tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Finished the game

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 20, 11 5:04 AM
How short was that?

Downloaded, played for a bit then went to do the weekly shopping, made and finished lunch and also the game has ended so all in all I reckon I played for 90 to120 mins. max, disgusting.

Re:Finished the game

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on May 20, 11 5:27 AM
I finished too. It was indeed short. 3 hours I think. But it was a nice game!

kitwhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kitwhite on May 20, 11 7:15 AM
Took me an hour and fifteen minutes. Wish I'd saved my $$....

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on May 20, 11 7:33 AM
These three posts above are perfect examples of gamers' differences in speed of play. Some like to whip through the scenes, while others take their time to enjoy the creativity, to think about puzzle solutions b4 just starting to click, reading journals,etc. The "3-hour" time doesn't make this a bad game--probably a little below average for the SE, but still passable. I'm looking forward to this, because I'm a "take-my-time" person (not a "fuddy-duddy," just nice 'n easy).

[Post New]by glasslady918 on May 20, 11 8:53 AM
kitwhite wrote:Took me an hour and fifteen minutes. Wish I'd saved my $$....

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on May 20, 11 10:22 AM
It is a bit on the short side, but all in all, a pleasant game to play. It had some pretty great graphics/scenery, music was just right for the pace of the game and a walk through really isn't needed. I have to say, when I finished I thought it might be a good intro for any future games that could be coming to carry on Grandpa's inventive side along with Emma following after him. Enjoy!

[Post New]by gilamonster on May 20, 11 1:31 PM
I;m with you elldee, I like to take my time and enjoy!! I found the game to be really easy, but adventurous, pleasant, and fun! A refreshing change from all the ghosts and monsters. How long or short a game is , is entirely up to the player. why rush through, when you can "stop and smell the roses" Besides, where else can you get 3 hours (or more)entertainment for the price? I hope everyone enjoys this game as much as I have, and I've only played the trial. Downloading now!!!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on May 21, 11 4:52 PM
I agree with you "GILA", a thoroughly enjoyable game. 3+hrs. for me, because I missed 1 "recipe" piece, and had to go back and look for it. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Edited on 05/21/2011 at 4:53:52 PM PST

stagemel
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by stagemel on May 22, 11 4:15 PM
I managed to finish this game with three minutes to spare in the hour demo. Cute, but simple and short. I would NOT buy it!

[Post New]by CharlieSondag on May 22, 11 7:10 PM
I wish I hadn't wasted the money. When the "demo" only took 40 minutes and I had to finish installing the rest of the game, I thought there would be a lot more to it. Then I finished the rest of the game in like half an hour. Trust me, I didn't use any hints and I read the whole journal and it was still WAY too short. I thought, "surely I haven't gotten to the end... Maybe grandpa is going to take her on more journey's" and then poof, it was over. The graphics, music and game play were good, but the lenghth made it suck and I wish I could get a refund.

[Post New]by KMFuller49 on May 24, 11 8:02 PM
I was surprised that it ended so soon. A good game, but too short for the money. I never found the eye for the doll and I was still able to finish. Did anyone find the eye?

Go to: