shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on May 18, 11 12:50 AM
Okay DeadRiver. Here is the thread that you requested in the "Downloading" thread but with the genre of today's game, I wouldn't expect much action here... I am going to go play a game that I like (which doesn't include TMs!). Toodles - catch ya tomorrow when there is something better offered... (I hope!).

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Chit Chat, Rants and Other Comments

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 18, 11 12:57 AM
Hi there,
TMs not my type of game either. But tomorrow is Thursday, so maybe those of us who haven't already tried to purchase a CE using the new system will give it a go!!
Cheers

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 18, 11 1:15 AM
@ ShazPG

The new system of buying CE's with 2 Game Club credits instead of cash

Kel

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 18, 11 1:26 AM
LOL - thanks Kel. I found the thread right after I asked the question, then came back and deleted my post. Only on refreshing the page did I see that someone had answered. Sorry to have deleted my query and confuse anyone with your answer

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 1:27:03 AM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 18, 11 1:30 AM
Not my type of game either... anyway I have enough to do in my garden right now....

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 18, 11 1:39 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:

But tomorrow is Thursday, so maybe those of us who haven't already tried to purchase a CE using the new system will give it a go!!

DragonLadyOz perhaps you can help me out here:

I am struggling to understand how the new system will work.

I received my Game Club Credit on or about the 13th of each month, however the first game I buy after the Game Club Credit has been issued uses that credit, it happens automatically and I don't know how to prevent it happening.

Eg., this month I was going to use my punch card credit to acquire "Agency of Anomalies" but when I attempted to buy it, I discovered my Game Club Credit had already been inserted into my Order, last month I was going to buy Azada for $2.99, but once again, discovered the game was bought with my Game Club Credit. This didn't concerned me before because it was like getting a free gift, but now it is causing me some concern, because I would very much like to use my GCC for C/E's.

Am I doing something wrong? and if not, how will I be able to accumulate 2 Game Club Credits to acquire a C/E?????

Very very confused

jojo

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on May 18, 11 2:38 AM
@ Shaz - don't worry about it - your response under mine sorts out any confusion

@ Orijojo - contact CS - I don't think it should have taken your Game Club credit for a $2.99 game!! If this is what's happening I'll NEVER buy another DD as long as I live

Kel

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 18, 11 2:40 AM
Jojo, looks like dragonlady hasn't been back to reply.
I'll do my best but there are buy help pages that spell it out on green envelope I think.

Any game you buy is set by default to use a game credit if you have one or more. But you have to override that on the same buy page. Note the box that asks if you have a Promo Code. If you are a member and logged in the price for a DD should switch to $2.99. We don't have to type in a code there anymore as it is that price for members.

If you are trying to use a punch code you got from a filled card, 6 games in a month then you copy/paste the code from the email BF sent you into that promo code box. Then you should see the total change to $0.00. If not, back out, don't Submit order and try again or contact CS.

If there is a sale going on and it has a promo code like SPRINGFEVER then you would type that in the Promo box and the game charge would switch to $4.99 or whatever the discount price is during the sale.

Anything you don't want to use a game credit for you have to enter a code to make the set price switch. Now, if you have saved up credits by not buying a game that month, and have 2 not used yet (because maybe you bought SEs and DDs with cash) If you buy a CE it should be set to take 2 game club credits. If you have just one you can always buy more credits on My Game Club Page. Or, if you want to put games on your credit card, debit whatever and not use a credit, or don't have a credit, you have that option.

I usually go to the game page itself to hit Buy Now. I think if you are still in game mgr after a demo and hit Buy, a box comes up asking Use a Game Credit, or an option. If I am using a free code I don't click Use a Credit.

Sounds convoluted, and I'm sleepy trying to picture what the pages look like.
It is really no difference buying SEs or CEs with game club credits. I mean, the cost is the same. But if you've been buying games on sales or DDs you may go a few months without useing the monthly prepaid ones and now you can use them. If you were charged full price when you meant to use a free code or DD price you should contact CS green envelope and they may sort it out and give you a credit. But their refund credits won't work like game credits. They are a code to enter in the Promo box like punchcard codes. It may be there is a glitch on your cookies or something if that default price doesn't allow other methods of payment.

Now, maybe someone will come by and correct me,

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 18, 11 2:47 AM
Orijojo, I decided to download and try this game (just from curiosity), and my Game Manager was re-installed automatically.

I tried to "buy" some game, which was not on my list (for try) - just for test - and was taken straight to my account, with all the possibilities I can do: coupon, credit, or buy online.

I suggest you to download any game, wait for the re-install of the new Game Manager, and test it. I think things have changed...

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 18, 11 3:58 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
TMs not my type of game either. But tomorrow is Thursday, so maybe those of us who haven't already tried to purchase a CE using the new system will give it a go!!
Cheers

WHAT?!?!

I really should read the forums regularly, it looks like I missed an important announcement.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on May 18, 11 5:35 AM
I missed it also. Where can I go to see the new format?

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 18, 11 8:03 AM
Thanks Puzzledone

For taking so much time to answer my question.

I have taken a copy of your post and will research as you have advised.

Once again thanks

jojo

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 18, 11 8:12 AM
Hi Lily,

(Hi Lili, Hi Lili, Hi Lo)

Yes I also downloaded a game today (Pure Hidden), and a new Game Manager was installed prior to the game loading.

I've had quite a few new Game Manager downloads over the past few weeks, so I don't think the problem is there, it's more than likely the problem is with me.

I'm going to follow through with the advice from Puzzledone and if I can't resolve my issue after that, I will contact CS.

Thank you

jojo

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 18, 11 10:04 AM
Hi all,

I have got the hang of how the new system works.

Earlier I was going to submit the question of would it be cheaper to buy extra credits to use.

DUH, Of course it would, we would save a whole 1 cent per game.

Having a blonde day today !!!!!

Jojo

Go to: