cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Pahelika: Secret Legends

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 16, 11 12:18 AM
Give us your views fishes.

Hi fishies,

thanks for starting this thread. I will sticky it for you.

What do you think of Pahelika: Secret Legends? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:33:01 AM PST

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Todays DD 16 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 16, 11 12:29 AM
I don't see a technical problem thread here. I can't get beyond putting my name in. Then I click on everything nothing happens. Then I click on the door and kaboom I am booted out of the game and back to the game manager.
Any ideas? thanks.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on May 16, 11 1:05 AM
DeadRiver (and everyone else who will encounter the same thing): Click on the Tool box for "Options", the Picture to set "Profiles" (although mine was pre populated), the Desk to "Play", and the Door to "Exit".

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:19:53 AM PST

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on May 16, 11 1:07 AM
In my opnion, this is more of a puzzle game than a hidden object adventure... there was one scene in the Tutorial and first 2 levels where you had to find a "specific" object... everything else seems to be look at the environment and pick up what you can and use that to solve the puzzles. I've seen the slider puzzle and the jigsaw puzzles repeat (and from the looks of it there will be at least a jigsaw in every location).

There is a lot of dialog here but it can be skipped. There is voice acting; I think it was well done but on the slow side... and the graphics are very dated! It has taken me about 20 minutes per location and there are only 6 locations so this is definately on the short side.

There are a TON of sparklies.. but not until you find the sparklie location. Then the sparkles stick around until you don't need it any more. If you get stuck, move the cursor around until you find MORE sparklies... so far, there have been enough hints in the scenes to continue with no problems. And if you are not told explicitly what to do to move on, you just need to keep looking for the scroll / paper that gives you directions.

Anyway, since it is on the older and shorter side, I was prepared to not bother with this game at all. Then I decided to continue onto the 2nd location. I really liked the "philosphy" that the masks show you with the questions so now I'm thinking of rewarding that "philosphy" with a purchase... but I'm still thinking about it. Hope you enjoy your demo!

NOTE: there is a walkthrough but it isn't "stickied"; find a link on the game page where you download or buy!

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:19:10 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 16, 11 1:22 AM
I tryed this game months ago and I like it. So as a DD I bought it today.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on May 16, 11 1:27 AM
I've played this before but I haven't. Its weird but Im having deja vu. It says my trial time is 60 minutes so obviously I haven't tried it before? It has a lot of story but it has voiceovers so its okay I guess even though there is a lot of it n its late like 1:30am here and all of a sudden Im sleepier than ever. Maybe I should just buy this game to help with my insomnia issues LOL um it has A LOT of sparkles but for some reason they don't bother me because this game is kind of hard but in a good way so I need some kind of guidance & hey it already knew my name when I signed in BUT its one of those games where you have to complete the entire chapter before exiting or it deletes all the progress you've made n that doesn't quite work for me. Idk I'll come back to it later when Im not falling asleep if I remember LOL happy gaming!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pahelika: Secret Legends

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 16, 11 1:44 AM
I really like this game. I can't believe it's at DD prices. I'm so excited. It's a definite buy for me. I have had this one in my folder of games I've want for sometime. It has widescreen,normal sound adjustments. I think the graphics are good. The game is a little dark,and I do wish it has a bright button, but it has a good story and mystery. The game play is challenging and interesting. I highly recommend this game. Enjoy, I know I will!

I rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on May 16, 11 1:51 AM
I quite enjoyed this game until I made a mistake with the gems at the teleporter. I can't undo it and I really don't want to start the game all over.

Do I need to restart? if so, I think it's a bad feature of this game and I wouldn't buy it, simply for that reason.

Info appreciated.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:52:03 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 16, 11 2:55 AM
It's interesting to demo. Lots of riddles. I bought The Tiny Bang Story and played it thru yesterday, and I don't think I'm in the mood for another one yet where you have to guess your way thru it. This one does not have the art and music and charm of The Tiny Bang Story; however, this one does have some wisdom-type riddles that one *might* find thought-provoking or interesting.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 4:22:33 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 16, 11 4:46 AM
I like it quite a bit. I don't mind sparkles when I wouldn't be able to figure out what I need to do otherwise... some days I'm running on all two cylinders, other days I'm not and this game is perfect so far.

Interesting story, very good dialog, good voice acting, good music and it's just challenging enough without being frustrating.

I suspect this might be a little short since it took me approximately half an hour to do the first of six locations but hey, it's only $2.99. Can't lose at that price.

[Post New]by CarolCoupar on May 16, 11 5:04 AM
Well, glad I only paid AUD$3.11 for this game, would have been unhappy to pay more, tedious game, not enough information, have an inventory full of items but don't know what they are even called to give me a clue where to use them, if there are 2000 hours put into this game, I would have expected better, never mind, there are always more games to find I guess they cant all be value for money.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 16, 11 8:47 AM
Major objection for me with this game is if you do things in'the
wrong order, you CANNOT undo and must start the game over
under a new profile. Did that in a fairly early scene and did
indeed have to start over as others have said.

Now demo time is down to less than 10 minutes, so no real
feel for the game. And the thought of having to start over
again later in the game makes this a no buy for me at ANY
price.

pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by pgillenw on May 16, 11 9:12 AM
[b]Give us a break. Another game that fails to launch on Win 7 Widescreen 64-bit OS.
I am getting tired of this.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 16, 11 9:35 AM
That was strange! Just finished the demo. I have never played a game like this. I don't know exactly what category I would put this in. Adventure? Hidden Object? Puzzle? Brain Teaser?
I am still trying to decide if I want to buy it. I finished about a third of the game during demo and had to use the walk through a couple times.
There was far to much dialogue in the beginning and it took me a while to find out that the skip button during that did not skip the whole intro but just one piece.
There is no instruction with this game. It is hunt and find. There is no hint button and no skip for the mini games. Trying to figure out what to do with what you find is a bit difficult.
There was a portion that I found a bit unfair to some. You have to answer questions to pass through a particular area. Some of these questions were on a religious level. That is fine for me but I know that it would offend some because you have to answer the way the game developers believe. As far as I am concerned there was no correct answer for these questions. Just beliefs.
At the end of the demo I find myself wanting to continue simply because it is so different. Since it's a DD I am going for it
Here I come walkthrough

lavifa
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by lavifa on May 16, 11 9:36 AM
So this is the same game i played ages ago. It's one of the best "gnarly" game ever and no technical problem encountered then. I was hoping for a new version. I even placed it on my facebook info as one of the finking fabgame ...any new game of the same "thought provoking" wisdom/courage/love version???

bognor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bognor on May 16, 11 10:58 AM
I'm stuck in the so-called Fairy Garden. Did things in the wrong order in the underground storeroom, Inventory is now full so I can't pick up the fishing line, so can't assemble the rod to reduce the items in the inventory.

Good game, though. Was really enjoying it up till then.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 10:59:30 AM PST

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on May 16, 11 1:21 PM
CarolCoupar wrote:Well, glad I only paid AUD$3.11 for this game, would have been unhappy to pay more, tedious game, not enough information, have an inventory full of items but don't know what they are even called to give me a clue where to use them, if there are 2000 hours put into this game, I would have expected better, never mind, there are always more games to find I guess they cant all be value for money.

Just PMd you.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on May 16, 11 4:58 PM
Have the same prob as a couple of other fishies. Put the gems in the teleporter in the wrong order, can't undo and can't go forward. Starting over at this point in the game is no biggie, but if it happened again later I would not be a happy camper. That's why there are erasers on pencils. So no buy for me.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 16, 11 6:14 PM
Oh......... I didn't realise this was new thread for comments as the DD. I saw C & R and assumed it was from when the game first came out at full price. I just posted mine in the thread with DD and the date in it's heading. Will paraphrase it here too.

It was a first for me because I played the entire demo with the music ON. It usually gets switched off at the very first opportunity (whilst cursing developers who won't let you turn it off until you have keyed in your player name).

The music is lovely, like a movie soundtrack, and sets the scene really well. In the story bits it compliments the narrator's voice and I even enjoyed listening to him reading the story parts. That's another first because I usually read ahead then skip when I reach the end of the paragraph and the reader is half way through it.

Also, not exactly a first, but unusual for me these days, is that I'm going to buy it despite me being a TM/Strategy fan and this being called an adventure game. During the demo it was missing those 2 key off-putting (for me) ingredients often found in what BF class as adventure games: HOG scenes (I have had to pick things up but not in what I would call a proper HOG scene) and back and forth dialogue with other characters (I found none so far YAY!)

I posted about it CCC but didn't make it a Daisy's pick because I have no idea if it stands out in its genre or not and I get the feeling it may be quite short but, at $2.99, I'm not going to quibble about that when it comes to buying it and I still wanted to share my new found enthusiasm with other non-adventure fans.

A note about gameplay: The mini games I have seen include jigsaws which are made more interesting/challenging by being only given so many pieces at once, so you can't just start with the corners/edges as most folk normally do (you have the full image in monochrome and have to fit the coloured jigsaw pieces over it)...... and .....
... my favourite kind...... slide the blocks to get something to the exit. I have only seen 2 slide the blocks so far and TBH they weren't that hard yet but maybe they will get harder . I was happy to see them anyway.

It was the graphics that caught my interest in the first place. As you can see from the screen shots, they are nice and clear and they appealed to me. As I said......... it's a buy for me

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 6:56:01 PM PST

rogerscove
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by rogerscove on May 16, 11 7:53 PM
I was about half way through the demo and the game froze; it was right after starting the teleporter. I've NEVER had that happen before with any game from BFG. I certainly wouldn't take the chance on purchasing; I use Windows 7 and do not normally have a problem. A shame because I found the game interesting.

Go to: