DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on May 20, 11 12:12 AM
Post your comments and reviews for Emma and the Inventor here.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 12:45:42 AM PST

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Emma and the Inventor.

[Post New]by LeneHansen on May 20, 11 12:41 AM
It might be good without the sparkles

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 20, 11 12:44 AM
Hey DeadRiver,

thanks for opening this thread!

I've just went ahead to sticky it!

Fishies,

What do you think of Emma and the Inventor?
We value your reviews, as do many of he other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 20, 11 1:02 AM
LeneHansen wrote:It might be good without the sparkles
Yes sparkles are annoying but it looks to be a long game and that's a plus. H O scenes aren't too difficult and the graphics are decent. It's been such a slow month for HOGS that I will probably take the plunge and buy this game.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on May 20, 11 1:06 AM
My demo ended with 20 more minutes left to play, so I feel a bit gypped at this point. I looked for the walkthrough, so I could see how long this game is, but the link is blank of a walkthrough. Hmmmm... to purchase... or not to purchase... that is the question....

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on May 20, 11 1:06 AM

Despite sparkles and Grandpa hunting, I really like this game and I'm buying it NOW!!

Nice graphics, good H0 scenes, interesting puzzles....not hard but fun.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on May 20, 11 1:24 AM
That was an excellent review Goofy. I felt the same way but could never express myself as well as you did!!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 20, 11 1:25 AM
Another Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure with some, IMO, small flaws but at least I don't have to wear like yesterday.

There is a large magnifying rectangle on a swivel arm on the right hand side of your screen and when you need a close up of an object like a keyhole this swings into action. It also swings into action when you click on some sparkles ... I have nicknamed mine Tarzan .

The other "flaws" is that the exit area is a good 2 inches above the level of the inventory bar and it is easy to exit the scene also there is no option of turning the sparkles off.

The graphics are OK and the items are easy to find ... even the minute cannon and apple because of where they have been placed. The music must have seemed alright playing softly in the background because my speakers are still on .

At least this time you get to speak to your grandfather very briefly before he gets whisked to another dimension so the story is different from the norm in that you are only rebuilding a time machine ... as to how exciting the devs have made that I am about to find out by buying.

Cherb

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 20, 11 1:30 AM
I like the game. It was a pitty that the demo stopped. I think I am going to buy it.

But, is there a skipbutton for the minegames? I did the games and don't need the skipbutton so far.

besstan
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by besstan on May 20, 11 1:36 AM
i am trying this game but got stuck on puzzel what i like there is no walk through as yeti go try again see if i can sort out the sliding puzzle on the bike take care my dear friend
besstan

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 20, 11 1:38 AM
Despite the sparkles and promising myself that I would never buy another game with them in I've bought it because I found myself becoming quite addicted even though the demo was extremely short, fortunately it's downloading much more quickly now otherwise I think I would have lost the will to live.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 20, 11 2:23 AM
This is an o.k. little game. Yes, we have seen the story over and over again...and it is getting old. But I like the overall game play. It is simple and some objects are hard to find, but the hint re-loads quickly. The graphics are fine. I am having difficulties with the voice over sound. The music and other sounds work fine, but Grandpa's voice over is so low I can't hear him. But other than that it's an o.k. little game. We have seen and played it before...so I'll wait for it to become a DD or COTW. For sure try this game. But you have seen it and played the story over and over again. Developers, please give us some new storylines. Please!

I rate this game: PIGLET

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog,adventure . For true lover's of these types of games
‘ ‘
(o)

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on May 20, 11 2:32 AM
What an interesting game! Yes, it's another missing Grandpa, yes, it's another invention-gone-awry, but it has some interesting puzzles and wonderful graphics. The close-up magnifyer is a bit annoying after a while, but there are a lot of things to do and interesting ways to do them. Very novel approach to a recurring theme.

Off to buy!

ETA: I guess my views on the "same old missing Grandpa" theme is similar to my views on mystery novels or police-based TV shows. Yes, it's the same theme over and over, "find a body, collect evidence, find the murderer." That doesn't stop me from enjoying as many mystery books as I can get my hands on, though, and one TV series based on police and prosecutors managed to keep viewers happy for 20 years and at least 3 spin-off series. The number of re-runs alone show that just because it's the same format the individual episodes can still be entertaining.

Edited on 05/20/2011 at 2:39:52 AM PST

PurrrThang
Herring
Herring
394 Posts

[Post New]by PurrrThang on May 20, 11 2:33 AM
My age is showing I guess but I found the items, in many cases, too small. I would have liked to be able to use the magnifying glass whenever I wanted to instead of when they decided for me. In order to change the game to play in a window and use my computer's magnifying glass I had to restart the game to have it take effect and I imagine I'd have to do the same to return it to full screen but I stopped playing then. I found that the voices were not easy to hear and the typed conversations were difficult to read. There are so many, imho, better games that I haven't tried that I'll pass on this one.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on May 20, 11 3:02 AM
This game is a keeper I will be buying, Thx BF and DEV's, loved the graphics and sounds..I rate this game

dootney
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by dootney on May 20, 11 3:12 AM
What a nice game for the day after CE Thursday. I liked the intro, the graphics, and esp the music and yahooooo I had a game credit.. Snapped this bad boy up in a heart beat. And the greatest thing of all looks like it has some real playing time.
Have a nice day Fishes., I know I will. I love tinkering around and this looks like its gonna be a real fixer-upper.

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on May 20, 11 3:47 AM
Great game...Sadly, WAY to short. I take my time on games and even with that in mind, I finished in 1 1/2 hours. Fooled me because it seemed to be a large file download.

RHODAP50
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by RHODAP50 on May 20, 11 4:05 AM
Very disappointed, finished the demo in 45 mins and the rest took less than an hour and I am no top notch gamer by any means.

This has to be the shortest I have played in my 6 yrs + as a member

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on May 20, 11 4:07 AM
This looked like a good game, but wow way too short. Too bad really the first chapter was the longest, but they get shorter each time.

2 out of 5

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 20, 11 4:11 AM
Have to agree with tictacsix; nice little game but far too short. I was expecting much more from the size of the download but finished it in about 90 minutes. Very disappointing as otherwise it was enjoyable; some really pretty locations to search, the story is yet again a missing grandfather but I beta tested it so knew what to expect, some items were small but hint system is generous enough and generally very playable.

But the length of the game is a major drawback; I'm sorry now I wasted a credit on it.

Go to: