cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 17 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 17, 11 12:13 AM
Give us your views fishes?

Edited 'cause I got the date wrong

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 12:22:02 AM PST

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

Re:Todays DD 17 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by sandhan on May 17, 11 2:15 AM
2 hours, and no comments! I had to check it out just out of curiosity. Cute, and the picture filled my whole screen with no black bars; unusual. It's one of those where you click on groups of blocks to make them all disappear. I could tell
it would be getting more difficult, but I could only stand the cuteness for
about ten minutes. Probably fun for little kids.

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 17, 11 7:20 AM
It was a cute game but for the wrong age of my grandkids here. I have teenagers who have games of their own and also like mine and are better at it than I am. The other granchild is over 2 and a half and will be ready for something soon. The games I'd be in the market for would be teaching/testing the alphabet or colours like find the blue blocks or find the blocks with Ks on them. I'll have to look for something we can play together.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on May 17, 11 9:04 AM
well, aside from the very saccharine theme, characters, story, and... well, everything... this game is almost palatable... almost...

regardless of the increasing level of difficulty, i think my niece would say this one is for 'babies' - crazy how worldly a child can feel at six - just on how it looks... she's very grown-up about her games, i'll give her that, and while this one takes some strategy to get through after you get through the second area and into the attic... i'm afraid it's still a "book by its cover" deal... regardless of the soap opera dialogue and the wonderful underlying sentiment about 'boys' and their priorities

adventure mode is puzzles... can you clear all the blocks without stranding yourself with a lone "A"? you get special blocks to help you clear the oddballs, so it's best to leave them alone until the end of the round or you will probably need to restart... there no real clean solution once the game starts making you think, so your best bet is to take it easy and try to keep things symmetrical

i thought that arcade mode might be more like 'collapse' but it's actually a poorly executed match-3 where you swap pieces til you pop all of your adversary's balloons... the game is slow to respond and with chains and combos, you may be waiting a while til you can make another match... again, there's a ton of melodramatic dialogue... i cleared the first round and quit - just couldn't handle it anymore

this is one of those games that will be hard to sell to a certain demographic... on the hand, it's a cutesy, colorful foray into building blocks and teddy bears... on the other, it's a puzzle game set to a tragedy worthy of 'all my children' so what do you do?

i'm thinking i will simply steer clear and go watch the green hornet while my senses recuperate... something about popcorn...

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on May 17, 11 10:01 AM
I played the game for about 40 min, I didn't think it was a bad game, acturally I liked it better than the match 3 games. You have to click on the like blocks and they disappear leaving the blocks above them to drop and you continure to click on blocks that match until no blocks are left. there are bombs and other things that help but it gets quite diffecult later on.
I was hoping that this game was something that my 6 yr old grandson could play but there is so much reading in it that someone would have to stick right with him through most of the game, not like LUCKY CLOVER where he can play by himself.
not sure if it is buy for me but if you get past the child theme it is a nice, fun, game

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 17, 11 10:20 AM

For the DD , I've decided to buy it as it's difficult enough but not too difficult to be pulling my hair out; actually after my trial was up -- 60 minutes seemed to go by awfully fast I felt less stressed

MEnr56

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 17, 11 6:09 PM
I played the hour demo sometime back and had it in my "may buy if daily deal" folder. So I bought it. It's a collapse type match 3. I've played it just a little since buying to refresh my memory a bit before commenting. I'm glad to add this to my collection. It seems to have some gameplay differences from other games I own.

Edited on 05/17/2011 at 6:14:50 PM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 17, 11 8:09 PM

I actually would have bought this game today except for the frequent and annoying banners with exclamations of congratulations that are placed right in front of the game field (during play) thus obscuring it.

Too bad, its a good game otherwise.

Valeray
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Valeray on Sep 1, 11 8:58 PM
I agree with PurrrThang's view.

Edited on 09/01/2011 at 8:59:31 PM PST

Go to: