bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 18, 11 2:34 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nancy Drew: Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake

[Post New]by Laflamme on Dec 16, 11 4:50 AM
Both Secret of the Scarlet Hand and Ghost Dogs of Moon Lake have been published in 2002. The first one in September, the other one in November. But during those months there must have been some kind of meeting at HER Interactive.

I criticized Scarlet Hand for having an ancient graphic, not much interaction with other characters and my biggest beef was that you had to travel back to the hotel all the time to look at your notes, thus having to write down everything and draw maps for yourself.

Now, what did they change in Pennsylvania? Interaction is still at a minimum, you meet three people during the game. Graphics seem to be a little better, let's say instead of 1992 I would now say you can compare it to games from 1999. But, big BUT, you get a Palm. So essentially you have your clues with you all the time - get stuck, have a look on the palm, you are on your way again. And suddenly the game is much less unnerving and much better.

The puzzles are fine, most of the time it's clear what you have to do - and you can always phone Bess, George and the Hardys, with the phone being in a convenient, central location. Scare factor is minimal though - you see the dogs once at the start of the game, then nothing until the showdown. When you find the culprit's diary it's also easy to figure out whose face will appear in the tunnel.

Bottom Line: Big improvement over the previous game, recommended as entry to the series. For me, Waverly will be next.

[Post New]by perfume60 on Jun 9, 14 9:39 AM
I absolutely hate this game! I have been going around in circles on this game the arrow is really slow and at times does not move at all i will never buy one of these games again it looks old and is boring too i like the concept but cannot find my way around the game at all wish i had never bought it.

malibu99
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by malibu99 on Jun 12, 14 2:17 AM
i am stuck at the shed where the fire started . i have the bucket of water. but cant get the fire to go out. i need help

Go to: