DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 19, 11 12:45 AM
Hi there,
Having trialled this at the dev's site, it is not as easy as the first one. You need to actually read the information given to you in the scenes.
Cheers

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on May 19, 11 12:58 AM
Another worth waiting for! I've bought and finished the game from the dev site a week ago. The game is fantastic! The graphics is brilliant, storyline is great, music is also amazing! Puzzles are very challenging, if they gave a clear instruction that will be better. I liked the new abilities of little dragon and fairy but I hate their annoying sound. There're lots if locations to visit, the game is a little bit hard as well. The strategy guide of this game looks strange and doesn't give much help. The lenght is very long around 5-6 hours plus another hour or more for an extremely long bonus chapter.

I really enjoyed the game and don't want it to end, thus Is one MUST HAVE in your hogs collection.

*and as everybody did mentioned (and i forget) - i hate those flashing light, i have to turning back every time i completed the curse*

PS. Can't wait for the third one, hope it will be as good as the bonus teaser...

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 2:59:03 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 19, 11 1:03 AM
Ooh TeamSD,
You've let the cat out of the bag!! Now there will be lots of comments about unfinished business!!
Cheers

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on May 19, 11 1:09 AM
I've just bought it sight unseen because the first one was so good. Also it's a large game and looks to be a FROG which I prefer. Anything with dragons, is a must have too .

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 19, 11 1:17 AM
Leemo wrote:Anything with dragons, is a must have too .

Except for that nasty H0 game (which does not deserve being mentioned here) that had you destroy the dragon!!
Cheers
ETA Oops, should have posted a comment or review!!

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 1:18:19 AM PST

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 19, 11 1:19 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 19, 11 1:22 AM
Hi there goofyduck,
Regarding your spoiler:
Some of the items at this level can't be found until the fairy has the strength ability which is acquired a little later.
Cheers

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 19, 11 2:05 AM

Thanks, Goofy!! Great review, as always!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 19, 11 2:19 AM
Great graphics as usual (Gogii). I played the full demo but it didnt grab me as fast as their other games have in the past.

I did enjoy the first game, sure glad I did the demo this time.

Guess I will wait till later in day to see more reviews/comments... I have CE fever.

Happy game day

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 19, 11 2:24 AM
I've been looking forward to this game because I'm a big fan of the first one. But it hasan't lived up to my expectations. Not to say it isan't good, but it's not the best. The graphics are very blurry and grainy and faded. I love fariytales,but the storyline in this one is a little dark. I enjoy the voice overs. Although I can see where that will irriatate alot of people. I don't mind the fairy. I rather like her. I will definietly wait for the SE. I will purchase this game when the SE comes out. But I won't be holding my breath with anticipation like I thought I would. Give it a try for sure. Not worth the CE to me.

I rate this: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on May 19, 11 2:25 AM
jkuci wrote:
Thanks, Goofy!! Great review, as always!

And so say I, myself and me....thanks Goofy once again you've given us a great review without unneeded fluff and feathers lol.

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on May 19, 11 2:27 AM
Okay, it's seems like an okay game and all, nothing uber-special about it really. After about 30 mins of demo, I'm really on the fence about this one. I'm just not sure I can deal with the constant flashes of light and all those pink and purple sparkles all over the place all the time. The little fairy following my every move is also quite distracting and super annoying. I also had to turn dialogue off because the fairy voice was getting on my nerves. I don't know, I'll play the rest of the demo after work but so far I'm SO not impressed.

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on May 19, 11 2:38 AM
Shorenuf wrote:

For some reason I can't quite grasp I am not getting that 100% Wow!, I have to keep playing feeling I usually get with these games that clearly have higher production value. Maybe in the light of day …

Neither am I, however I did decide to play the advanced mode, and towards the end of the trial I started to get that feeling of déjà vu which got me a little excited, and based on TeamSD’s comments I‘m probably going to buy, but I will wait for a few more comments before I commit my $14.99.

Don’t worry TeamSD, I won’t hold you responsible if I buy, I was going to buy without trialing it, but decided it’s better to be wise than foolish.

jojo

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on May 19, 11 2:39 AM
Really enjoyed this one from the developers site last week and was hoping it would shouw up here soon.
Well developed story, very familiar to everyone here. The only blip I ran into isn't a blip but an irritant. The fairy's voice was nauseatingly cute. Since I share a home with a husband, of course he piped up "what IS that you are playing now" because of her voice. Otherwise it was great fun.
I'm one of those sensitive to lights and this one wasn't too bad at all. So, fingers crossed, I hope to get through the whole thing now.
With each fairy empowerment There are more things you can get into. I found 3 out of 4 just from the demo, so I really don't know how long this game is. Anyone know? Is it worth the $?
I'll write more after finishing.
kris

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 19, 11 2:44 AM
I was really looking forward to this game but I, personally, do not like all the

totally unnecessary bright flashes of light

that you constantly get when changing to close up areas etc. They completely ruined the game for me plus I also found some of the graphics good and some a bit blurry so as much as it pains me to say it ...
NO BUY .

DEVS ... please take note before making the third game ... no flashing lights.

Cherb

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on May 19, 11 3:07 AM
Oh dear, who decided that an annoying white fairy that flits across the screen and tells you what to do was a great idea to include in this?
I trialed the game on the devs site and have been waiting to ask this question! It totally switched me off the game, unfortunately. I feel as though I'm being told what to do by Tinker-irritating-bell............why can't I find a sledgehammer or brick to break things myself etc?
The artwork is so so and as others have said, the flashing lights could cause some players issues. I certainly preferred the first 'curse' game over this.

A real shame as apparently there's over 8 hours gameplay (according to the dev).

On a side note - why do I get the feeling I've played a similar game before with a fairy that has abilities to 'help' you?

elenasstar
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by elenasstar on May 19, 11 3:15 AM
Bought this one without even demoing it! Wow! It was worth waiting for!

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on May 19, 11 3:21 AM
I only played for 15 minutes and was very disappointed..will not be buying this one...especially at Collectors Edition price!!
Next step was very vague...kept having to click on the pixie and then it did not give you much of a hint..too much back and forth for me!!!
OHHH well...wait until anothe **** game is released!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 19, 11 3:32 AM
Oasis, I am with you! Very unhelpful and "foggy" Strategy Guide!

When an object is in another floor, it sends you to the floor you are at the present, and you can tear the location with you mouse, you won't find anything!!!

Big shame, Gogii!

Edited on 05/19/2011 at 4:08:12 AM PST

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on May 19, 11 3:51 AM
oh wow! I am pretty excited to see a CE of a sequel to this game....i did enjoy the first one & felt the length was fairly decent....i am looking forward to playing this....

Go to: