Senior Citizens sign in!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 10, 17 11:54 PM
jules, you really must get your priorities sorted. How can going away or doing other things be more important than keeping resource information up to date!? Just can't get the staff any more.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 11, 17 4:14 AM
Agreed with the wish for changing marts. I'm grateful for finding cities with good pairings of great replay levels to make up for the cities where I picked the wrong color for my marts or just never built any.

London 8 - 1 for bricks, 99 for hats and gems
Istanbul 105 - 1 all three, 46 - 2 bricks and hats
Cape Town 102 all three, and I prefer 38 for bricks but there are lots of good levels

etc.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 11, 17 9:05 AM
How do you’all determine which resources need to be shipped to a new city?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 11, 17 9:10 AM
I don't like shipping without a need for it myself. The few times I shipped ahead of known need I just sent whatever resources the sending city had the most of.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 11, 17 12:19 PM
juies... Thanks for the compliment on my in the post. And anyone can jump on my bandwagon as there is plenty of room! You should see my emails with animated graphics. You can also use the when talking about timed levels. and can also be used when talking about coins or money. is a good one when bringing up the lousy music. Personally I have the music off cos I watch (listen) to the TV when I play games. I also wish we could change the resource marts. I'm now on a quest to find the levels in all cities where I can build up resources for the marts I don't have in other cities, so I can ship to Seoul. I'm always shipping cos the last 3 cities have been so hard. I do just to enough to get thru or I'd never be able to build anything.

kailuaauntie...I usually ship the amount of resources that are needed most. I try to put a pink in every city as that's the one you don't get till almost half way thru a city but the game wants them anyway. When starting a new city I hit it hard with blue and pink shipments. Good Luck

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 11, 17 2:13 PM
miss beth, go to pdominians site for best places to find resources to ship from, it is pretty reliable. I actually tried most of the recommendations out a while ago while I was waiting for a new city to open and wrote down a list of the absolutely most reliable ones so I can go directly to them and fill up the resources for shipping. I hate buying helping hands, in fact I can’t remember the last time I used one - apart from Santa’s workshop which really annoyed me!

Edited on 12/11/2017 at 2:17:58 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 11, 17 2:40 PM
I was determined in Santa's workshop not to spend any coins to build monuments, so I played levels over and over and built them with the resources earned from playing the levels. As I was waiting for the next city to come online anyway, I had nothing else to play in the game so it relieved the boredom and did the daily events as well. Waiting now for Melbourne. Roll it out please GD.

kailuaauntie, re shipping resources, I tend to ship to whatever new city I am in, starting mainly with bricks, as these are earned and needed in the first 30 or so levels usually, after that, the blues are introduced, then further on pinks added in. But some of my cities I have more blues and pinks than bricks, so really overall, I just ship whatever I have the most of from that city. But eventually, you will need them all in whatever city you are in. But start with bricks to get through the early 1/4 - 1/3 of the city and then vary it accordingly.

And Keith, I wouldn't mind being 'staff' maybe then I would actually be paid. That would be really good. But its not going to happen, only in my dreams! So I just go along with the flow and do stuff when I have time. I usually find I don't have the time during the day to devote to going through it all and although I am up late at night, often I just can't get my head around the confusion of it all and I give up and log off. Either that or I just simply forget to do it which happens often as it hasn't been added to lately, so I put it on the backburner. Although I did ask a few to remove the posts of the things that had been added into lately, and I asked a mod to put the big posts that are most relevant at the beginning of the thread, but nothing has happend on that score. Its currently a bit messy and I really must get to it, but it won't be today, as its crammed full already so I must get moving now and go do the things I have to do. But I would rather be playing GD!

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Dec 11, 17 3:28 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:miss beth, go to pdominians site for best places to find resources to ship from, it is pretty reliable. I actually tried most of the recommendations out a while ago while I was waiting for a new city to open and wrote down a list of the absolutely most reliable ones so I can go directly to them and fill up the resources for shipping. I hate buying helping hands, in fact I can’t remember the last time I used one - apart from Santa’s workshop which really annoyed me!

I'm not trying to find where to ship from. I ship from all my previous cities. I'm trying to find levels to build up resources in all 2 mart cities that I don't have a resource mart. Example: I have a blue and pink in NY, I need to build up my brick resources there so I play #18 when I empty the 2 marts I have. I need bricks and blue in Rome so I go to #87 to increase them. I put 2 pink marts there so I would have a place to go to sell pink for every 24hrs. I thought I hated NY until I started Seoul a few days ago. I needed 1,150,000 bricks for the second monument and only had a few thousand. So I shipped every 4 hrs. for 2 days. Yes even at night cos I'm up every 3 hrs. cos of terrible arthritis back pain. I don't have a clue as to what pdominians is or where to find it. It's another language to me. Am I making any sense? I found a few resource tips for other cities but they are further along than I am. Yes, I'm making a list so I can share.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 11, 17 4:10 PM
Look at the sticky called Helpful Tips for Gummy Drop, and click the link to Best Levels to Play for Resources. Go to the end or sometimes the next to last page. You will find a set of about five posts that give every city in Gummy Drop and for each city the levels that people have reported are good to replay. Good usually meaning a high win rate on tier 3, and at least 10k of each type of resource that it generates.

Many of these levels are ones that I don't like. Some of them are great after you get through tier 2 which is a bear, or after you figure out the trick. Most cities have at least one good level for replay. Seoul, not so much.....

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 12, 17 7:55 AM
A very interesting and appropriate daily challenge today. My city was Boston and the word was "ship". One of my favorite music groups is the Irish-american band based in Boston called the Dropkick Murphys. Their most famous song is a rocking version of "Shipping off to Boston." It is an old Pete Seeger song about a sailor who loses his wooden leg and goes to Boston to try to find it. A wonderful Irish drinking song, used to fire up the crowds at US sporting events. A nice coincidence, Boston and ship.
YouTube the song. Even us seniors can still rock.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 12, 17 3:28 PM
I love Pete Seeger. He was a legend. Got the album he did live with Arlo Guthrie. Great stuff. Play it often. But not heard that song, will look it up.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 12, 17 6:50 PM
jules. * don’t know how I got there from Pete Seeger, but I just watched the Seekers perform “I am Australian” 1994. WOW - it clutched my heart !

Edited on 12/12/2017 at 7:12:50 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 12, 17 10:19 PM
Yes, kailuaauntie, thats a great Aussie song. If anyone else hasn't heard it, look it up on youtube, its well worth it. There are a million songs and great artists I love. I could honestly go on for hours, all sorts of music from everywhere. Its such a universal language.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Dec 12, 17 11:59 PM
I love the way this thread goes off on little tangents all the time before returning to the main subject of GD.
On the subject of music and kailuaauntie's comment about "I am Australian", I'm not Irish but when the anthems are played at rugby internationals and their anthem "Come the day and come the hour" gets blasted out by 10's of 1000's of Irishmen it gets the hairs standing up on the back of my neck.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Dec 13, 17 3:13 AM
I will look that one up too. The football anthem that REALLY gets me emotional, every single time I hear it, is the one that Liverpool have as their theme, You'll never walk alone. I absolutely LOVE that, and I missed them playing at the MCG when they came to Melbourne a few years ago (probably because I am not a fan of that sport, and it was impossible to get tickets anyway as over 100,000 packed the G and you could not get a ticket for love nor money), it was absolute magic to hear but of course, I had to make do with watching it on tv and youtube, but at least I can hear it again. And another version of it which is magnificent, was sung by Jimmy Barnes and David Campbell at Carols by Candlelight in Melbourne (again, a great city). thats also on youtube so you can all listen and watch if you choose to. Jimmy Barnes is an Aussie music legend (still with his Scottish accent), lead singer of the band Cold Chisel, no idea if anyone overseas has heard of them, but they have some classic Aussie rock songs and they are rock royalty here.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 13, 17 9:56 AM
It’s the Welsh singing at rugby games at the stadium in Cardiff that stands the hair up on my neck! Their anthem is incredible sung by a crowd of 80k. We did a tour there in 2003 and as we walked through the players tunnel they played the Welsh anthem - talk about shivers down your spine! Yes Jules, I also like Cold Chisel, have an album somewhere so I must dig it out! Thanks for the reminder.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Dec 13, 17 10:18 PM
Why does this forum keep disappearing? Bad segue - I couldn’t play until this evening and got bumped from Chest 57 back to 1. Lucky me! Guess I get double resources?

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Dec 14, 17 12:44 PM
Melbourne just opened in the US on Android. Next stop is Toronto.
And, I have the Marathon challenge for 11 hours.

Update: The first 10 levels of Melbourne were extremely easy, I finished the Marathon challenge of 10 levels in under one hour. I think I had to replay only one level and got that on the second try. It seems to me the developers have built gummy drop backwards with the easiest levels at the end.

Edited on 12/14/2017 at 1:33:17 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Dec 14, 17 3:28 PM
Downloading the new update right now for iPad, so it's on iOS too! Well at least it is in the USA.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Dec 14, 17 5:03 PM
Not yet in NZ - probably quicker for me to fly over there for real! Only a 3 hour flight and I love visiting Melbourne for real

Go to: