shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 16, 11 12:38 AM
... and the verdict is...

Top of the morning to you fishies!

Thanks for starting this thread! I'll sticky it for you.

What do you think of Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:25:11 AM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost Chronicles: Fall of Caesar

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 16, 11 12:51 AM
I liked the first one and i a bit disappointing about this one. The quality seems worse, the graphics aren't that great but still good. The game play is quite fun anyway, i will buy it using my credits, but if i don't have credits i will not buy one.....

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 16, 11 1:13 AM
Beta tested (and bought) Lost Chronicles-Salem, which I quite enjoyed. Tried this one during 20 minutes. Graphics are not bad, didn't turn the sound on, got utterly bored. Very easy. H0 scenes dark in corners. May be if you desperatly need a new game. No buy, not even as a DD.

PS : no sparkles but when you have to find pieces of an object, no need to search the place frantically, they're shown by a pale light... Hint refills in 40 seconds.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 16, 11 1:15 AM
I played for 30 minutes and found it boring. The puzzle like put the statue together was a joke. There was nothing to puzzle.

This game is not a buy for me. Hope that other fishies like it.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on May 16, 11 1:22 AM
I'm not much impressed with this game either. The play is too wordy (you have mini-dialogues with the other characters, who tell you what they want); the hidden object scenes aren't challenging), and the art work is okay, but nothing special. The music is dramatic without being too intrusive. I don't know how long it takes the hint button to recharge because in fifteen minutes of play, I didn't need any hints.

The game suffers as well in comparison with Tiny Bang Story, where you wander around having to piece together what you are supposed to be doing. In this game your goals are totally up front.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on May 16, 11 1:34 AM
Who are you, how can I help you...... boring! I played the whole hour in order to find out, if this game might grow on me, but it didn't! Not my of tea.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 1:55:30 AM PST

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 16, 11 1:47 AM
Played for 30 minutes. Can find nothing negative to say about this game other than Would I buy it for my preteen grandchildren YES. Would I buy it for myself NO.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 16, 11 1:52 AM
This game is one of my favourite types, a HOPA, but alas I have always found history boring ... well except when written by scarlet_11dy6 ... and playing this game for 3/4 hour did not change my mind and I do not feel any compulsion to go looking for Marcus Brutus.

There are only the basic options available: music, sound, window and custom cursor which started out slightly sluggish but improved.

The graphics are reasonable and the objects not too difficult to find although they were slightly harder when they had an old painting for a background and I used a hint which recharges at 40 seconds. The minigames were easy but did come with a skip button.

Talking of the H0 scenes, when you leave the senate and go into the corridor you break a bust and thus create the background for the objects. One of the items used in this scene was a brazier full of hot coals which is knocked over. Now this brazier is lying on the carpet with its contents spilled and instead of going and dashing for a shovel to scoop them back up with or some water to cool them down and stop setting the carpet on fire what do you have to find ... the usual spider, snake, lizard etc . You even have to rebuild the bust but still leave the coals on the carpet and they are also still there each time you pass that way so ...
why hasn't the Senate burned down?

Sorry devs, not a game for me this time.

Cherb

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 4:58:23 AM PST

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 16, 11 2:04 AM
I'll dowload and try myself - I could actually use an easy one after pulling out half my hair on Tiny Bang yesterday (but I finally finished!!)

ETA: I think I'm going to like this one. It's not the greatest, but it's a nice game with very good graphics. You might want to turn the music and sound volumes down a bit in Options before you start, especially if it's in the middle of the night where you are and you've got family members sleeping - it comes on full blast. I remembered to check the music volume, but didn't bother to turn down the Sounds, and the voice overs were very loud.

The voice overs don't continue past the introduction. You "talk" to characters much like you do in the Nancy Drew series. You click on the person, they "speak" and you get a list of answers to give them. The characters that you interact with have that cardboard cut-out look, which isn't too bad, but they keep the same expression the whole time (the shocked expression on the first character was OK in the first few minutes but got annoying quickly.)

There are sparkles, but I'm not one of those who objects to them, so I don't mind. Some of you will find them intrusive, however. The hidden objects (so far) have been fairly easy to find, but they are hidden well enough that you need to look for them, not just click on anything that looks out of place.

Still on the fence about whether to buy, but I do have a few punch credits left over for last month so if I do buy it will be "technically free" so I won't mind. It's certainly worth a try for anyone who likes HOGs.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 8:35:22 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 16, 11 2:25 AM
I like this game. But then again I'm a fan of the time period and story. I think the graphics are good and I like the interactive dialogue. Widescreen and great overall adjustments. I'm very much looking forward to playing this game. Do I think everyone will like this game, NO. But I really do. I think there are many other's who will like this game also. But please at least give it a try for yourself. You never know what might strike your fancy.

I rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on May 16, 11 2:43 AM
Not a fan of this one. I really hate multiple choice dialogue in any game, even though I did figure out you only really need to choose one question to find out your objective. Some of the puzzles were just plain stupid, and others were unclear on what needed to be done. Some you could figure out by just clicking around, but there was no option to reset or back out and go back into the puzzle if you screwed up. The hints for the puzzles were pretty useless to me.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on May 16, 11 2:53 AM
I thought it was an interesting story and I quite liked the gameplay, but it's far too easy for me. There's no searching, just picking up what's in front of you, and the hidden object scenes are very easy. I know the difficulty level will suit a lot of fishies, but I like being confused.

ADTech
Herring
Herring
374 Posts

[Post New]by ADTech on May 16, 11 4:08 AM
[removed by moderator] I have Beta tested many games but do not feel the need to tell everyone unless I noted problems with the game and they were not adressed by BF. Just to say that you Beta tested the game serves no usefull purpose. I am back to reading game reviews and wish I had never stopped. I will write my own game review as soon as I have finished the free download. Also we do not need to know that you are downloading the game as others have mentioned. Do not mean to offend anyone, only expressing my opinion. There are many excellent game reviews provided and for one really appreciate them. I hope I can do as well as others. Everyone have a great day and I thank you all for the time and effort you put in to these reviews.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 11:16:34 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 16, 11 4:20 AM
Played the demo hour. I would say, in a word, mediocre. Take it or leave it, if it's what you're in the mood for.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on May 16, 11 4:20 AM
ADTech wrote:Why do some people insist on saying that they Beta tested a game? This is useless informattion. Mabye it is their EGO. I have Beta tested many games but do not feel the need to tell everyone unless I noted problems with the game and they were not adressed by BF. Just to say that you Beta tested the game serves no usefull purpose. I am back to reading game reviews and wish I had never stopped. I will write my own game review as soon as I have finished the free download. Also we do not need to know that you are downloading the game as others have mentioned. Do not mean to offend anyone, only expressing my opinion. There are many excellent game reviews provided and for one really appreciate them. I hope I can do as well as others. Everyone have a great day and I thank you all for the time and effort you put in to these reviews.

whuy in the world would you think someone was being egotistacal for saying they betad a game, anyone can beta (other then here) if they sign up with the dev directly, and people mention it because they will usually tell others if the game has improved since the beta, and since onle 1 person in this thread mentioned it, if i was them i would feel singled out, eta, because i was snarky with my last 2 comments, but ranting about others posts is as useful in this thread as saying downloading now,

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 4:33:43 AM PST

seafood_chef
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by seafood_chef on May 16, 11 4:41 AM
ADTech wrote:Why do some people insist on saying that they Beta tested a game? This is useless informattion. Mabye it is their EGO. I have Beta tested many games but do not feel the need to tell everyone unless I noted problems with the game and they were not adressed by BF. Just to say that you Beta tested the game serves no usefull purpose. I am back to reading game reviews and wish I had never stopped. I will write my own game review as soon as I have finished the free download. Also we do not need to know that you are downloading the game as others have mentioned. Do not mean to offend anyone, only expressing my opinion. There are many excellent game reviews provided and for one really appreciate them. I hope I can do as well as others. Everyone have a great day and I thank you all for the time and effort you put in to these reviews.

I thought this type of rhetoric was over. Isn't there a "crabby" thread or something for ranting? I thought I really did see one recently.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 16, 11 4:44 AM

I always mention that I've beta'd a game when it comes up. I compare the beta to the actual release and say whether or not I liked either or both. I think it's important information, and I'm glad when someone says they have beta'd any game. At the very least, it shows that BGF is testing their games, since they are often accused of releasing games without adequate testing. In some cases, it shows that BFG and the dev's are listening when they make positive changes based on the beta.

If you don't like the posts, don't read them, but please don't dictate what others can post. "I beta'd this" or "I'm downloading" are comments, and this is a Comments and Reviews thread, not a Reviews Only thread.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 16, 11 4:54 AM
OK, but nothing spectacular. Nice clear graphics, H/Os are not (so far) junk pile, and the background music didn't annoy me but although it's interesting, it isn't absorbing. Perhaps I would purchase it as a DD, but not now.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on May 16, 11 5:01 AM
Nice graphics--that's all.

jgracinfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts