jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

Tips & Tricks for The Joy Of Farming

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 18, 11 1:00 PM
Hi all.

This will probably be a very short thread, as this is a tricky game. ( That will not beat me )

A few pointers i have picked up.

1: When you wack a robber, not only do you earn 50$ but catch his booty mid air & you earn an extra 25$.

2. There are rewards to be won. I just won one for selling 100 carrots no less LOL.

Lets hear all your findings too

Jojo

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Tips & Tricks for The Joy Of Farming

[Post New]by Csustar on May 18, 11 5:33 PM
I found out you can sell back things if needing an upgrade to get something else faster. Duh, I should have known as you can do that in Farm Frenzy too.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 19, 11 11:21 AM
Also,

Remember, if you have 2 fields & one is further away from the water than the other, it will take the worker longer to grow his produce.

It may also affect your choice of what field to upgrade etc.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 19, 11 3:43 PM
Remembering to finish out the level so you can get things upgraded instead of restarting when you see you are not going to get gold is helpful. I have this thing about wanting to get gold before I move on, that I have forgotten to go ahead and finish it out, so I can build up money for upgrades.

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 20, 11 3:10 AM
On the earlier levels that's not much help though, because you don't have time to earn enough money to upgrade things.

I'm finding I have a lot of produce, and it's not selling fast enough, so my farmers are spending a lot of time walking between farm and storage waiting for it to empty out. I got the display boxes on the right side of the stall, which helps, but also make sure you've always got something for sale, to keep the customers moving through. I have too many levels where I've got everything ready and miss out on gold because the customers aren't coming, or are lined up waiting to be served.

I realized in the top left corner you can see who the next 3 customers are going to be. I'm trying to make sure I have two of a product ready whenever a farmer is about to come in. I'm not sure if it's a great tactic - I'm getting gold on a few more levels, but there are still some that elude me.

Dee6583
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Dee6583 on May 20, 11 10:53 AM
You can click on the machines to make them go faster.

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on May 20, 11 12:52 PM
Dee6583 wrote:You can click on the machines to make them go faster.

Tried that and could not tell any difference, only when I upgraded the machine did it go faster for me. Anyone else have any luck clicking on machine to speed it up?

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 20, 11 3:07 PM
No, I tried it also and it made no difference. Upgrading is the only thing that speeds them up for me as well.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 21, 11 2:55 AM
Remember to sell your juice workers as soon as they have made their jiuce. ( I know this works in the lower levels. I, edit later if I ever progress far enough to find out.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 21, 11 5:57 AM
I notice there is some confusion about whether carrot farmers can grow more than 1 carrot at a time. They can.

In the little check box below the field click on it to sow a seed and immediately after, click on it again BEFORE the farmer leaves to gather water.

This is essential on some levels & sometimes if you miss it early on, give up and start again. (Only sometimes though)

Jojo

[Post New]by Nixxxx on May 21, 11 8:50 AM
Am I the only one having trouble on Level 21? I do not have a factory to pack the potatoes, but I do need it.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on May 21, 11 11:34 AM
OK, I now know how Archimedes felt in that bathtub!!

HUGE tip here guys.... When you upgrade the watering can, the farmer will produce TWO of each product from one planting. So instead of one carrot being harvested from a seed, he'll harvest 2. Same for sunflowers & wheat - I never tried it on the potatoes, but I can't see it being any different. It makes a HUGE difference to some of the levels - if only I found out sooner!

I'm way round at level 37 & got gold on a few, silver on a few more... now I can go round those missing levels & see how much improvement I can make - I've been indoors hiding from the rain, playing this all day - so I think it's time for coffee & some serious clicking going on tonight!

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on May 21, 11 11:36 AM
Nixxxx wrote:Am I the only one having trouble on Level 21? I do not have a factory to pack the potatoes, but I do need it.

Nixxx, did you try looking in the 'Buy' section of the store?

On some levels, you have to buy things in when you have enough money. I think level 21 was one of those levels!

[Post New]by Nixxxx on May 21, 11 1:39 PM
I didn't even notice the "buy"section until now. Thank you for the tip!

ShazPG
Clownfish
Clownfish
688 Posts

[Post New]by ShazPG on May 21, 11 3:21 PM
@juliesherris, yes, that's a great tip - but you have to buy the more expensive bucket of water too.

On some levels I don't bother - the cost of upgrading and of the more expensive buckets means there's something else I have to delay upgrading.

If you DO upgrade the well, you can click on the wooden buckets underneath and sell them back, then buy the second type of bucket so you get the benefit from the upgraded well immediately.

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on May 21, 11 3:49 PM
Shaz, although the buckets are dearer to buy, it means that you're only buying 1 seed for 2 or 3 harvests - which saves you money when it comes to the sunflowers for instance.

It might not be good for the cheaper seeds, unless it's speed that you're after - but I now have nearly half turned to gold, so back to clicking.....

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on May 22, 11 4:31 AM
Hi Shaz & Julie,

Great tips & thank you both.

I am podding on very slowly trying to get gold on every level before I move on, but Heaven knows when I will get bored with that.

You are both doing so well to get so far.!!

Jojo

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Jun 1, 11 2:45 PM
If you have the producing buildings upgraded and need more than one item of what they produce, I found it helps to choose the option that makes them produce 2 or 3 items at once. They only need one of each ingredient, which is helpful when ingredients are expensive or need a long time to grow. For example, let the French Fries factory make three fries at once and they only need 1 oil and 1 potato bag to make 3 fries. Saves time and money.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Jun 25, 11 6:18 AM
I didn't know upgrading the water pump would multiply the amount grown until I read this forum. There was no instruction or help in the game (or did I miss it?). With the most expensive bucket, one seed produces 3 instead of 1. Some levels I couldn't get gold on, once I found out about this, there was no problem.

Also the first upgrade for the farmer's speed is only 120. Getting 2 thieves earn this amount so this is a small price to pay to speed things up.

When customers have to reach the store via 2 ladders or a long ladder, always upgrade to a tube asap.

Finally, try to upgrade Joy (the shopkeeper) for 500 asap, she moves very slowly, to get your money back soon this is necessary.

Edited on 06/25/2011 at 6:23:27 AM PST

[Post New]by Stripes007 on Sep 7, 11 6:59 AM
If you give up on a level just play game but do not make the last thing to sell for 1 hour
the timmer resets to 00:00 I normaly have the thing made and just sitting to go to Joy to sell by 55:00 then after 59:55 I move that thing to Joy to sell and get GOLD (I know its a Bad Cheat but after 15 trys on a level I gave up and just to see how many things I Can Buy and how long I could play found this cheat.

Go to: