bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Emma and the Inventor forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 11 12:05 AM
Welcome to Emma and the Inventor forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Emma and the Inventor players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Emma and the Inventor forum

[Post New]by jdmartin234 on May 20, 11 12:56 AM
am stuck at the clock cant find the code or the picture PLEASE HELP

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 20, 11 12:57 AM
Check out the foyer again.

lif29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lif29 on May 20, 11 1:26 AM
I have been looking at the picture but still don't get the code thing. The clock shows 15.45 but in what way does that help, if you have to enter a three digit code. Sorry, maybe just supid, but could somebody please help?

lif29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lif29 on May 20, 11 1:27 AM
I have been looking at the picture but still don't get the code thing. The clock shows 15.45 but in what way does that help, if you have to enter a three digit code. Sorry, maybe just supid, but could somebody please help?

lif29
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by lif29 on May 20, 11 1:27 AM

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on May 20, 11 2:15 AM
hi fishes when it comes to the clock i got the turkey took a while if you want to know how .just send a p m dont want to spoil it for all the other fishes.it looks like a good game so far have a great time fishes i am off to sleepppppp will look at my box in the am for those who want help i hope by then there will be a w t for this i may use a punch code for it will see nite all

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on May 20, 11 2:53 AM
Do not use the 24 hour clock.

ajenique
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ajenique on May 20, 11 2:54 AM
What are the right colors for the machine in the greenhouse?

philtrill
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by philtrill on May 20, 11 2:02 PM
I checked the walkthrough for that part.

[Post New]by dlovejoy78 on May 20, 11 5:40 PM
Is there a skip button for the puzzle? I have been trying to do the pipe puzzle so the liquid flows correctly and am absolutely stumped. I tried the BF walk through but still unable to complete. Spent 20 minutes.

Help!!!!!!!

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 21, 11 5:58 AM
How cute that this , what I thought was a good game for playing in the trial mode, was actually a (replaced first word with) stupid demo version. Got as far as the scarecrow and got a message to buy the game. Now where at the beginning did it say the game was a demo???? I had quite a lot of time left in trial mode.

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 21, 11 5:59 AM
lif29 wrote:I have been looking at the picture but still don't get the code thing. The clock shows 15.45 but in what way does that help, if you have to enter a three digit code. Sorry, maybe just supid, but could somebody please help?

try the time: 3:45

Only on BFG do you get a duplicate reply this many times (3 in all) GREMLINS AT WORK.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 6:04:39 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 21, 11 5:59 AM
lif29 wrote:I have been looking at the picture but still don't get the code thing. The clock shows 15.45 but in what way does that help, if you have to enter a three digit code. Sorry, maybe just supid, but could somebody please help?

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on May 21, 11 6:00 AM

[Post New]by s_callender4 on May 21, 11 11:29 AM
Hello all, I'm stuck on the books, any help

[Post New]by revtami on May 22, 11 6:27 AM
One of the things I've always liked about Game Fish is the fact that they give you plenty of time with each game to make sure it's a game you'll enjoy and one that's worth your money. In fact Game Fish prides itself on that one hour "try it" benefit it has. Well apparently the manufacturers of Emma and the Inventor don't agree with Game Fish's 60 minute try out time. The game cut itself off and presented me with a lovely popup that said thanks for trying the game, times up, buy or delete. Or words to that effect. Anyway there was still 18 minutes on the timer for this one. I've had a couple of other games do this too (cut off well before the allotted 60 minutes was up) but I've never said anything because I thought it was just some glitch and I ended up not buying the game anyway. I'm not going to buy this one either but I just thought someone should know about this if they don't already, and if they do know about it, why didn't anyone tell us. I probably would have tried it anyway even if I had know it wasn't going to give me the whole 60 minutes.

It's just the principle of the thing, don't tell me I've got 60 minutes if I only have 42. It's a lie and it puts a black eye on what is otherwise a great Game Fish reputation.

ahiler
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ahiler on May 22, 11 6:20 PM
Is there a walkthrough for this? I can't figure out the clock either.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 23, 11 7:09 PM
Hi Everyone!

Yes! There is definitely a Walkthrough for this game. BRAVO! BRAVO, to the developers of this "gem" of a game! It is EXACTLY the kind of game that fascinates me, keeps me intrigued, captures my heart - along with my head - and I'm DELIGHTED BEYOND WORDS that a sequel to it will be coming! WAHOOO!!!!

If every computer game were this charming, intelligent, captivating, clever, original, and heart-warming, I'd NEVER shop playing games, around the clock! I adored each of the little "worlds" they build, to hold HOGs and clues, the fantasy elements, along with the science aspects - and the beautiful relationship between Emma and her grandfather made me so jealous, I'd happily trade in every family member I have, for just ONE grandfather like hers!!!!

Thanks so much for leaving out nearly all of the ugly, grisly, gruesome, grotesque, blood-thirsty, death-worshipping, occult images that most HOG and Adventure games lately, have been filled with, to the extreme! I appreciate the more wholesome, innocent, educational, touching, fascinating, creative alternatives that CAN be created, when developers are motivated to do so. MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!

The only "downsides" I could find were that the temperature of the stovetop, necessary to cook the "special spice" was different in reality, compared to what the recipe said. In addition, I couldn't see any way one would know to mix the red & yellow liquids to make the acid reducer, without having a Walkthrough to instruct one to do this task. Thus, I couldn't find the "dish" piece, necessary for the Mysterious Machine, until I looked this info up.

More than anything, I'm GRATEFUL that the developers created a game that actually did NOT have a single technical flaw/glitch to it, that I could find! Since FOUR of the games I've purchased recently have been filled with technical glitches, this topic is an especially sore one, for me.

These developers did NOT let me down, in THAT department. YAY!!!!! It means that, for once, I don't have to contact Customer Service to complain about a single thing about this game!!!! I'm SURE the CS staffers are relieved to hear this news, as well! LOL

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on May 23, 11 7:33 PM
dlovejoy78 wrote:Is there a skip button for the puzzle? I have been trying to do the pipe puzzle so the liquid flows correctly and am absolutely stumped. I tried the BF walk through but still unable to complete. Spent 20 minutes.

Help!!!!!!!

This pipe puzzle is DIFFERENT from every other pipe puzzle you have probably ever played! THIS one involves two pipe pieces trading places with each other! Thus, it is an ORIGINAL approach to a pipe game - not the same old dull thing we've played hundreds of times before. The Walkthrough talks about the pipes trading places with each other - not merely being able to rotate around, in one place. It takes a bit more strategy and planning, doing it this new way, but it's fun and a nice change of pace, IMHO!!!

Go to: