am running windows 10 and need some help. I s there any way to get them back? Please let me know. I will even buy them with gold if I have to.

lindystarr
ldehaan1@tampabay.rr.com

Hi Lindy,

I'm afraid Margaret's gloves is one of the major glitches that were left unresolved when this game was removed from the developers. There have been no updates to it since the notice went out last year.

Many players, including me, had to restart the game, because there is no fix for this, and you won't get all the quests to proceed further without starting again. This is early in the game and the restart isn't a big deal here. Just let your friends know in the game that you need to do it, and get their codes for friends requests before you do it. The GOOD thing is that it runs quickly back up to where the glove quest comes out because you know more of what you are doing, and you are practiced.

The problem with the quests that will repeat again later is that some quests come up before you are far enough in the game to do them. Some of them appear out of sequence, asking you to do them before you have obtained what you need to do them. There are threads that give more detail.

If you haven't registered your game with Big Fish, do that soonest. That will make sure your progress is saved on their server. And always make sure your connection to them has been refreshed before you turn off your computer by checking mail, giving keys, doing anything that it would otherwise tell you that you need a "strong internet connection" to do. If you can't do it, don't go out until you have been able to.

This really is the best game around, so do enjoy it!!

[Post New]by Mama28gems on Jul 4, 16 8:22 AM
Margaret's House. Where are the gloves? I am in the Master level of SD. No gloves come up when I go to her house. NONE .... EVER! I now have 3 quests and they are all about her house. I spent soooo much money on this game to just have it come to a standstill over some gloves. Does anyone sell them in the Auction? I have searched and searched. I am so aggravated.

Is this a glitch?

If I reinstall, will all my money and resources be gone?

I am so irritated!

Edited on 07/04/2016 at 8:25:02 AM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 6, 16 4:42 AM
The answer to your question is in the message from Guideo, just before your message.

[Post New]by Xiaodan on Jul 7, 16 2:57 PM
Can't play after the Chinese shop on iPad. Full version bought but stuck in here. Reinstalled 3 times and not solved yet.

Portland, Oregon issues :(

[Post New]by Midnyte on Jul 20, 16 3:33 PM
I'm having issues opening the 'curio cabinet' in the Portland, Oregon location after going through a LOT of issues unlocking it. I spent a bunch of energy only to have to close it because I couldn't get the key to work opening it and now, when I am down to the last item/s, and click on help to find it, it lights up but won't let me go into that portion. This has been going on for a while now. Can anyone help with this?

Also, thanks to the advice given to/from other players on the Margaret's House/gloves issue. Been battling that problem and it's nice to see some helpful suggestions. Haven't had any success in adding friends in-game so no one to ask there.

Edited on 07/20/2016 at 3:38:58 PM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 22, 16 7:12 AM
When you move your cursor above the head of the elephant, does the area (of the cabinet) light up ?
If it does, you should be able to click there to access it.

Pangaeus
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Pangaeus on Aug 1, 16 5:59 PM
Ditto on the Margaret's gloves issues. Are they dev's never going to fix this issue?!?

[Post New]by barksatthemoon on Sep 15, 16 6:35 AM
I can't get the last map pieces from teodi's. I've tried all of the suggestions here, played every level over & over & still nothing. Someone mentioned something about contacting someone about this, does anyone know how to go about this?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Sep 15, 16 11:49 PM
It has taken some people months to get that last piece, so don't despair too soon.

But if you want to contact BigFish, look at the bottom of this page and click on "Customer Support" on the "Get Help" line.
Then click on the "Welcome to our Updated Help Site" in the Announcements box.
Then click "Contact Us" on the right.
You'll get an automatic message, and you have to reply on that e-mail to get in touch with someone.

[Post New]by barksatthemoon on Sep 17, 16 1:51 PM
OK, thank you!

[Post New]by Delecia on Sep 22, 16 8:06 AM
I am on a PC and my game is not acknowledging the achievement of obtaining the Pirate collectibles. Collections shows all 4 of the collectibles set completed but I am not receiving credit for them in the achievements section. Anything I can do?

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Sep 22, 16 8:54 AM
Someone else on the forum reported the same issue in the thread "Pirates day collectibles'.
Conclusion: You satisfied the quests from Odin for the museum warehouse, but you have to wait for the pirate quests to complete the collections and fulfill the achievements.

klm2395
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by klm2395 on Sep 23, 16 11:46 AM
I was working on PD quests when I had to stop playing for a little while now I have no pirate quests & I was working on one that I had not finished

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Sep 23, 16 2:45 PM
If you quit the game, you usually lose the remaining Special Event quests of that day; unless it is the first quest of the day.

Edited on 09/23/2016 at 11:12:49 PM PST

[Post New]by Keenangirls on Oct 14, 16 6:29 PM
Hi,

I have an issue with a particular map area within the game.
I have a quest at the Flower shop - Rock Spring,Wyoming. I can not complete it as when I enter the shop and play a hidden object scene, it asks me to find objects that are found in the Venus fly trap which I have not yet unlocked.

Really annoying, would love to know how to fix!!!!!!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 19, 16 10:30 AM
Hello Everybody,

I wanted to swim by and thank every player who has taken the time to post their experiences with this game in this thread. As many of you know, this game is no longer receiving updates, so many of the known issues will continue to exist. However, I am glad to see that there is still such a strong community here willing to help each other out when issues do arise.

Again, thank you all, and do know that you're welcome to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you experience something other than a known issue while playing this game.

Thank you all for your time,

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by Yogranny1300 on Dec 20, 16 10:10 PM
I have been playing this game for a very long time and now I cannot do Daily Quests or Christmas Quests, they do not appear on my screen anywhere. I am playing on a PC. User name is H2o4, profile number 859 7601. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. Please help, I don't want to start over again.
Thanks, Yogranny1300

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 28, 16 11:01 AM
Hello Yogranny1300,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. I'm sorry to hear that the Daily and Christmas Quests don't seem to be showing up as expected and that reinstalling the game didn't seem to help. It may be helpful to try to run this particular game with more permissions enabled as an Administrator as that may be able to get the game to start displaying those properly again. The following link contains a guide on how to run the game as an Administrator, just in case:

Run Game as Administrator

You are also welcome to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you'd like some additional assistance. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope that helps out.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by 9elmroad on Feb 15, 17 9:57 PM
I am doing the Valentine quests and have found the mop for the yacht. Cannot use it because have not got fish to move seal. Help!!

Go to: