cleoladycat
Manatee
Manatee
3,734 Posts

Todays DD 20 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by cleoladycat on May 20, 11 12:02 AM
Any comments or reviews fishes?

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Todays DD 20 May 11 Comments and reviews.

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 20, 11 1:41 AM
I am so excited there offering this game as a DD. I've been waiting for it. I really like it. It's filed under word games. But it's kinda a combo of word and hog. I like the story and graphics are great. I think this game is a great deal and I really like it. It looks like alot of people already have this game. I'm glad I get a chance to have it. If you haven't tried this game, make sure you do. It's a good game at a great price.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 20, 11 2:05 AM
LovetoMissLisa wrote:I am so excited there offering this game as a DD. I've been waiting for it. I really like it. It's filed under word games. But it's kinda a combo of word and hog. I like the story and graphics are great. I think this game is a great deal and I really like it. It looks like alot of people already have this game. I'm glad I get a chance to have it. If you haven't tried this game, make sure you do. It's a good game at a great price.

Yes, after Itried the demo I realized I had tried it before. It seemed so difficult before but now it's just my cup of tea. At the price of a DD, I can't resist.

vezzettj
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by vezzettj on May 20, 11 2:32 AM
I'm really enjoying the graphics on this one... It is a cross between a HOG and a Word Game... and it looks like the "new version" fixed a lot of the translation errors... at least in the item lists; the story is still a little flakey but much easier to deal with than looking for the wrong item!

I completed 3 locations so far: each location has 2 areas. Each area has a seperate HOG list and several letters to find; but you can only find the items that are on the list... even if you can see the letter and know you will need it later. The letters go into your "inventory" and can be used to fill in the words of items that are NOT on your list... wow, it was so easy to play but is hard to explain! lol. Ok, so you select the letter and a bunch of items, each missing one letter from their description are visible. If the letter completes one of the words, then the item will move (when you place the letter in the word) and you may be able to pick up an item (that was previously greyed out from your list). Sometimes, the letters will complete descriptions in the other area in that location. So you might need to move back and forth finding letters, to find greyed out items (once visible they are no longer greyed out), to make room for more items on your list (you can only see 8? at a time), to be allowed to find another letter from the list to complete the description for an item in the other area, etc...

Each location has a non-standard puzzle and a "fill in the blanks" message to advance the story. If you can't tell what the message will be, move the letters they give you around and it will be "dark yellow" when the letter is in the correct location. The puzzles have not repeated in the first 3 areas... but again, you have a "message" at each location.

From the forums, it looks like this game has 18 levels (I completed 3 levels in 40 minutes) so the length looks good... but they also say that the ending was abrupt... But for a Daily Deal price, I think I'll pick this up!

Give the demo a try... it might not be for everyone but you might also be happily suprised (I was).

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 20, 11 3:58 AM
I bought this at the regular price when it first came out and really enjoyed it. It's something different and that is always welcome!

yve501
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by yve501 on May 20, 11 5:16 AM
I think I'm going to buy this but I need to try it on my old xp first. I demo'd it on W& and my computer automatically stretches the picture for widescreen which meant some of the graphics were offscreen.
I'm not a great fan of straight hogs but I do like wordgames and cardgames.
This was a relaxing pretty game and at the DD price well worth it.

I enjoyed it much more than the TGT.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on May 20, 11 5:43 AM
I don't have much to add. I enjoyed this one because it is a little different. For me, I thought it was challenging to find everything, especially hard to spot the letters sometimes. This is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.

I didn't get frustrated but, I think the hint button may take a little longer to recharge and might get annoying for you if you put off using it until you are completely tired of looking like I do. It made for more "clock watching" type waiting when I had trouble with more than 2 items left to find.

IMO it's definitely worth the DD price if you like the Demo.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 20, 11 5:48 AM
I bought this when released in spite of a lot of neg reviews, it was quite different, not a straight hog. Wouldn'f really call it a word game, but spelling out words is part of the hunt for letters for seen objects.

The only problem I had first time was some very very teeny objects on first outdoor scene. Was playing on W7 15" laptop, reduced picture. The indoor HOG scenes were quite clear and defined close up, then graphics when going back and forth were blurry. I liked the gameplay so loaded it on older pc with XP, regular monitor. Then things were clearer and bigger.

I had to start it over as progress had been on the old lapto. Ashamed to say the icon is still on my desktop, anxious to go back and Resume, or rather start fresh again, forgotten in the meantime but want to see where the story goes. It got buried when a couple sales came along and stopped to overbuy. How long ago was that?

The DD reminded me of it, it was a fun one, think I'll replay it from start instead of trying the TGT and getting sidetracked again

I think enough people liked it if only because it isn't same ole same ole, so try it and see it is a winner at this price. Maybe it will keep me out of trouble for awhile.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on May 20, 11 7:24 AM
This is a really nice game. It is different than the norm too with the letters and such. I've only played 19 mins of the demo but I think I'll grab it up at the dd price. I also really like the music. Normally I turn music off or just don't really think too much about it but I think the developers did a really nice job with this game.

Edited on 05/30/2011 at 3:04:29 PM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on May 20, 11 8:14 AM
(Win7x64 computer)
Would have bought it except it did not save my progress. I got to the second level and exited the game. I went back in later, using the same profile, and was back at the beginning of the game. Closed/reopened again to be sure I had my profile selected...still at the beginning. [I have an old note from when I previously demo'd the game (on my old XP PC) that Save only occurred at the end of a level, so I would not have been surprised to be back at the beginning of the second level, but that was not the case.]

I am going by what another poster said -- that each level is 2 areas. If this is incorrect, I would appreciate someone letting me know and I will give the game another chance.

BTW also had a screen flicker every so often. Not bad enough to not play the game. Due to the Save issue, I didn't bother to try a different monitor refresh rate.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on May 20, 11 8:43 AM
Had this on my waiting list for DD since it came out, cant wait to play it now.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on May 20, 11 9:06 AM
This seems to be the most current Comments and Review section (other than the two "blank" ones in the Discussion Listing), so I'll comment here. I'm going to give this one a try since I love both H0 games and Word games. Should be a good one for me. There were a lot of negative reviews in the older "Comments" sections, but you know, everyone has their own thing that's special to them. What you like, I may not like, and visa-versa. That doesn't make a "bad" game, just one that you or I may not care for.
Honest reviews just tell you about the pros and cons of a game from an experience viewpoint, not personal feelings. I like to know when there are teensy-tiny objects, or sparkles, or the length, or the type of graphics, or suggestive comments, or gore, or translation problems, or cruelty, or game glitches, or occult, or anything that could temper my desire for the game from MY standpoint, not somebody else's. This game is one I choose to purchase of the merits of the type of game it seems to be (and the price). I don't think I'll be disappointed in my pond catch today!
(Edited for clarity)

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 3:02:06 PM PST

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on May 20, 11 9:35 AM
I tried it for about 30 minutes and I liked it so bought it. At the DD price how can you miss: that is if you like hidden object games. Some of the objects are hard to see but there is a hint button. Some of the "puzzles" are easy and some are a little harder but there is a skip button. So far I have played for about an hour now and still there seems to be enough game still unplayed to keep me busy for another couple hours or so. Its different from most games I've played before but the plot is different, imaginitive, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this all is going. Its definitely worth a try.

catfrog
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by catfrog on May 20, 11 10:02 AM
Games like this are why I check Big Fish every day! As others have said, this most definitely is a different twist on a HOG.

Love the music, I find it so relaxing. The hidden object scenes are just the right amount of difficulty for me - challenging, but not in an exasperating way. The puzzles have been fun so far, and there was even a solitaire game.

Wasn't going to buy a game this week, but this one changed my mind. Super bargain at the DD price, bought it half an hour into the trial.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 10:38:38 AM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on May 20, 11 11:55 AM
This seems to be a love it or hate it game, so I thought I'd weigh in here. I think it is a definite try before you buy game. I just played the hour. At first I really had to force myself to finish it, but that may be because I just checked out some really super high quality games. If it wasn't for the tiny screen problem, I really don't know if I would have bought this or not.

This is a no buy for me because I play on a very large laptop and don't have 20/20 vision. It has a wide border top and bottom which make the screen area quite small, even on my larger than average screen.

Pros: The clarity is excellent, really lovely graphics. Music didn't annoy me and was appropriate for the scenes.

Cons: While the pop up word game didn't bother me, it was so easy it didn't excite me either. It didn't add anything, and as I love word games I was disappointed. Not surprised however, since I read the reviews. I did find the unasked hint sparkles annoying, more so because I've played several games recently that had them. I'll ask if I want a hint.

The subject matter interested me, I remember when cornea transplants were still news there was a case where a young man began having a connection with the donor, who was a great deal like him. In that case, his transplant memories eventually led him to the donor's family. However, this story line is a bit confusing since we don't see her visions and she is suddenly popping off to a new location. I felt like the developers didn't have a very clear idea of who their target audience was. For me it made the game play uneven. It may be people are reacting so strongly because the graphics are so nice you want it to be better.

As a DD, I'd say if you liked the demo, aren't on a tight budget and don't mind the end is abrupt (according to other reviews) it's worth the price.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 20, 11 6:06 PM
Bought it and played it to the end today. Felt it was worth 3 bucks but not a penny more than that. Story sketchy and ends in the middle. The gimmick of the words worked okay, just not much going on. Got tired of the very repetitious shape stacking mini-game.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 6:09:22 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 20, 11 10:36 PM
I disliked this game when it first came out and time hasn't made the game any better in my opinion. I remember writing a longer review back then so won't repeat myself here. When I first played it on my desktop computer, the objects were small and difficult to see. On my notebook, they are even more difficult. The scenes are just cluttered with objects and they are blurry. I thought the whole storyline to be really weird. When it first came out, I demoed for the full hour. This time it only took 12 minutes for me to remind myself of why I never bought it in the first place. So, no go for me, even at the DD price.

Petlover1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Petlover1 on May 21, 11 9:54 AM
I really like this game. It is a unique twist to combine a word and hidden object game together. However I found the ending rather anticlimatic and it left the storyline hanging.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 21, 11 11:07 AM
I played the trial a long time ago and didn't like it enough to buy it. Having played it to end as today's DD, I should have kept to my original judgement. Far too easy / repetitive and the ending wasn't worth the effort to get there.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on May 21, 11 5:38 PM
I loved the game. Something different from the HOG's I've been playing and I love word games. But the ending.....very abrupt! I am still wondering what happened but perhaps they did it this way so a second one can be made.

Deb

Go to: