shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 12:15 AM
Well. It isn't Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame AGAIN... Mudrock! It is... NAT GEO.
Oh my, I haven't had very good experience with these games in the past. I am going to wait and see how other player weigh in on this one before I download... I hope every one is rested and ready for a new week!

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 12:36:13 AM PST

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Chit-chat, Rants and other Comments

[Post New]by brewcan1 on May 16, 11 12:21 AM
Lets see what "Peglegann" has to say

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 16, 11 12:28 AM
Downloading.....

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 12:31 AM
Let me know if you like it Poutoule

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 16, 11 12:32 AM
I suspect this isn't a terrific game. I'm deleting it anyway because of SPARKLES. Everything glints away. I only came across one 'puzzle', put together a shattered stone head, every piece shone like it had a 100 watt bulb on it! and it didn't matter what order you placed them! Nah, not for me.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 16, 11 12:33 AM
If you are a history buff you'll probably love this game & you do get to interact n talk to the characters BUT its too much blah blah blah for me & no voice overs and talk about hand holding!! There's no option to turn it off the sparkles either. boo.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 12:34 AM
Yup... it sounds like par for the course for Nat Geo games. It is too bad. I really like the topics of most of their games but the game play just doesn't do it for me at all.

ETA: Thanks for the opinions NoMatt and Megwoman!!

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 12:37:04 AM PST

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 16, 11 12:44 AM
The Lost Chronicles: Salem was almost a buy for me until I realized I was at the end of the game when the demo ran out. But that one was probably the best one they've had IMO otherwise I've just been disappointed too because I do like their subject matter most of the time just not the game itself.

& your welcome

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 12:46:05 AM PST

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 16, 11 12:53 AM
I've enjoyed what I did of the demo.

Made me laugh though, no sparkles in this one so no one can complain on that front, just floodlights on everything.

I enjoyed the dialogue, but it was far to linear. It would be more interesting if your choices affected the game..

It had irritating qualities for me, a guard who has lost his helmet LOL, but that does not make it a bad game & what little I played I thought it was very well put together.

I will not be buying but may well finish the demo when I have tidied up the tiny bang !!

nwr1948x
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,360 Posts

[Post New]by nwr1948x on May 16, 11 1:07 AM
The graphics are good,items easy to find,and puzzles simple.Would make a good game for an older child or first time H0G player.

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on May 16, 11 1:14 AM
I have downloaded twice without being able to get past the title page! Any one else having trouble or is it just me? I don't see anything in the tech.slot.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 16, 11 1:25 AM
Hi all,
Anyone else had trouble trying to access the forums in the past 1/2 hour? Maybe a regional thing. This might also be causing problems with DLing.
Oh well, no matter, got here eventually!!
I think I am going to wait on this offering and try to finish the delightful Tiny Bang Story along with JoJo.
I too have not had thrilling experiences with Nat Geo games which is a pity as their subjects are usually interesting. But in light of the pictorial, editorial and research resources available to them as a whole, their games are generally more in the "bleh" classification rather than the interesting, edifying or enjoyment classifications.
Cheers.

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on May 16, 11 1:26 AM
yes dragonladyoz, i keep getting the oops! page

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 16, 11 1:29 AM
sparkle76 wrote:yes dragonladyoz, i keep getting the oops! page

LOL, at least you got closer, I kept getting the "page has timed out" or "page not found" errors!!
Cheers

unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by unclewally on May 16, 11 2:00 AM
It is a National Geographic game presented as only National Geographic's can . . . . .I'm sorry to say.
unclewally

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 2:21 AM
Currently: 8 comments and reviews and 6 posts with tech issues.

Um. I think I will avoid this one.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 16, 11 2:26 AM
I wasn't aware it is Natl Geog. The only one I have is National Geog. Presents..Herods Lost Tomb. Sorry I bought it on a DD, altho I did enjoy reading some archaeology stories along the way, the objects got smaller to tinier to invisible. I think they ran out of locations so we went back to the same ones over and over and over and I mean over so long I wanted to just quit. I'm too OCD so now and then I guess I just want to prove a point, or false hope it will get interesting, or that it would END my misery.

If any improvements here, like bigger objects to find, wake me up, maybe I'll tackle it just for some history or avoid resuming Raincliff....arggggg save me!

tehi
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by tehi on May 16, 11 3:03 AM
puzzledone wrote:I wasn't aware it is Natl Geog. The only one I have is National Geog. Presents..Herods Lost Tomb. Sorry I bought it on a DD, altho I did enjoy reading some archaeology stories along the way, the objects got smaller to tinier to invisible. I think they ran out of locations so we went back to the same ones over and over and over and I mean over so long I wanted to just quit. I'm too OCD so now and then I guess I just want to prove a point, or false hope it will get interesting, or that it would END my misery.

If any improvements here, like bigger objects to find, wake me up, maybe I'll tackle it just for some history or avoid resuming Raincliff....arggggg save me!

Puzzledone you crack me up
I too have "avoided" Raincliff for periods and still haven't finished. I find the trickier a game is the more I need to take breaks from it....and then.....I forget what I was supposed to be doing or I start getting it mixed up with other games I've played during my "avoidances"
Maybe this game will be a nice "easier" break on the old noodle. I'm gonna give it a try.
Happy Gaming everyone.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 16, 11 3:40 AM
shadowfax44 wrote: Let me know if you like it Poutoule

I wrote a comment in "Your comments and reviews", I'm afraid I didn't like it !

unclewally
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by unclewally on May 16, 11 3:41 AM
puzzledone wrote:I wasn't aware it is Natl Geog. The only one I have is National Geog. Presents..Herods Lost Tomb. Sorry I bought it on a DD, altho I did enjoy reading some archaeology stories along the way, the objects got smaller to tinier to invisible. I think they ran out of locations so we went back to the same ones over and over and over and I mean over so long I wanted to just quit. I'm too OCD so now and then I guess I just want to prove a point, or false hope it will get interesting, or that it would END my misery.

Enjoy your nap . . . you won't miss a thing. (I still haven't finished Herod's Tomb. If I wasn't a shopaholic hoarder I would have uninstalled it months ago!)
unclewally

Go to: