SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Review and Comment for May, 2011

[Post New]by SMQMC on May 16, 11 5:01 PM
This game has been around for a while, so I'm starting a new thread to keep the comments current if nobody minds. I read all the reviews prior to this and so many of them were negative, I almost didn't get this game. I am really, really glad I got it though. Is it frightening and horrifying and gory? No. What it is, is a bit disturbing if you're a sensitive type. So many of these games have disturbing issues, that if you don't understand the premise of them, they'll bother you. This one is bothersome in that the sicko Dr. Sigmund Fraud (appropriate name), is so greedy that he drugs people, including our "star," Rose, just a child, so he can gyp people out of money by drugging everybody and doing away with them. The entire game is so different that although short, I found it very interesting in a psychoanalytical way, and fun to play as an almost straight HOG

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Review and Comment for May, 2011

[Post New]by SMQMC on May 16, 11 5:12 PM
Aside from being an almost straight HOG, the only things that become monotonous are the "cell-grid" match games. They aren't that difficult, but just tedious. Even so, "Redrum" is so different from any other in theme, I found it a great game even though it was short. You also have to do a lot of reading, but if you don't, you'll miss the whole point of the game-play. Maybe not a game for everyone, but I really enjoyed it. As far as the ending goes.............well, I think you have to make up your own mind on that part. The devs also put in a lot of bloody looking scenes, more for effect than anything else, so if you ignore that, the game is just a game. Anyway, that's all of my humble opinion for today. Enjoy "Redrum" if it's your thing!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 17, 11 7:25 AM
I'm with SMQMC, I really didn't like this game and found it somewhat boring! The sequel is much better....!!!. Of course, it's not $2.99 at present. The sequel is Redrum: Times Lies.

enibas95
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by enibas95 on May 17, 11 7:57 AM
I agree... It's boooring . I played for 1/2 hour and it's just not for me. Same game over and over again and I don't think it will get any better down the road.

[Post New]by yiddell67 on May 17, 11 11:05 AM
The game was much shorter than I thought it would be. The grids did get to be boring after doing them over and over. Still, it is fine fro $2.99.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on May 21, 11 4:49 AM
Played the demo for 40 minutes... I like the story and the music, but dislike the gameplay. I don't like straight hidden object, the match pictures puzzles were nice during first chapter and then became an annoyance. Anagram puzzles haven't irked me yet, maybe because English is not my first language, so they are more challenging to me.
All in all, I don't think I will be purchasing this game. Too repetitive. Games are supposed to be fun.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 21, 11 6:25 AM
I can see why this game made the $2.99 slot. Not even worth $2.99 in my book. Certainly not "scary" enough to deserve the warning. Good grief. No story unless you want to spend "fooorevvver" reading the script. Same games over and over. the hidden object games were good, but not that good. Spend your $ on something else. Never made it past the free hour, so can't comment on how short it is.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on May 22, 11 4:56 PM
I didn't like this game when it first came out.... uber bizarre in my book (and I LOVE the bizarre and different!!) ... I didn't even finish the trial... first game I ever blew off without finishing and I've been a faithful BF gamer since 2006. To me, not worth even $2.99... Heck.... I wouldn't play it if THEY paid ME!!!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jul 14, 14 8:53 PM
I went backwards from the second Redrum which I really like. Silly me, thinking it would be similar.

I'm glad it was a freebie but I bet I could have easily chosen a better game.

What is really scary and creepy and horrifying is that I am still an ugly herring.

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 8:53:37 PM PST

Go to: