Ready for the special room

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 7, 18 5:08 PM
As we head toward town I tell my furry friends my plan of getting to the Antique Shop where I hope that Cash and Wickerbat can use their science of smell to start me in the right direction.

I start to get the feeling that we are being watched or followed but when I look back, there is nothing to see and this feeling follows me the whole way.

Our walk to town seems to take a long time and we stop for a meal and some rest. Some time later, we are back on the trail to town. We reach there late in the day and make our way to the Antique Shop, but instead of going in, I choose a hiding place to watch it and check out the situation.

Edited on 03/08/2018 at 3:21:46 PM PST

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Mar 8, 18 3:44 AM
Broom..Broom..Broom....Hey! Were's Everybody!... ...Hush Pup!...Don't you realize that it is only a little after Midnight here in the Special Room!... ...Sorry Mrs Fletcher...Where I left Captain Randy it's full Daylight out... ...So just assumed that it would Sun Out here too....Well come on in to the Kitchen and I will heat you up a nice Cuppa of Chile...how does that sound Young'un?... Just fine Granny Fletcher..just fine.... ...Do you happen to know where Roo would be this Morning?....Why Pup?...Cause in the Putt..Putt's Bulging Saddle-bags there are all kinds of Strange Items and weird Thingy's Captain Randy packed especially for Roo to use in Her Potions as She see's fit.... ...Oh! I almost forgot!.. ...Captain Randy also packed several Special Swords and weapons forged by His Friends "The Elves" especially for PTG to become familiar with and teach the Other Special Room Gang to use properly also.....Meow?..Meow?..Meow!... ...What in the world!...Is that a Kitten-Ermine Critter.....(They have the long silky body of an Ermine with head, long legs and bushy tail of a Coon Cat).... I hear Pup crying out from under you Jacket?....Because I was so scared to leave Her behind... Captain Randy said that I could bring Her here to the Special Room where She'll feel safe while I am away....Oh Dandydog....What happened to the wee Sweetys body that's She's so crippled and misshapen like this...Poor Little Kitty-Ermine.. ...Captain Randy told me that it was those Mean Dastardly Gnomes..(Not Skeeters Group Dear Friends) that tortured then kicked Her aside left for dead....I brought Her here to see if Charlie could care for Her while I am away....Sigh...and to see if Doc Poppet and Roo could help Her walk around a little better too? Could you please asked them for me Granny?...I certainly will ask Roo Pup, but... .. you have to realize that Roo is quite occupied right now with finding Grim.....Oh?...OK then,,,Please let Charlie know I've renamed Her "Precious" because that's what she is to Captain Randy and Me.... .... Oh My Yes Pup..I would be Happy too....."Dandydog!'..."Where in the&^%$#are You?"...Glup... ...I gotta get back right away....Will be back as soon as I can with more supply's OK?.........."Coming Captain Randy!...I'm Coming!".....Broooom....Brooom...

Edited on 03/09/2018 at 5:01:04 AM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 8, 18 5:40 PM
Seeker watched as the Captain got his urgent message and took leave of the Tea Room faster than he thought a "large" man could move.......He was concerned that the Captain also scooped up his map and handed it to that “Roo” character.

In fact, Seeker had not really planned on the Captain taking possession of the map at all....he had planned to be his guide through his tunnel travels. (He was rather excited about a new adventure.) Well, no matter now.....what is done is done. ....If the Captain has further need of his assistance, he knows how to find him.

He thanked Mrs. Fletcher for a fine meal.... stood from his chair ...... coughed that strange cough while mumbling "original height, please." ....... Whereupon, he is once again a "pocket-sized" Gnome who strolls out the door with nary a person noticing.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 8, 18 6:25 PM
playingthegame wrote:

It is my beautiful Fairy Godmother who is perched on the end of my nose and who now scolds me for being so clumsy!

“Stay still and listen!

“I am here only for a short while and it is essential you stop moping around and get well a.s.a.p.

“We are about to be visited by a terrible evil and I cannot delay it for very long without your help.
Thank you ever so much for no longer swatting at me......I really meant to land next to your ear instead of on your nose, but a breeze (or was it a heavy snore ) carried me a bit off flight path.

I have come to tell you that while you have been "indisposed" ...... The Captain has been called back to "his other place" and no one knows when (or if) he will return.....Just before he left, he placed Roo in temporary "third" command (until you can return) and gave her a map that Seeker (a Gnome) provided for him.......She convinced Angel to go with her to try to find Grim. They took with them some "special bags" of who know what she has concocted so she can search the tunnels using Seeker's map.

The Genie told me that Grim has been carted off by none other than Chris Arwin! Some dastardly creature had snagged her in the Antique Shop and was about to do her harm before Chris came along and "rescued her." Even the Genie isn't sure that Chris' intentions are admirable.

And.......if that isn't bad enough, Ame (Amethyst) has gone off on her own ..... she left before Roo and Angel ...... in search of Grim. She has Cash and Wickerbat with her, hoping they will "be able to follow Grim's scent."

Sooooo, take some of that "ibproproferen" or "acedemenphenen" ...... or whatever you take to get rid of a fever and get yourself back before the tunnels are all blown up or the lot of them are taken by the evil one!

While heading for the door, I turn around for one last comment........you DO look a tad better now than a few days ago, though!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 9, 18 5:52 AM
After a restless night mulling over our current predicament I am desperate for a fresh pot of tea.Angel is already waiting for me with a cup of tea & I notice she looks up at the clock as I sit beside her .Good grief is it my imagination or has she taken on some of PTG’s mannerisms!

“Ok Angel,let’s go for it but first I need to collect one or two vital items.You must stay here & wait for any volunteers.If anyone arrives before I return use all your whily reporter skills to keep them pinned down. Use the handcuffs if necessary.”
I don’t give Angel time to ask questions.I am off to “acquire” the items we need.

It doesn’t take long but I’m still unsure how Angel will react when I tell her my plan.I return to the Tea Room to face Angel......

“Angel,Randy untrusted me with your safety & in the past you may have encountered the odd little scratch or bruise in my company but that will not happen this time if you follow my instructions.We cannot use the tunnels to get to the Antique Shop as too much danger lurks down there that we are ill prepared for, so if you will follow me we can get moving”.

>>>>>cont.....

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 9, 18 6:23 AM
We walk outside & I see the puzzlement on Angels' face."This is the fastest way to get to the Town so do not worry just put this helmet on & get into the Rusty Cage"Angel is agog with fear. I tell her she will be perfectly safe & attach the chain to the flying carpet.While she is practically struck dumb I give her a gentle push,settle her on the comfy cushion & close the door before she can protest.
Off we go,there is a sudden jerk as the cage lifts off from the ground so I look back to check on Angel.Apart from all the blood draining from her face she seems OK so I just give her a thumbs up & smile.
As the town comes into view I have to negotiate a path through the chimneys of the Commercial District,it strikes me that landing might be a little difficult,too many buildings & too many other obstructions.Aah.. ..that's it we'll land in the Cemetery not too many obstacles there & definitely no people to worry about.I have to make a few sharp turns & sudden lifts over the chimneys.A quick glance behind tells me that Angel is ok, although a little green in the face.

Landing for me was pretty easy but the top of the Rusty Cage got snagged on the old tree.I climb on the Statue & help Angel out.Is it possible she is drunk?? She wobbles over behind the nearest tombstone & Mrs Fletchers tasty breakfast leaves Angels' stomach. Maybe we should wait a few moments before we move on to find Amethyst......

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 9, 18 8:19 AM
With a faint but haunting sylvan tinkling of some melodious bells I feel a faint breeze as my Fairy Godmother flutters out of the room.

She has given me much to ponder about.

And that is the right word to use in these circumstances. Just plain thinking about the situation is not an apt use of the English language.

Cap’n Bob has left for the true Realm to take charge of his military forces under the Queen's direction necessary to combat the overwhelming evil forces pervading the Realm.

He had begun to discuss the details of all of this with me when I was struck down with sickness.

I can only hope that his amulet has a play-back position so I can listen to the last part of his instructions for me again when I am fully recovered.

In the meantime while I have been recovering from this dastardly sickness high in my Castle garret my partners have been scurrying all over the place like headless chickens in their desire to rescue Grim.

I am a bit suspicious about that particular situation as Grim has a slight fondness for our erstwhile assassin Chris.

She may not even want to be rescued!

Mmmmmm!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 9, 18 8:30 AM
I glance out of the window into the clear vista surrounding the Castle walls and down to the moat.

I can just make out several ant-size figures scuttling here and there and a wisp of strange fabric floating about above them.

Each of these seem to be heading in different directions so I need to get a better view of this.

I ask my broom to fetch me the large telescope from the HOS Repository.

It almost immediately returns with a little brass tube which is of no use whatsoever.

It glibly informs me: "This is the ubiquitous spyglass used all over the Castle"

“I can’t see any detail with this; I need bigger magnification!”

With a few bristly sniffs it departs once more and returns with two pairs of binoculars, one battered and rusty the others small and shiny with pearl-handled mounts.

I sigh!
It is going to be one of those days!

“Equally useless! I want the big one!”

My broom has now developed a mega-sulk . It knows what I want but does not want to heave it over to me.

I remind it that I am the Chief Sweeper Upper and IT is just a tool of mine.

Before it can explode in a cascade of splinters aimed at me I clap my hands and say the magic word!

FETCH!

It zooms off to the Dark Tower Laboratory and is soon back almost bent double under the large Telescope from the HOS.

“Don’t be such a sapling! Put it on the window ledge."

I peer through it and see nothing.

I sense a broom-like smirk going on behind me so think a few seconds of profound and evil thoughts at it.

Soon it is spluttering and shaking in a cloud of dust bunnies.

It knows only too well what I want and within seconds has returned with three Polestars so the instrument can operate.

Now we are “in business”!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 9, 18 11:21 AM
I first turn my attention to the wisp of material floating around here, there and everywhere.

For those of you with a “scientific bent” its path is identical to the Brownian motion enjoyed by brainless particles drifting at random through the ether!

It is one of the Eastern Realm’s magic carpets, but adapted with some sort of iron box on top of it.

Inside this box which looks like a medieval torture device “sits” Angel, who is undergoing several changes to the color on her face at the moment.

It is being “steered” (if you pardon the misuse of the term) by the bulked up but still diminutive figure of Roo who is laden with packets and parcels and wires and knobs.

This device lurches from chimney to roof and then onto the next chimney until it appears to be making for the cemetery.

If they ever succeed in landing the thing I can see their “plots” already being marked out by some helpful sprites!

It is then that I notice a wandering red dot scanning over the area below and fixating on the centre of Roo’s back pack.

Above me in the clouds there is a very strange finger-like finger pointing directly downwards and toward Roo.

Oh No!

Incoming”, I scream, but up here in my cumulus shrouded bower all is still and silent.

I quickly grab the other component necessary to operate my Telescope, a Celestial Wanderer and hurl it down onto the unsuspecting Roo before she disappears in a puff of smoke.

The air crackles as the blue Ice ball hits Roo’s back pack square on, just as it was beginning to smoulder.

Splat!

Roo is drenched in icy water from the heavens and once more I hear that hideous shriek of evi being thwarted yet again.

I cannot repeat the next few words that I hear from below, however!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 9, 18 1:32 PM

“What in heavens name happened,I’m like a drowned rat?...Was that you Angel? Will you please stop laughing & answer me”
“Oh Roo,I looked up & saw the red dot on your back,then POW a cascade of water fell on you like a ton of bricks..”.
A red dot! Do you mean like a target red dot!”Angel nods & it is in that moment that we both realise we are in real trouble. We head for cover in the Wardens Hut.Once inside I sit by the fire & dry out a little.Suddenly we hear a knock at the door & both almost jump out of our skins.
“Is anyone in there?”a voice cry’s.”Is it ok to come in? As the door slowly creaks open Cash & Wickerbat scurry in followed by Amethyst & her cute little buddy.Each of us release a huge sigh of relief.
I explain to both of them that we are in grave danger from sources unknown & must abort this mission.Our only option is to return to the Tea Room,hopefully intact!
We are all in agreement that we cannot use the flying carpet,it’s just not big enough & none of us wants to be a sitting duck up there in the sky.
As Amethyst made it here safely we decide to back track in the path she took & maybe ...run most of the way.

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 9, 18 5:50 PM
I must have slept at some point because the last I remember, it was dark all around me and now there are signs of light and sun up. I move to stretch and get my muscles working again and the pets let me know that they are still with me ferrets in pockets and pup on my feet. There are good morning pets all around before nature calls, unfortunately I am going to have to wait. So, while I get food and drink out, the 3 of them disappear behind a dumpster and do what they need to. When they come back breakfast, as meager and rationed as it is, is waiting. Naturally, they down theirs, but I take my time.

As I clean up afterward, a strange shadow crosses over and I look up. At first I wasn’t sure what I was seeing. I had to ask myself if that was a flying carpet towing a cage. I picked up my stuff, told my friends to come with me and moved to a more open spotas Cash and Wickerbat hunkered down in their favorite pockets. Sure enough, my guess was right but it looked like the thing couldn’t land. Then, I got a look at last at who was piloting; Roo, of all people and wondered what she was doing here. I couldn’t quite tell who was in the cage.

I trailed them to where they landed in the cemetery and got there just in time to see Roo get soaked and Angel trying no to laugh too hard; then followed them to the warden’s hut. Trying not to laugh, I called out to them, “is anyone there? Is it okay to come in.” As I open the door Cash and Wickerbat scurry out of their pockets and enter, Buddy and I follow.

Conversation of aborting this mission due to danger and returning to the tea room happens and I get the full story of what happened to Roo. We come to an agreement to return despite my need to find out why that tracker was sitting still. I would explain about the tracking device and app back at the tea room. I thought flying would be quickest but it is too dangerous, it seems that I would be leading them back along the path that I took and at a quicker pace than a walk.

We only took long enough for Roo to dry off before we started back.

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Mar 9, 18 7:36 PM
I used the time to make sure that I didn’t leave anything behind. The coat and sweatshirt hoodie went into the carpet bag which I turned into a backpack with some rope. We headed out with Cash on my shoulders and Wickerbat on Roo’s and Buddy eagerly running circles around us.

I lead them out of town the way that I entered. Outside of town we started down the dirt road that I had used. We started off at a quick walk that turned into a run and we only stopped for water when we needed it.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 11, 18 5:07 AM
On the run back to the Tea Room I turn my thoughts back to what happened at the Cemetery.It is clear to me that I was the intended target & therefore a danger to those around me....

Once we are within a stones throw from the Tea Room we stop & I explain to Angel & Amethyst that they are now safe & should stay there until (if) I return.Angel voices concerns over my safety & offers to join me but I insist she stay to keep some kind of order amongst what remains of our ever decreasing crew.I tell her that I must consult the Book of Knowledge in the Dark Tower library to find a way forward & also somewhere out there breeze is all alone & I must find her.

I pull out a potion from my inside pocket.”Angel,you must give this to Doc Poppet for PTG.He must take it,it will get him back on his feet in no time at all.In fact all the running to & fro the bathroom will be good exercise & guarantee his return to the Tea Room even if only to find me”!!ha ha rofl ha ha.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 11, 18 9:42 AM
I glance back down with no little sense of satisfaction.

My two partners are now safe and sound having reached the interior of the Tea Room.

Looking at the window down there I also espy at least two other figures inside. They must all be returning there.

It is then that my broom gives me another nudge and points its end upwards towards the cloud that I have just zapped.

It is not happy!

In fact it is seething with purple and blue flashes of lightning forming ever lengthening strings of electrical discharge that are attempting to hurtle downwards again towards the Tea Room.

This just will not do!

I tell my broom to get me a Scorching Fire from the HOS Repository

While it is away foraging I lift the heavy Telescope up and reverse it on the window sill.

I then try to align it with the seething mass of strato-cumulus turmoil.

My broom returns bearing a smouldering orb that is singeing its bristles as it passes over.

I place the glowing orb into the Telescope eyepiece and fine tune my aim at the cloud so that it will discharge fair and square from the larger end.

It is then that I bless my Fairy Godmother a thousand times for her foresight.

From the broom handle I remove a small stick of dynamite and poke it into the eyepiece.

There is a small ”phut” sound as it ignites.

The tube shudders and a streak of golden white hot rain blasts the cloud in the sky.

It is both cataclysmic and unearthly. The sound is diabolical to say the least!

There seems to be a vacuum as the surrounding air is drawn in and all of a sudden there is peace and calm in the Realm.

Well to be honest not all is peace and calm as I now get the sounds of banging on my door and clamoring from outside to be admitted.

The language being used is quite colorful and specific to my person.

All this I have heard many times before.

They are not the Praetorian Guards of the Castle outside but our worthy MC citizens with yet another complaint!

The gist of the matter is that I have removed the Telescope from the Laboratory in the Dark Tower and they want it back in order to continue questing.

So be it.

It is time for me to descend to ground level anyway and meet up with my fellow daring-doers.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 18 3:52 PM
I have busy cataloguing the books and oblivious to what is going on around me. Suddenly Ghost Kitten Sam appears in a right huff, as only a ginger cat can. He is all fluffed up and looking madly between me and the door.

I hear a tapping on the door and, going to the spyhole, I see that Charlie is out there. I quickly let her in and tell her where I believe Virginia Breeze to be. Taking a round about route I show her the place. It appears to be empty but we are not unduly concerned. As long as we keep it to ourselves, Virginia will be safe.

Charlie tells me I am welcome to come to the Tea Room, and indeed Auntie Roo is trying to get everyone back there. Since I rarely drink tea, I tell Charlie that the Tea Room is no place for me. I very much prefer to drink coffee and we Aussies really love our coffee. It must be good, proper coffee, not instant.

We look out one of the Arrow Slits in the wall of the Dark Tower and see a big kerfuffle around the Tea Room. A flying carpet zooms in, nearly taking out one of the denizens of the Castle, picks up someone, shoves them in a Rusty Cage, attaches it to the Carpet and zooms off again. It is too far away to make out the people and the dratted Telescope has gone missing AGAIN.

Charlie and I decide that she will go back to the tea room as unobtrusively as she left, taking Sam with her. She will send him back with news of what is happening.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 11, 18 5:15 PM
I TELL ANNA THAT BREEZE CAN COME BACK TO THE TEA ROOM IF SHE WOULD LIKE TO. EVERYONE KNOWS SHE WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP. SHE MAY BE RIGHT ON A POINT OR TWO.

SOMEHOW THE POWERS THAT BE HERE IN THIS CASTLE DO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING. BUT IT IS NOT THE AMULETS. THEY DID NOT COME FROM THIS TIME OR PLACE. I SAY THIS LOUDLY CLOSE TO THE ROOM ANNA THINKS BREEZE IS IN.

IT HAS TO BE SOMETHING ELSE.

I TELL ANNA THAT SOME OF THE TUNNELS ARE NOT GNOME TUNNELS BUT ELF TUNNELS THEY ARE TOO SMALL FOR NORMAL GNOMES. THE ONE SHE BLEW UP WAS AN ELF TUNNEL. I COULD BARELY FIT IN IT.

I ASK ANNA IF I CAN COME BACK FROM TIME TO TIME FOR COFFEE. AUSSIES ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES WHO LOVE COFFEE. INSTANT COFFEE, WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD CALL THAT SLUDGE COFFEE. UGH!!

I LOOK AT SAM AND ASK IF HE IS READY TO GO BACK WITH ME. MAYBE MY ELVES HAVE COME BACK.

IT IS NOT HARD TO GET BACK TO THE TEA ROOM WITHOUT BEING NOTICED.

I HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR ME MOST OF MY LIFE. NO ONE PAYS ANY ATTENTION TO A SMALL PERSON MOVING SLOWLY THROUGH THE HALLS WHO APPEARS TO BE WATCHING HER FEET.

MY EYES ARE WATCHING AROUND ME AND MY EARS ARE LISTENING TO EVERY SOUND. WALKING AS SILENTLY AS POSSIBLE.

SOMETHING I LEARNED TO DO AS A CHILD.

WE GET BACK TO THE TEA ROOM. NO ONE EVEN SEEMS TO NOTICE WE WERE GONE. IF THEY DO NO ONE SAYS ANYTHING.

Edited on 03/12/2018 at 7:14:28 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 12, 18 5:48 PM
Buzz....buzz.......psssst, psssst, Grim......can you hear me? Hello.....Hello to Grim......this is PTG's Fairy Godmother trying to contact you via your subconscious.......

The Genie is helping me talk to you without me actually being there (he calls it telepathy, or something or other)......anyway, he has told me that he knows you are in a forest with a few trees. And he said he can see picnic tables nearby.....but he will NOT tell me where you are ...... because of some code of ethics or other that he cannot break or he will be banished. He isn't even sure he is supposed to help me talk to you, so we traveled to the Museum of Tales in the Fairy Forest. (Can you believe we actually had to wave off a bunch of black butterflies so we could get some candle light from that table where he found some old book he called the Fairy Tale Book?)

Anyway, the Captain has been called away ..... Seeker (a Gnome) told the head of his clan that he was called back to some Queen on urgent business. My Godson has been so very ill lately that the Captain put someone else in charge temporarily until PTG can return to his normal duties.

So....without the Captain to help us find you, we are hoping you can at least give us a bit of a better description of where you were taken, so we can come to your rescue.

The Genie says he has only a few more minutes for me to stay in contact with you, as he hears people already complaining that he is not on the steps in Atlantis (something about them not being able to do "Side Quests" or other with him gone.)

virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Mar 12, 18 11:40 PM
I have made it to Level 42 (again).

After finishing the castle challenges (we chose the mermaid) , my ghost friends have decided to continue the game with me and have been busy gathering supplies in the HOS. Some had already been on the higher levels and knew what was needed.

What I needed was a doctor. My knee was still swollen and I was now in constant pain.

I also need to communicate to the other inmates of the special room that I was safe and they need not worry about me. I could read in Glinda's Book that several people were looking for me. Charlie and Anna know where I am, but was leaving it up to me to tell my whereabouts. I did not want anybody to endanger themselves looking for me. I had already read in the book of Roo's and Angel's near miss looking for Grimwald.

However, my new friends did not want me to leave. They were totally engrossed with my game and wanted to continue.

Only my ghostly BFF wanted me to go back. But only if I took her with me. She was already raiding the HOS to bling out the outrageous outfit she would be wearing.

"You need to go to take care of yourself. Leave your game here and let the others play for you while you're gone. Just promise to come back."

I looked up from the book. I recognized the ghost who was now beside me also reading the book's entries. He had never told me his game name, but he had always been kind and was quite helpful with my game, having made it through the levels until he was deleted during the last update.

"You can go the Dark Tower to meet Roo. It is close to here and she can be trusted to protect you."

"You know Roo?"

He smiled. "Perhaps"

"I will accompany you." He looked at BFF. "We will use the mirror."

I looked at Alice's Mirror. "So, no Wonderland ?"

"No, unless you consider Midnight Castle Wonderland. The mirror, like Glinda's Book is now tuned to Midnight Castle. The mirror connects the various areas of the castle, but will only take you to areas you have reached in your own game. If I accompany you, we can travel to the Dark Tower."

I said goodbye to my ghost friends, promising to come back soon. I left the computer on and admonished them not to get me kicked out of the game a fourth time. I then became "Diaphanous Diane" and (since he would not leave me) turned Big Kitty into "Ghost Big Kitty," The four of us then walked over to the mirror and walked through.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Mar 13, 18 2:13 AM
I glance around my pristine white hospital room with its bare walls and gleaming fittings on the walls which attach restraints to those of us less “co-operative” in our treatment.

I can sense that my broom is bored. There is nothing to sweep up.

One last peek outside the window to see if there is any new activity, but all seems to be quiet.

As I move towards my door there is a soft tap on it.

Oh no! Not visitors now just as I am about to leave.

I put a fixed smile on my face and open the door.

And I am immediately propelled back onto my bed by a small but very feisty young female in a white coat and wearing a stethoscope as (?)jewellery.

“Where so you think you are going? :suspicious :

“Who gave YOU permission to leave your bed?”

I open my mouth to speak but choke when a very large bulbous thermometer is thrust into it.

“Mmmmm! Open your huggie jacket!”
Tap, tap, tap.
“Breathe in; breathe out; In; out!
“Mmmmmm!
“Now drink this! and I will be back in a few minutes after consulting with my colleague”

I collapse back on the bed.

In my naivety I had thought that escaping back to “normality” would be easily accomplished, but it is not to be.

Suddenly the most awful stomach cramp hits me and I rush for my little bathroom vestibule.

What had that dratted woman who calls herself a physician given me?

I crawl back onto my bed doubled up. Only to rush back into the bathroom.

After about five minutes of this torture, I am ready to murder the entire medical profession.

Which is just when the young doctor returns.

I really do try to summon up enough strength to attack her, but whilst the spirit is willing the flesh is weak.

“Ah! I see you are now purged and cleansed of all those toxins floating around your body.
“Open you huggie jacket and let me have another listen

“Mmmmmmm!
“Very good!
“You’re fit to leave the Hospital Wing” and flounces out of the room while I am still croaking with indignation.

But on reflection I do feel a lot better!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Mar 13, 18 4:58 AM
As I walk away from the Tea Room I have a sense of being incredibly vulnerable. If the unknown forces are out to get me then I am a ‘sitting duck’...so to speak.Randys’ voice pops into my head “Think like a soldier” yeah right...just a minute I have an idea.

I hunt around a little & manage to find some tall ferns.I snap off a few tall branches from the near-by bushes.In my bag I find rope & a couple of belts.That should do it! I put on the belts & poke the branches into them...hmmm not bad,it might just fool anyone from a distance but just to be sure I toss some fog powder over my head...oops,maybe that was a little too much.After an initial coughing fit I open my eyes but it’s hard to see clearly through the fog.Well if I can’t see then no-one else will see me (fingers crossed).

I am relieved to finally reach the Dark Tower intact & without incident.As I face the door a tiger warily approaches me. I gulp & I am mesmerised by its gleaming eyes & teeth!I standing very still & my life flashes before me.
I hear a voice call out & the tiger slowly reverses but it's eyes remain firmly focused on me.It is when it sits I realise it is not alone.My first thought is that I am dreaming but then I see that it is Breeze with her little kittens

I lift my arms & part the branches that hide my face & say "Let's get out of here".
Breeze explains that she is unable to walk & needs medical attention.I literally have to think on my feet (mainly because if I sit down the branches will either snap or dig into various parts of me).Breeze is polite enough not to ask why I look like a walking compost heap.

I take the castors from the bottom of the Antique Globe & a loose board from the nearby rickety stairs.On the way down I grab the padding from the armchair in the Guest Room & the green sheet from the Iron Knights bed....phew.With no time to waste I attach the castors to the board & put the cushion on top.Breeze hobbles over & gets as comfortable as she can on my new invention "A rolling board ".I toss the green sheet over them & pick up the attached rope.The tiger can walk in front where I can keep my eyes on him.Another small puff of Fog Powder just to be sure wouldn't go amiss.

It doesn't take long to get back to the Tea Room where Doc Poppet is on hand to give medical assistance to Breeze.

Go to: